Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 eBay Find
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valhadrion Roth
Acolyte

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  07:49:13  Show Profile Send Valhadrion Roth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Tonight while browsing the marketplace I came across this gem that I thought I'd better share with you folks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AD-D-1st-Edition-PLAYERS-HANDBOOK-Uncut-Printing-Press-Sheets-Unique-And-Rare-/234315434656?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Original print sheets of the first AD&D run direct from the printer :)

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  15:55:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valhadrion Roth

Tonight while browsing the marketplace I came across this gem that I thought I'd better share with you folks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AD-D-1st-Edition-PLAYERS-HANDBOOK-Uncut-Printing-Press-Sheets-Unique-And-Rare-/234315434656?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Original print sheets of the first AD&D run direct from the printer :)

Interesting find... But I'd have to have a hell of a lot of money to burn before even considering something like that. I've got my reprints of the 1E stuff from a few years back, and pdfs as well -- that's more than enough for me.

I had to ponder my recent $150 splurge on the Encyclopedia Magica books, because my cash isn't exactly overflowing and I don't oft spend more than like $50 at any one time on gaming stuff. Knowing I'd likely never see them again at such a great price was a major factor -- and it was Buy It Now, so there was no bidding war. (I've seen two auctions since, for the same books, hit $380)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 03 Dec 2021 15:58:02
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  17:21:03  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would def. question the authenticity of something like this, especially since the listing claims to have 3 copies (which means when one sells he can sell another with the same listing without red flags).

As far as buying them, I can't imagine why one would want an uncut unbound book :P

Imagine trying to go through a quarto in order lol
Go to Top of Page

Valhadrion Roth
Acolyte

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2021 :  23:40:56  Show Profile Send Valhadrion Roth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, I didn't even notice the three copies bit, saw the title saying "unique and rare" and had to show someone haha. At the time it was going for less than £100, seems to have gone up quite a bit now.

I can't imagine ever having that much cash to throw down on something important let alone whimsical #129335;#8205;#9794;#65039;
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2021 :  02:43:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valhadrion Roth

I can't imagine ever having that much cash to throw down on something important let alone whimsical

For my recent splurge on the Encyclopedia Magica books, I dipped into money I'd set aside for GenCon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000