Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How many ancient ruins are in Cormanthor?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowsoul Posted - 25 Jul 2015 : 21:21:01
How many ancient ruins are there in Cormanthor that have either not been uncovered in many many years or have not been discovered since their fall? This includes dungeons as well.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Steven Schend Posted - 28 Jul 2015 : 22:28:42
There's even a ruined pile of rubble that was once Silorrattor which only get mentioned in BLACKSTAFF Chapter 18 and nowhere else. :)
Markustay Posted - 26 Jul 2015 : 03:59:35
And lets not forget that nearly all of the Eastern Heartlands was one big forest - Cormanthor ruins could lie within Cormyr, or even Sembia.

I believe there are some ruins mentioned even on the other side of the Dragon Reach (the Flooded Forest was part of Cormanthor).
Hoondatha Posted - 25 Jul 2015 : 22:40:03
I will second lots. Basically, Cormanthor was home to multiple major elven civilization for more than ten thousand years. There was what we think of as Cormanthor/Myth Drannor, of course, but also Rystall Wood and Uvaeren. There were a number of cities, but also plenty of smaller towns an villages (as Fall of Myth Drannor notes in place names). Add to that the towers of lone (or small groups of) wizards, noble manors, military camps, and everything else you'd expect from somewhere inhabited for that long, and you can put pretty much whatever you want wherever you want and have a good rationale for it.
Snow Posted - 25 Jul 2015 : 22:00:48
Plus, the corresponding Underdark boundaries of the Cormanthor ... The Deep Wastes ... has some significant landmarks underneath this fabled forest. The grand Drow city of Maerimydra and the boundaries of the big bodies of Underdark water known as the Moondeep Sea and the Lake of Shadows. Plus, the Cormanthor has at least 4 prominent entry/exit points to the Underdark that probably tie-in to those prominent landmarks.

All this mentioned because it could tie-in to Shadowsoul's Cormanthorian ancient ruin search ....
Eilserus Posted - 25 Jul 2015 : 21:45:08
I would say lots. The Fall of Myth Drannor book from 2E days that documented the destruction of Myth Drannor has tons of places named in it. I think there was even a map that showed placement if I remember. Any one of them could be made into an adventure site.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000