Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Do we have rules on spoilers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silverwolfer Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 22:11:29
I just realized this, but I imagine they are going to release the books in hardback before they do it in paperback, and most folks buy books when they come to paperback.

Do we have any rules in place to enforce and encourage folks to use spoiler markings when the sundering books come out?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 02:57:44
Therise has covered the jist of it.

I'd only add that there are "generally accepted" time limits for when an applied SPOILER can be removed. Usually, the practice on Candlekeep is anywhere after twelve-months, especially when something is released in hardcover first. The twelve-month SPOILER limit then allows the release of the trade-paperback edition of the work, like a novel, and still provides those scribes who wait for this version, the benefit of not having to worry about happening across SPOILERS for just released hardcover products.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 00:45:42
What she said. Thank you for that answer, Therise!
Therise Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 22:56:09
The Candlekeep Code of Conduct has a request to put spoiler markings (i.e. "SPOLIER" in the post title) and spoiler white-space in any posts that discuss novels. But I wouldn't exactly call it a "rule" necessarily.

Generally, I put spoilery information into spoiler tags (i.e., surround text with [spioler] and [/spioler], where the word is spelled correctly), which is better than white space. It's too easy to accidentally scroll down and see something you don't want to see, or your browser may have different settings such that white space isn't sufficient.

There's also going to be a lot - this time around - that isn't just going to be limited to novels. So, personally, I'd recommend spoiler tags and putting "SPOILER" in the post title.

But no, it's not exactly a rule. It's more of a request to be courteous to other posters, really.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000