Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 mithral

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aravine Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 17:58:35
Can you have mithral leather armor?
This would not normally pertain to the Reals except I am setting up a character for a PBEM campain and would like to make sure to have as little armor incurring my spellcasting as possible.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 18 Oct 2007 : 19:01:52
as someone else mentioned, there is twilight as a property which could be added to the armor as a +1 bonus (this gives an additional 10% off). Also, from the DMGII, there's the feycraft property if you could get fey to craft your mithril armor (this gives an additional 5% off). Feycraft can also be useful if you plan on have a mithril heavy shield. Also, as a sidenote, there is a spell which doubles the arcane spell failure of armor for use against enemy's who employ these types of options.
Penknight Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 17:54:29
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Check out Nightscale or Spidersilk armor from Underdark.

I just looked in my copy of Underdark for Nightscale, but was unable to locate it. Could someone list the page number, please?
Xysma Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 16:56:45
Check out Nightscale or Spidersilk armor from Underdark.
Hawkins Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 16:41:39
Lol. Thanks for the correction. It is difficult to remember everything from every book while I am at work and do not have easy access to my books.
Haman Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 16:28:08
Twilight Armor is in PHB II I think....
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 15:20:03
You may want to look at the twilight armor property. Sorry, but at this ungodly hour of the morning, I can't remember which book it is in. Either that, or just some plain old bracers of armor.

~Kes
Aravine Posted - 17 Oct 2007 : 14:25:54
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

As the DM of said email game, I'm going to go with most of the posters and say no mithril in leather. :)

fair enough
Kuje Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:19:03
As the DM of said email game, I'm going to go with most of the posters and say no mithril in leather. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:14:57
Mithral is metal. Leather is animal skin.
Aewrik Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:13:53
Of course you can have mithril in a leather armor!
The problem is, there would not be enough mithril in the armor to make any real difference in weight or protection.
For flavor, it's absolutely possible. A studded leather armor with mithral studs would be cooler than The +125 Studded Leather Armor of Death and Most Certain Doom with iron studs. Almost, at least.
Hawkins Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:13:17
I think it is also mentioned in Player's Handbook II. Yet another thing 3e core stole from 3e Realms.
Aravine Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:08:25
quote:
[i](I don't remember which book that is in though). A glass steel chain shirt would work I would think.

thats races of faerun
Aravine Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:07:14
nuts. i thought it was kind of weird but... well i just will wear chain shirt. it's only 10% after all
Hawkins Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:06:28
I do not believe that you can have mithril leather armor. Mithril is a special material for metal armor and weapons. You should look into glass steel (I don't remember which book that is in though). A glass steel chain shirt would work I would think.
sirreus Posted - 16 Oct 2007 : 18:04:45
no. the rules state it must be mostly metal armor.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000