Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sorceror Princes of Athalantar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artalis Posted - 22 May 2003 : 22:47:19
I need all the information anyone can find on the Sorceror Princes of Athalantar. I know that some information might be available in Ed Greenwoods novel series on Elminster. Elminster: Making of a Mage and so on. However I don't have the books and it took me about 2 months to finish reading Evermeet, with my schedule.

So I was hoping to avail myself of my fine scribe friends' talents.

What do you say folks, can you help out an old, tired scribe?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 01:53:19
Great Reader Ayrik,

Hot damn, it worked beautifully! Thank you kindly good sir!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

@cpthero2 - You can try searching the Wayback Machine and/or other internet archive sites.

Quite a lot of immensely popular (A)D&D content has fallen offline, especially pre-4E (pre-2008) stuff which is now "incompatible", replaced by WotC's published canon or simply abandoned by disenfranchised (A)D&D fans. There are still some private forums which maintain their own wikis/lore/campaigns, although membership of new contributors tends to be restricted and selective - (A)D&D grognards now come in many flavours, each of which stubbornly prefers to interact primarily with their own kind.

cpthero2 Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 01:51:40
Great Reader Ayrik,

Thank you for letting me know about that. I have quite a few sites marked (my god......a lot now that I am looking), but there can never be enough Realmslore out there.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

@cpthero2 - You can try searching the Wayback Machine and/or other internet archive sites.

Quite a lot of immensely popular (A)D&D content has fallen offline, especially pre-4E (pre-2008) stuff which is now "incompatible", replaced by WotC's published canon or simply abandoned by disenfranchised (A)D&D fans. There are still some private forums which maintain their own wikis/lore/campaigns, although membership of new contributors tends to be restricted and selective - (A)D&D grognards now come in many flavours, each of which stubbornly prefers to interact primarily with their own kind.

Ayrik Posted - 25 Sep 2018 : 22:55:11

cpthero2 Posted - 25 Sep 2018 : 22:38:38
Master Sage,

Is there by chance an updated URL to that site you linked to? It appears to now be defunct.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Artalis, I may be able to assist you with this.

Try this site

It details a lot about Elminster and the Realm of Athalantar. It may be just what you are looking for.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Faraer Posted - 25 May 2003 : 02:51:18
And Athalantan gold crowns are still circulated in the modern Realms, as seen in Hand of Fire.
George Krashos Posted - 24 May 2003 : 18:15:16
And as a very obscure sidelight, if you read up on the Runemasters of the Twisted Rune in Empires of the Shining Sea, you'll note that one of them (Rhangaun?) was a mage assassin for hire way back then, and killed one of the Princes of Athalantar. Interesting ...

-- George Krashos
Artalis Posted - 23 May 2003 : 20:18:40
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Try this site

It details a lot about Elminster and the Realm of Athalantar. It may be just what you are looking for.

Good learning...

Thanks Sage that info is key!
Faraer Posted - 23 May 2003 : 15:24:22
Just one article -- "The Athalantan Campaign" in #228.
Lord Rad Posted - 23 May 2003 : 08:27:09
I believe Ed Greenwood did two or three features in Dragon Magazine on Athalantar lore. No idea what issue numbers they are though, sorry and I dont have my Dragon index to hand at the moment.
The Sage Posted - 23 May 2003 : 07:08:14

Try this site

Good learning...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000