Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dragon Age Origins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dantrag Posted - 21 Oct 2009 : 19:36:08
Anyone given any thought to this game that is releasing a little later this year? I here it is a Wizards influenced project and should get a pretty good look. This is the only game coming out that interests me, aside from D&D Online(which i heard was horrible), and i would just like to hear any thoughts on it and if any of you are looking forward to it.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 21 Jun 2010 : 16:03:14
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

400pts, or $5. It lasts about an hour.

Fair deal (given the market).
Uzzy Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 22:04:47
400pts, or $5. It lasts about an hour.
Alisttair Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 17:36:15
quote:

Didn't miss much. The Darkspawn Chronicles is a pure hack and slash DLC where you take control of a Hurlock Commander and fight the ending battle from the Darkspawn's PoV (without the intervention of the Warden). No plot, no dialogue or anything worth buying.

How much does it cost and how much playtime is involved (i know the other DLC I got were about 1 hour, maybe 2)
Uzzy Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 17:25:48
Didn't miss much. The Darkspawn Chronicles is a pure hack and slash DLC where you take control of a Hurlock Commander and fight the ending battle from the Darkspawn's PoV (without the intervention of the Warden). No plot, no dialogue or anything worth buying.
Alisttair Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 12:28:31
quote:

I imagine it'll be like The Darkspawn Chronicles, and launch separately to the main game.

Is that another DLC that I missed??? Gotta bring my PS3 to my parent's place with the high speed internet so I can make some purchases lol
Uzzy Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 00:14:11
I imagine it'll be like The Darkspawn Chronicles, and launch separately to the main game.
R0GUE Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 16:36:32
quote:

Good news regarding Dragon Age. There's some new DLC coming out, called Leliana's Song.

quote:
Assume the role of Leliana, a young bard involved in a criminal ring that deals in political secrets. Accompanying her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission, Leliana soon finds herself entangled in a game of intrigue that she cannot escape with just her beauty, charm, or stealth. The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed.

YES YES YES!
Alisttair Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 15:34:19
quote:

Good news regarding Dragon Age. There's some new DLC coming out, called Leliana's Song.

quote:
Assume the role of Leliana, a young bard involved in a criminal ring that deals in political secrets. Accompanying her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission, Leliana soon finds herself entangled in a game of intrigue that she cannot escape with just her beauty, charm, or stealth. The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed.

Do you know if this ties in to the main game or if it is something you can do separately (as in just start a new game from this and play that only?)?
Uzzy Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 15:13:53

quote:
Alisttair Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 13:42:12
Heh, it's been a few months and yesterday I got the itch and got back into the game with my Elf Wizard character....quite fun to play a wizard as the main character for a change.
R0GUE Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 06:04:49
I echo the sentiments that this was an excellent game. It really was a spiritual successor to BG.
Alisttair Posted - 19 Apr 2010 : 13:38:10
I can't wait for 2011 when Dragon Age 2 comes out.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 16 Apr 2010 : 23:28:58
The best game I've ever played in my life!!! I own Dragon Age Origins and the new expansion pack Dragon Age Awakenings! The most realistic RPG video game I've ever played.
Alisttair Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 17:26:15
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Nope, there are 60 "missions" (side-quests) on the Plains. I did about 15 of them. Also, those (and one character side-quest - Vanille's) are the ONLY things in the game that aren't related to the main railroad-*ahem* story.

I don't want it to sound like I didn't like the game. I adored it. The graphics are the greatest that I've ever seen and the combat system is terrific. BUT, it's less an RPG and more of a movie with interactive scenes.

Hmmm, maybe it'll be a game my girlfriend will enjoy watching me play then.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 17:15:20
Nope, there are 60 "missions" (side-quests) on the Plains. I did about 15 of them. Also, those (and one character side-quest - Vanille's) are the ONLY things in the game that aren't related to the main railroad-*ahem* story.

I don't want it to sound like I didn't like the game. I adored it. The graphics are the greatest that I've ever seen and the combat system is terrific. BUT, it's less an RPG and more of a movie with interactive scenes.
Alisttair Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 17:06:14
quote:

Sorry, typo. I meant FFXIII. ;)

Ah as I thought. 55 hours....is that doing everything in the game?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 16:50:56
Sorry, typo. I meant FFXIII. ;)
Alisttair Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 15:40:17
quote:

FFXII took me over 55 hours to complete...

Are you referring to 12?? (darnit that reminds me I still have to finish FF10, FF10-2 and FF12)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 15:32:14
FFXII took me over 55 hours to complete. The only complaint I had was that it was a railroad. One hint/suggestion: When you get to the plains, stay on the plains until you've maxed out stuff (or at least feel powerful).
Alisttair Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 15:24:07
I will answer my own question since I've finished it.

Dragon Age: Origins - Total Completion (Human Noble story arc) - 75 hours (includes 1 hour/downloaded content)
Dragon Age: Awakening - Origins save loaded, one of many paths completed (all possible side quests done) - 22 hours

So the second one isn't as long, but from the ending you can definately tell there are multiple paths you can take with multiple endings possible. The first one is more epic in scope but you can tell there will be a follow up (there just has to be).

So I re-started with an evil elf wizard, but the wife to be just bought be Final Fantasy 13 so I might be tied up in that game for a while.
Alisttair Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 11:50:24
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Finished it the other day and am playing Awakening. It's going to take me more time than Kuje I think becaues
1 - I do ALL the side quests
2 - I can't devote more than 2-3 hours per day, and not every day

Eh, I did all but two of the side quests in Awakening. :) Just seemed like a very short game to me.

How many hours of gameplay then? How many hours do you have on the first one also? (doing everything in the first one 100% for one play through that is so not including trying all the background stories, 75 hours - which can be short compared to one of my friends playing 200+ hours to do everything in Oblivion, which is all repetitive IMO)
Kuje Posted - 23 Mar 2010 : 23:42:48
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Finished it the other day and am playing Awakening. It's going to take me more time than Kuje I think becaues

Eh, I did all but two of the side quests in Awakening. :) Just seemed like a very short game to me.
Kuje Posted - 23 Mar 2010 : 23:40:40
quote:
Originally posted by cephet

Do you know if there's going to be any more expansions after Awakening?

There's supposed to be something related to the game coming out next year. It might be another expansion or it might be something else, not really sure what it is yet.
Alisttair Posted - 22 Mar 2010 : 15:45:19
cephet Posted - 22 Mar 2010 : 12:43:09
quote:

Plus, there was really no reason to raise the rep with the characters because you can't romance any of them, at least not if you are playing a female character.

Yeah sadly they left out romances completely. A bad move I think.

quote:

All in all, I was a bit disappointed.

I haven't played the expansion yet, but from what I've heard the development of it was rushed. I'll probably buy it regardless.

Do you know if there's going to be any more expansions after Awakening?
Kuje Posted - 19 Mar 2010 : 19:18:43
I was a little disappointed in the expansion. It just seemed so short! I finished it with only about two days of playing. Some of the areas just seemed not as detailed as the first game, making them pretty easy to complete and explore. Plus, there was really no reason to raise the rep with the characters because you can't romance any of them, at least not if you are playing a female character. Not sure about if you are playing a male character.

All in all, I was a bit disappointed.
Alisttair Posted - 17 Mar 2010 : 10:22:43
Picked up Awakening yesterday. Should start it soon as I am starting the Final Onslaught.
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 16 Mar 2010 : 19:25:17
Bought it, gave it a few hours and didn't like it. Way too much talking, crappy camera and it bored me.
Alisttair Posted - 16 Mar 2010 : 10:37:09
quote:

Well, the expansion comes out tomorrow/today and there's talk on the net about another expansion, maybe, being released next year. Something about a flyer in the expansion with a date for something being released in 2011.

Gah! The Wife is gonna hate me for spending our money on that
Kuje Posted - 16 Mar 2010 : 10:03:15
Well, the expansion comes out tomorrow/today and there's talk on the net about another expansion, maybe, being released next year. Something about a flyer in the expansion with a date for something being released in 2011.

quote:
Originally posted by cephet

I got this game recently and it only took me a week to finish as a mage, and I wasn't even playing that much (2-3 hours a day). I did skip a lot of side quests though, and the game said i'd only completed 38% of its content by the end of the game. The lore is really good and I found the story line immensely captivating and I just had to reach the end of the game and discover what was going to happen. I'm replaying it now as a human noble warrior and doing more of the side quests.

My only disappointment with it is the disappointment I have with all Bioware games: once it ends, it ends. I was able to get almost 2 years constant enjoyment out of Bethesda's Oblivion because of the free roam and mods, even when the storyline didn't interest me much at all. The game never truly ended, you just got sick of it after a while.

The only problem now is that if I was ever given the chance to visit a fantasy world, I'd be torn between the Forgotten Realms and Dragon Age :P

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000