Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ability scores drained to 0

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aravine Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 15:31:55
It may be somewhere else on the site but,

What happens when individual ability scores are drained

Strength:Fall to the ground. Helpless
Dex:Paralyzed, Helpless
Con:Death. Cannot be raised
Wisdom:Unconscious
Intelligence:Unconscious
Charisma:Unconscious
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 16:56:32
Yes original topic in mind....a powerfull opponent is one who can do Ability Damage every round.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 16:54:33
And now, having inadvertently engineered a thread-jack (), I think I should point people back at the original topic.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 16:16:16
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM
Yes, sadly it does. All humor aside, I dislike Jack Chick because he gives Christians a bad name among gamers.

Indeed, I think it's safe to say that Chick doesn't represent mainstream Christians.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 16:07:06
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Suffice it to say, I don't like him. And he's got a lot of critics, including the Catholic Church itself.

Well, that's because he is quite vehemently anti-Catholic (he believes the Catholic Church is pagan, the anti-Christ, etc.). And yeah, I don't think I can say much more about it--his own tracts speak for themselves...
Hawkins Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 15:56:05
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

what the heck?

"Chick tracts", by Jack Chick (yes, they are called that). A simple internet search should tell you all you need to know...

He's famous among gamers for his "Dark Dungeons" tract, in which he more or less asserts, through the fictional "comic strip" style story, that D&D involves witchcraft, covens, the casting of real spells, and it all causes one of the characters to commit suicide. You can read this tract online.

Yes, sadly it does. All humor aside, I dislike Jack Chick because he gives Christians a bad name among gamers. However, the whole D&D is from the Devil and causes kids to commit suicide and murder thing was started by Patricia Pulling. My parents believed it. It was not until college that I began playing RPGs. Then I had to prove to my Christian campus that RPGs are not evil so I could keep playing them. Legalism is stupid. Sorry, rant started there.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 15:53:33
Indeed. RF has it right. I'd add a bit more, but I don't think I can say anything about Jack Chick without violating multiple rules of the CoC.

Suffice it to say, I don't like him. And he's got a lot of critics, including the Catholic Church itself.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 14:36:15
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

what the heck?

"Chick tracts", by Jack Chick (yes, they are called that). A simple internet search should tell you all you need to know...

He's famous among gamers for his "Dark Dungeons" tract, in which he more or less asserts, through the fictional "comic strip" style story, that D&D involves witchcraft, covens, the casting of real spells, and it all causes one of the characters to commit suicide. You can read this tract online.
Alisttair Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 04:35:12
what the heck?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:59:14
quote:

Thanks!

It was actually kinda tough to think up that one -- it's hard to pick something that will amuse everyone without offending someone. But since Jack Chick is known to most gamers by his anti-D&D BS, it made him a good choice.

You're welcome.

Most gamers (and a lot of non-gamers) that I've seen tend to think his other tracts are on the silly side, too (and that's putting it mildly).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:41:54
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

When Wisdom or Intelligence hit 0, the character starts believing anything Jack Chick tells them.

Ouch, that was wicked!

Thanks!

It was actually kinda tough to think up that one -- it's hard to pick something that will amuse everyone without offending someone. But since Jack Chick is known to most gamers by his anti-D&D BS, it made him a good choice.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:23:57
quote:

When Wisdom or Intelligence hit 0, the character starts believing anything Jack Chick tells them.

Ouch, that was wicked!
Aravine Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:14:35
I'll update it for the use of others.
Aravine Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:14:01
Found the info on an SRD
Aravine Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:12:36
And that is the one book I just can't seem to find....
Alisttair Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:11:17
I think the info is in the DMG????
Alisttair Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 16:10:07
IIRC STR and DEX of 0 makes a character immobile or paralyzed (effectively becoming a vegetable)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 15:49:20

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000