Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Disturbedone Greeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Disturbedone0777
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  23:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Disturbedone0777's Homepage Send Disturbedone0777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello to all fellow seers of Toril. I am a new member that found this site via a Google search. I have had an intrest in the Forgotten Realms setting since I had heard about the setting. As a matter of fact I am preparing to go to a session at a friends house where I will be judging my newly written campaign. Exciting time for any DM.

Somethings about me that are good to know. I am a forum lurker and will more then likely, based on activity of the forum, spend a good amount of time here. I have played roleplaying games for a long time now but Im sure that most here will have me beat. I am not a new person to the games but am still attempting to learn everything I can about the setting. Feel free to email me at Disturbedone0777@gmail.com

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  00:30:20  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there welcome

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  00:55:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  07:09:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome to keep Disturbedone. Let us hope your stay here will be pleasant and informative.

Perhaps you'd care to click the link to the Candlekeep frappr-map in my signature and show us where you live?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  07:52:32  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A warm well-met!

Our Lady of the Forest blesses thy pass!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Disturbedone0777

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye found the gates to our humble library of learning. I hope ye enjoy thy stay and learn much knowledge and Realmslore herin

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  16:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Disturbedone . . . look forward to seeing you around the keep.
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  05:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome. You'll find that the Sages of the Realms that lie herin are just as friendly as they are knowledgeable.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000