Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Eye Color of Princes of Shade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  17:01:40  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am away from my ordinary resources and cannot look this up. I need some help with a research question. Specifically, I recall from my reading of RotAW that the various Princes of Shade have unique, gem-colored (I thought) eyes.

Can anyone provide those eye-colors for me, with a page reference in the appropriate Archwizards novels? For any of the Princes and Telamont.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  17:11:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Checking, will edit once found. :)

Page 3 of book 2 says gem colored eyes. Looking for specifics. :)

Page 75 of book 2 says "pairs of glowing eyes, usually gem-colored, but sometimes the metallic of a royal prince." Which leads me to believe all the shades have gem-colored eyes but the princes are metallic. :)

Escanor's are copper-glowing, page 6 of book 2. Then on page 7 they brightened to a fiery red.

Rapha's are ruby, page 19 book 2. They flare to white-orange on page 21, book 2.

Aglarel's are glowing silver, page 30 book 2. Page 129 book 2 also says silver-eyed.

Brennus's are steel, page 54 and 55 book 2. Earlier on page 54 it says molten. Clariburnus is also in those pages but it doesn't mention his eyes except for the molten part on page 54. Brennus's are also on page 100 and it says orange tinge of his iron-colored eyes.

Clariburnus are further clarified on page 177 book 2. Lead-colored.

Telamont's are platinum, page 72 and 77 book 2.

Hadrhune's are amber, page 93 book 2.

Lamorak's are rusty iron, page 177 book 2.

Rivalen's are golden, page 247 book 2 and a few pages after that they are also mentioned.

Pant, pant. I think that's all you needed then?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 21 Feb 2006 18:27:49
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:04:14  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kuje,

This is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much. Rivalen's color is the only other one I need (other than those you've already provided).

Edited by - PaulSKemp on 21 Feb 2006 18:04:47
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:06:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

How Kuje managed to locate this information within ten minutes is beyond me. Good work!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:11:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

Kuje,

This is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much. Rivalen's color is the only other one I need (other than those you've already provided).

Okies, checking for his. I haven't seen him much yet. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Siege, p. 247:

quote:
Even had Galaeron not glimpsed the man's golden eyes and ceremonial fangs, he would have recognized Prince Rivalen by his immense shoulders and narrow waist

p. 252:

quote:
Galaeron glanced over at Rivalen and found the prince's golden eyes locked on his face.

p. 338:

quote:
Rivalen's golden eyes appeared in the air above the writhing vertebrae of the neck.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:31:02  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bravo! Thank you, Kuje. If ever we're at the same convention at the same time, a beverage of your choice is on me.

Thank you to you, too, Winterfox.

Back to scrivening for me....
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  18:33:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

Bravo! Thank you, Kuje. If ever we're at the same convention at the same time, a beverage of your choice is on me.

Thank you to you, too, Winterfox.

Back to scrivening for me....

Cool beans Paul. :) I hope to get to Gencon this year, so maybe then!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000