Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New look for the WOTC site
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  18:09:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What does everyone think of the new look for the FR section and other areas of the WOTC site?

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  19:52:18  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow I am impressed! And thats saying a lot since I've done web design myself this is a great improvement for them

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  20:02:48  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks a little cluttered, but it is nice to look at. I guess this is a website overhaul for the 30th anniversary of D&D.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  21:10:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

It looks a little cluttered, but it is nice to look at.

That's what I initially thought. It's too cluttered to discern some details, but it sure does look purty.

quote:

I guess this is a website overhaul for the 30th anniversary of D&D.

Is that the story they are going with as to the reason for the new look?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  22:48:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh, it doesn't look too bad, but I never look at that page. I always check the most recent updates page, and go from there. That way, I can get the new Realms stuff and anything else neat, new, and exciting that they decided to throw at us.

I'll hold off on being impressed until they fix the search engine. It's easier to navigate one of the Lady of Pain's mazes than it is to find anything with the Wizards search engine.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  23:24:03  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda like the new look for the page. It's full without being messy, and it's atractive without being gaudy. I don't noramly use the search engine, but a working one is always good.

May history live forever in the writings and stories of those who wish to tell them.

Please come and enjoy my website http://ferien.aribytes.org
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  23:44:58  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree about it looking cluttered, but still nice.

They've also put the 2005 releases back up in Products, so I can finally see Ancient Empires and Resurrection.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  02:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't look cluttered at all to me it looks very organized. Perhaps its because my screen resolution is 1280 x 1024

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 04 Aug 2004 02:12:41
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  02:35:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle
They've also put the 2005 releases back up in Products, so I can finally see Ancient Empires and Resurrection.

Thanks for the update. Get it while it lasts folks before it goes down again.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  06:13:06  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A very nice site! Just when I was thinking about deleting it from my "favourites", it comes up with something like this! Great job by WotC...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  09:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quite impressive! I like it Much better organised...and about time too!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  12:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very compact, nice and neat.

I like it.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  13:29:44  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But no more Waterdeep weather from the looks of it ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  03:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad, bad, bad.

Non-scalable, contains Flash, image-heavy, looks like the MTG.com template, fails at validation...
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arivia, that's just another name for "progress". Lol. We can't expect to have that same ol' boring look, right?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  22:02:53  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Initially I thought I was at the wrong site.I like it.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  05:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Arivia, that's just another name for "progress". Lol. We can't expect to have that same ol' boring look, right?

Complaints 1,2,3 and 5 have nothing to do with the look.
Regarding 4, I just wish they'd have been a bit more original.

Edited by - Arivia on 11 Aug 2004 11:05:01
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  08:50:09  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Overall, I like the new look. However, I find it a little "stuffy", and I am hoping that everything is still at the same place.. (I'll be checking out my browser's bookmarks shortly...)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  10:13:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Just noticed that the latest Realmslore article is available for download as a PDF! Saves me messing around with the printer friendly link and saving the HTML page as I did previously.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  15:48:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Excellent! Just noticed that the latest Realmslore article is available for download as a PDF! Saves me messing around with the printer friendly link and saving the HTML page as I did previously.

Hmm, I failed to notice that... I always just copy everything over to a Word document.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  17:00:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Hmm, I failed to notice that... I always just copy everything over to a Word document.

You're not the only one. Then again, I never pay much attention to such features. For example, I don't use the WOTC email this article function, but simply send the link to my players via my computer's toolbar if I find an article interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  17:24:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

You're not the only one. Then again, I never pay much attention to such features. For example, I don't use the WOTC email this article function, but simply send the link to my players via my computer's toolbar if I find an article interesting.

I never even knew they had that function! I just e-mailed the link, too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000