Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Complete Divine Information
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  03:51:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Someone at the following thread on ENWorld http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85370 posted this information from the RPGA regarding the upcoming Complete Divine product.

Here are the prestige classes in Complete Divine:

Church Inquisitor
Consecrated Harrier
Contemplative
Divine Crusader
Divine Oracle
Geomancer
Holy Liberator
Hospitaler
Pious Templar
Radiant Servant of Pelor
Rainbow Servant
Sacred Excorcist
Sacred Fist
Seeker of the Misty Isle
Shining Blade of Heironous
Temple Raider of Olidammara
Void Disciple
War Priest
Black Flame Zealot
Entropomancer
Blighter
Evangelist
Ur-Priest

Here are the Feats in Complete Divine:

Arcane Disciple
Augment Healing
Boars Ferocity
Cheetahs Speed
Consecrate Spell
Disciple of the Sun
Divine Metamagic
Divine Spellpower
Domain Focus
Domain Spontaneity
Eagles Wings
Elemental Healing
Elemental Spiting
Elephants Hide
Empower Turning
Extra Wild Shape
Fast Wild Shape
Glorious Weapons
Gzillys Claws
Improved Smiting
Lions Pounce
Oaken Resillence
Practiced Spellcaster
Profane Boost
Quickened Turning
Rapid Spell
Reach Spell
Sacred Boost
Sacred Healing
Serpents Venom
Spell Focus (chaos, evil, good, law)
Spontaneous Healer
Spontaneous Summoner
Spontaneous Wounder
Swim Like a Fish
Transdimensional Spell
True Believer
Wolverines Rage
Sanctify Relic
Corrupt Spell
Pious Defense
Pious Soul
Pious Spellsurge

Here are the spells in Complete Divine:

Anger of the Noonday Sun
Awaken, Mass
Bane Bow
Beast Claws
Beget Bogun
Bestow Curse, Greater
Binding Winds
Blast of Force
Blessed Aim
Blessing of Bahamut
Body of the Sun
Bolt of Glory
Bolts of Bedevilment
Bottle of Smoke
Brain Spider
Brambles
Briar Web
Brilliant Aura
Camouflage
Camouflage, Mass
Castigate
Chain of Eyes
Cloudburst
Cloudwalkers
Cometfall
Contagious Touch
Creeping Cold
Creeping Cold, Greater
Crown of Glory
Crumble
Curse of Ill Fortune
Curse of Lycanthropy
Dance of the Unicorn
Death Pact
Decomposition
Deific Vengeance
Detect Favored Enemy
Divine Agility
Divine Sacrifice
Doomtide
Dragon Breath
Dream Sight
Energy Vortex
Enveloping Cocoon
Fire Wings
Fires of Purity
Flame of Faith
Forestfold
Golden Barding
Hawkeye
Implacable Pursuer
Improved Blink
Infestation of Maggots
Langour
Last Breath
Maddening Scream
Maelstrom
Mark of the Hunter
Miasma
Monstrous Thrall
Murderous Mist
Nature's Favor
Naturewatch
Nimbus of Light
Obedient Avalanche
Omen of Peril
Otyugh Swarm
Pavilion of Grandeur
Phantasmal Decoy
Phantasmal Disorientation
Phantom Bear
Phantom Stag
Phantom Wolf
Plague of Rats
Poison Thorns
Poison Vines
Probe Thoughts
Quill Blast
Recitation
Regenerate Circle
Regenerate Critical Wounds
Regenerate Light Wounds
Regenerate Ring
Regenerate Serious Wounds
Rejuvenation Cocoon
Renewal Pact
Resurgence
Resurgence, Mass
Revenance
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
Sacred Haven
Sandblast
Scent
Scourge
Shadow Landscape
Slime Wave
Spell Resistance, Mass
Spikes
Spiritual Chariot
Stalwart Pact
Standing Wave
Storm of Elemental Fury
Storm Tower
Stormrage
Subvert Planar Essence
Telepathic Bond, Lesser
Tidal Surge
Tortoise Shell
Touch of Madness
Traveler's Mount
True Creation
True Domination
Unbinding
Unyielding Roots
Visage of the Deity
Visage of the Deity, Greater
Visage of the Deity, Lesser
Waterspout
Wave of Grief
Weapon of the Deity
Weather Eye
Whirlwind, Greater
Winged Mount
Wood Wose
Wrack
Zeal
Zealot Pact

The new Core Classes are:

Favored Soul
Shugenja
Spirit Shaman

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  04:11:35  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, the PrC that caught my eye was the Black Flame Zealot. Any more information on that, Sirius?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  04:43:46  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmn . . . interesting, although looking over some of the PrCs I can't help but think that some of them sound a little redundant. I think we may be seeing the 'Well of Prestige Classes' starting to run dry.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  05:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never! Ever will WotC continue to spray out useless material! It's only a matter of time before the PrC's become so useless that it has no connection to the Realms whatsoever.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  05:33:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Hmmmn . . . interesting, although looking over some of the PrCs I can't help but think that some of them sound a little redundant. I think we may be seeing the 'Well of Prestige Classes' starting to run dry.

Without even looking at them, which gives away my interest in the product, I'm sure one or more of them came from a previously published items in 3.0 edition and now have simply been reworked to 3.5 edition.

Run out of Prestige Classes? I think you just spoke blasphemy to all the munch and crunchers out there Lady Kazandra.

Rest assured, if such a tragedy ever did occur for WOTC, I'm sure we'd see fourth edition come out in a matter of months.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  05:38:27  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Rest assured, if such a tragedy ever did occur for WOTC, I'm sure we'd see fourth edition come out in a matter of months.

Speak not such foul words, Sirius! I'm still recovering from the April Fools joke...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  06:30:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It will never run dry... Look how many kits were cranked out during 2nd edition...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  07:12:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least they're making simpler ones, with just three or five levels. I rather like those, for some reason. Maybe they just take up less room.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  07:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, thats one way of looking at it, I suppose.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  07:45:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you recall, I was more than a bit irritated at how, in The Complete Warrior, the writers kept repeating information. Such as, in their examples, what "Elf Traits" are (just say "see the PHB for details! Don't keep repeating and wasting space!), what the class features did (you just said that!), etc, etc, sic ad nauseum.

I doubt they're changing it for The Complete Divine.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is rather sad...

However, I doubt I'll even be purchasing this tome, as my friend probably will, and he often leaves most of his D&D materials at my house...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:18:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here, though my reason is because I don't think I'll be playing any divine classes any time soon. Unless, of course, Amazon offers another 60% off deal.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:21:35  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I normally get all my D&D sourcebooks from Barnes and Nobles. Suprisingly, unlike other B&N stores, they get almost every sourcebook on time, and in excellent condition. It took me quite a bit longer to acquire Van Richten's Guide to the Shadowfey, which I yelled at the store manager long and hard about...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:26:47  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be picking it up when it comes out. We have a good local gaming shop that has been around for 15+ years. She gets in all new releases on the Friday following release. I pay full retail there, but consider it worth the expense. I'm happy to do my part in keeping this shop open.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:27:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've found some previews from the upcoming Complete Divine sourcebook.

There are two, the first of which is a look at the Pious Templar class, while the second preview is a number of feats from Above.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:29:33  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmn . . .

There seems to be a problem with those links, please use this one, and scroll down to the previews for Complete Divine.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the "sneak-peeks," Lady Kazandra. This just further confirms what I just said, and I still don't think I'll buy the sourcebook. I'm just not a very pious person...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun

Edited by - Shadowlord on 19 Apr 2004 08:31:48
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:33:21  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I'll have that concern, unless of course the Sage doesn't buy a copy. Although, I believe most of the WotC products scheduled for release this year are on his pre-orders list, so I don't have to worry .

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Hmm, the PrC that caught my eye was the Black Flame Zealot. Any more information on that, Sirius?

Yep weve been robbed again

Red Wizards
Thayan Knights
Purple Dragon Knights
Dracolichs
and now Black Flame Zealot

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 19 Apr 2004 08:37:37
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, of course...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  08:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pious Templar

Has . . . potential. But needs work. Not sure I like the "mettle" ability -- I mean, both Fortitude and Will saves? Sure, there are a lot more Reflex saves made for partial effects than not, but it still seems excessive.

Arcane Diciple

Surprisingly balanced. I might have to consider this feat if I ever make another wizard character with a high wisdom score.

Eagle's Wings

Almost pointless. Sure, you remain humanoid, and so can do things only possible in humanoid form, but I think most players with druid characters won't be considering this one.

Glorious Weapons

Well . . . maybe. I doubt it, though.

Reach Spell

Deja vu, anyone?

To be fair, as I was trying to be when reviewing The Complete Warrior, people coming in after the switch to 3.5e won't have the old lists of feats, not unless they pick up a copy of what would be "outdated" material. Still, it's hardly the sort of thing to put in a preview.

True Believer

This one's okay, even though I have the feeling that it was only made as a prerequisite for the Pious Templar.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  09:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Complete Divine will soon be released next month, does anyone have any information on which class book is next?. I'd heard it was Complete Arcane, but I don't completely trust the source I received this information from.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  09:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess there's enough for a Complete Rogue . . . . But other than that, what else could there be?

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  09:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if theres a Divine Discple feat that lets Clerics cast the spells in a Domain as general spells?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  10:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I guess there's enough for a Complete Rogue . . . . But other than that, what else could there be?

You could be right, although I think it is to be titled Complete Stealth, handling the shadier side of such classes as the Rogue, Ranger and Bard.

Edited by - Lady Kazandra on 19 Apr 2004 10:06:07
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  10:06:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe there may be one in 3e. However, if you look at the feat list, you'll see "Domain Spontineity." That sounds like a feat that allows a cleric to convert a normal spell into a domain spell, like it were a cure or inflict.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  14:43:16  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

You could be right, although I think it is to be titled Complete Stealth, handling the shadier side of such classes as the Rogue, Ranger and Bard.

If I recall, didn't they already make a product along those lines titled Song and Silence?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  16:14:19  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed . . .

But could not the same also be said of both Complete Warrior and Complete Divine, and their associate splatbooks, Sword and Fist and Defenders of the Faith?.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  16:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that is true...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  23:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder what reason I have to buy the rest of this series except to cut down on the number of books in my bag...
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  04:34:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thing will there be a Feat that allows a Cleric to have a Familar (After all if where giving Wizards Domain spells...)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page