Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Complete Divine Information
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  05:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There isn't one here. You're right about the balance bit, of course. I've considered something along those lines for some time; however, the way they balanced giving domain spells to wizards suggests that there should be some similar limitations with this idea.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  09:05:37  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Another thing will there be a Feat that allows a Cleric to have a Familar (After all if where giving Wizards Domain spells...)

Why not? The Mystic Wanderer prestige class from Magic of Faerun already gives familiars to divine spell casters.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  09:21:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not new; the Adept gets one as well. What we were discussing was the giving of a familiar to a cleric (primarily, anyway) as if it were a class feature. The problem is, of course, balancing it out.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  01:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Hmmmn . . . interesting, although looking over some of the PrCs I can't help but think that some of them sound a little redundant. I think we may be seeing the 'Well of Prestige Classes' starting to run dry.

They're updated ones, I hope, from the Defenders of the Faith supplement book.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  01:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll probably end up getting it as I play alot of divine characters. All but one is some sort of divine-based spellcaster! And some of those spells/feats/prestige classes bear looking into for various characters.....

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2004 :  06:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm always fascinated by the wide variety of Divinely-based PCs. I would like to hear about these characters Darth, if you're willing to tell us a little about each of them. Please take the time to post some details in the Adventuring section of Candlekeep, as they might come in handy as useful role-playing aids.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Alaundo on 29 Apr 2004 11:34:34
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  10:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've posted my epic character in the "FR Character" threads. I'll have to come back and post the paladin. The other two "divine" PCs I play aren't FR-related.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  14:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks very good Darth, thank you .

I'll reserve my comments for the 'FR Characters' thread.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000