Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What do you hope gets a detailed treatment?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  01:46:29  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay I'm a little 'meh' from the recent trolling and also the threads with irritability or "my idea's better" stuff.

So with that in mind, and forgetting about which way they'll go, what area, region, city, or thing do you hope will get a detailed lore treatment... and why?

Any edition, but please try not to make it about the edition but rather talk about why that area or thing intrigues you.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Edited by - Therise on 27 Jan 2012 01:47:33

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  02:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halruaa! Cos it got blown off the face of the map with nary an explanation.

Also I'd like a more detailed explanation and lore on the nimbral isles and evermeet post 4e. And also Lamruil's mythal city, somewhere out there.

Edited by - Aes Tryl on 27 Jan 2012 02:01:34
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  02:05:03  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Easily replied to. This would be 4th Edition

I hope they take the areas not covered in the NWCS, such as Highcliff Castle, Port Llast, Aman Jerro's Haven, Old Owl Well, and a larger area of the Neverwinter Wood, and give it the same treatment that the original book gave the city of Neverwinter itself.

The reason? The Sword Coast is relatively untouched by the events of 2008 - if any area should be concentrated on, it is this one.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  02:17:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll start with my favourite region, as always... being the Border Kingdoms.

I know that, traditionally, the Border Kingdoms, perhaps more so than any other part of the established Realms, are designed to be easily customised for particular and/or individual home Realms campaigns -- complete with swiftly shifting borders and ever-changing rulers. So there's plenty of room for changes and/or the addition of new details for your game. And that it would make it difficult to provide actual lore treatment in any edition, but Ed has a certain way of presenting customisable lore that still makes it seem like you're reading definitive and updated source material. The original "Border Kingdoms" articles in POLYHEDRON are proof enough of that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  02:46:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be all for regional books, but set-up a bit different then before. Put Waterdeep in a Swordcoast sourcebook. I'd like to see The North split between Silver Marches and 'The Lower Vales' (I really want some detailed info on the High Forest - we never got much).

Maybe a Cormyr/Sembia/Dalelands/Cormanthor book instead of a Cormyr one?

As for ones never done - I would have loved a 3e treatment of the lands of Intrigue, and instead of 'Lost Empires', we should have a more focused work like the original 'Old Empires'. Some of the Lost Empires stuff would be appropriate in the new book, but the stuff thats from 'elsewhere' should be put in the regional books pertaining to those areas (like Cormanthyr in the other book I mentioned above, and the High Forest material in the 'Lower Vales' (southern portion of 'the North') tome. Keep the splats regional, not by 'type'.

Put the Imaskari info in an Endlesss Wastes sourcebook (along with Raumathar, and some of the others from there. Definitely 'lost' Tsharoon (in the Quoya).

I would like to see a separate book on The Shaar, and bring back Shaareach.

A Netherese Wastes sourcebook, which would include the Goblin Marches and the Tunlands (yes, I'm talking about taking that stuf fout of a Cormyr source). Put the Darkhold stuff in that, and give the whole thing more of a Sandstorm feel.

A new Demonlands sourcebook, which would include the old Bloodstone info, with new information, especially on Narfell.

A more complete Moonsea book - the last one was okay, but now that rules are being separated from lore (I get giddy when I say that), we can get a LOT more info - include the Great Glacier and some of those other less-known lands (The Ride, Thar, The Great Mount, etc).

Both a Zakhara and a Kara-Tur sourcebook. If the K-T source is successful, do a separate one for the Island Naitons (the japan clones and some others - theres enough there to work with). If that second tome is successful, then one on the lower K-T that we never had - The Jambu/Malatra/Mahasarpa)

A Xendrik-like treatment of Maztica. Use some of the returned Abeir material, and also gives Anchorome some love (it could be small section, and if its popular build off of it later). Stick what ever Chult lore we over there (leave Chult a mysterious, forest-covered Isle for DM use... unless they come up with something spectacular for it)

NO redundancy.

If the Shaar gets a separate treatment, then they can put the lands from Serpent Kingdoms (the arm of the Chultan peninsula) in that, rather then in a Sinister South (seriously, retire Shining South already) book.

A pirate-campaign book, detailing both the SoFS and the many islands (including all the ones from the L-List) of the Trackless Sea. Touch upon some of the southern ones as well, including the Corsair Islands north of Zakhara (shift them a bit more north, so they are inthe middle of that sea). Also include some info on pirates operating in the moonsea - Zhentil Keep is a pirate base in 4e, and they can give us some new lore about the People of the Black Sails. Put the Stormwrack stuff in here as well (or make that core, and then have the region book tell us where we can find that stuff).

Not sure what to do with Lantan and Nimbral - maybe combine them with a book on the Moonshaes (with some fey lore in that!).

A new Vilhon Reach book. Include Turmish and the lands along the southern Dragonmere, the Giants & Shining Plains, Lake Shalane and Impresk Lake (leave Erlkazar in the new Lands of Intrigue book maybe chnage the name of that too, like Lands of the Calishar, or Intrigues of the Shoon, or maybe Lands of the Shoon - I like that one).

Create separate sourcebooks for Elves, dwarves, and Goblinoids. I don't just want cultural details like the old racial books - I want details on ALL their kingdoms (current and past). Its high time we got a history of the orcs and Goblins in the realms - their lore is too spread out and disjointed. I don't think halflings and Gnomes should get their own - gnomes are fey (now), and Halfling stuff can be covered by Lurien (in the South book), and articles in the DDi.

I suppose Drow have to have a book - can't it be combined with the Underdark tome? Seriously? And if we get a 'reptile races' book, make it core, and then give us some DDi articles and where in the Realms we can find the stuff. SS was great, but how many of us actually used any of it? Core is the way to go with most of that (then make the 'Creators' core as well, and have them 'seed' all the worlds, so the canon applies to all settings).

I wouldn't mind seeing some monster fluff books as well -dragon and aberration ones.

And of course, last but not least, an Utter East sourcebook. I happen to know someone willing to work on that one.

Oh.. and BUY Nyambe off of the guy who created it, and import it wholesale. Its excellent - it just needs to be 'Realmsed-up' a bit. Just swap-out katashaka (it doesn't roll off the tongue) for Nyambe.

As for Osse, I don't know. Give it a wonderful wizard and some talking golems? Probably be better to leave that another open area for DM development. Present every region as a separate setting, and its pure win. Then FR truly becomes the meta-setting it always was anyway (since 2e, with all the tacked-on sub-settings). A setting composed of many settings - that is FR's future.

Keep the fluff and rule-splats separate, BUT give us some of the splat-stuff in the regional books (just mentions - no stats). I found it kinda sad that we had all those great creatures in 3e, and then no (canon) placement for most of them in the Realms. A lot of this can be done in DDi articles.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Jan 2012 04:41:44
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:14:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markus, put me down for one of each.

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:31:25  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my list:

Border Kingdoms, yes please!

I'd also like to see a really nicely detailed Amn, Baldur's Gate (and regions south), and Impiltur. And without a doubt, the region between Kara-Tur and the Eastern Realms, that place definitely needs some fleshing out.

As for a place, I want to see a well-functioning Orc Kingdom, whether it's south of BG, or Many Arrows, or in the East.

The reason why: I like kingdoms and Empires, and I want political intrigue!

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:44:55  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Moonshaes. They're still stuck somewhere between AD&D and 2E, badly in need of a service call.

Also - of course - Candlekeep and surrounding environs. Don't forget to mention that the area is seemingly infested with trolls of particular cunning (insofar as trolls go).

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:46:41  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah they should clear up that Chauntea/EarthMother issue once and for all.

Also we have WIZARD trolls down at Candlekeep, who woulda thunk? A wizard troll hehe.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:52:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know, one place that I always felt was a little under appreciated was Rasheman. I mean, I love the lore behind the area. The Wyches keep the reins of power over the Iron Lord (that was the title, yes?) yet the Old Ones are very important too in crafting magical items. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Russian-style backgrounds. Oh, and the society is fought for by Bear Warriors, which is cool IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:57:27  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

Here's my list:

I'm not sure if your aware of these articles, but I've found them to be pretty specific in nature when it came to the Border Kingdoms.

Also, +1 on more lore for Impiltur.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  04:39:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did some playing in Paint (gawd I miss my PS!), and made some changes to my plan.

I decided that the Shaar should stay in the new South book tentatively entitled Sinister south, and since I'm proposing losing The Golden waters region, we have room for the Border kingdoms and the Chultan arm.

Put the Golden Waters area in a new Utter East book - it will tie it in better to the Realms that way.

I decided to changes the 'Wastes' to 'Steppes', because I like the idea of 'Netherese Wastes' for a region, and don't want the title redundancy. With the Daggerdale and High Moor material, there should be plenty for the theoretical 'Southern Vales'.

Impiltur belongs in a new 'Heartlands' book. (For you, Krash)

The Swordcoast book is actually the smallest geographically, but considering how much Waterdeep lore there is, that should work out fine.

Obviously, some are very 'iffy' depending on sales (the K-T 'satellite' books, Nyambe, Darkest Jungle, etc).

And of course, presented in the style of the Volo's guides. Finally, we might get to see the entire Realms in one edition (but they better work fast... 6e is only a matter of time).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Jan 2012 04:43:21
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  04:40:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:

Here's my list:

I'm not sure if your aware of these articles, but I've found them to be pretty specific in nature when it came to the Border Kingdoms.
Aye.

They're largely built upon what was presented in the original POLYHEDRON articles I mentioned earlier, and the Border Kingdoms material included in Power of Faerûn.
quote:

With George Krashos as a contributing author, of course.

[Which is a reminder for me to finally finish that compilation of all Krash's "Impiltur" stuff from here, the Wizards' boards, and the REALMS-L.]

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  05:50:39  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll start with my favourite region, as always... being the Border Kingdoms.

I know that, traditionally, the Border Kingdoms, perhaps more so than any other part of the established Realms, are designed to be easily customised for particular and/or individual home Realms campaigns -- complete with swiftly shifting borders and ever-changing rulers. So there's plenty of room for changes and/or the addition of new details for your game. And that it would make it difficult to provide actual lore treatment in any edition, but Ed has a certain way of presenting customisable lore that still makes it seem like you're reading definitive and updated source material. The original "Border Kingdoms" articles in POLYHEDRON are proof enough of that.

Doesn't Ed still have a collection of unreleased Border Kingdoms e-articles? We need to get WotC to put those up... I want to complete my collection. Who knows... maybe this will happen if the timeline gets opened up... here's hoping.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  05:59:08  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aes Tryl

Also I'd like a more detailed explanation and lore on the nimbral isles and evermeet post 4e. And also Lamruil's mythal city, somewhere out there.

I'm on board with these as well, definitely. If there's a new mythal city out there, we'd like more lore about it, please. And Halruaa, well, I have an explanation for that... the whole current (post-Spellplague) condition of Halruaa is an illusion. One massive, collaborative-epic-magic illusion. Why? Well, to keep the Shades from invading until the Halruaans have had time to build up their own military arcane strength. Well, that's what they're using it for anyway; in reality, it was simply a huge manifestation of the Spellplague, not deliberate in any way at all. Just a thought...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Jan 2012 06:00:51
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:04:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Doesn't Ed still have a collection of unreleased Border Kingdoms e-articles? We need to get WotC to put those up... I want to complete my collection. Who knows... maybe this will happen if the timeline gets opened up... here's hoping.

As I recall, Ed has said that there were still several BK updates that had to be uploaded to the main site.

No idea on when, or even if, that will happen.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:07:56  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

<chop>

And of course, presented in the style of the Volo's guides. Finally, we might get to see the entire Realms in one edition (but they better work fast... 6e is only a matter of time).

I love it, Mark... especially the pirate book; Pirates of the Fallen Stars is still one of my top ten 1E/2E Realms titles (hey, there were a lot of them back then; I can't narrow it down more than that) and at the rate we're seeing new editions, I don't think they can work fast enough. Oh, and there's also that continent to the far southeast... which I still think needs a new name (sorry, Krash).

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Jan 2012 06:20:41
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:27:27  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do have those, they're terrific!

I'm hoping for a big update.

And Impiltur is one of my faves. That Dragon article by Krash was excellent. How fun would it be if they got him to do an expansion / update?

Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:39:18  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I do have those, they're terrific!

I'm hoping for a big update.

And Impiltur is one of my faves. That Dragon article by Krash was excellent. How fun would it be if they got him to do an expansion / update?

MOAR IMPILTUR! The Paladin Kingdom has always intrigued me especially since they have to deal with their corrupted former ruler and his demon consort (detailed in Champions of Ruins). I always wondered how that would pan out. Also a look at post-Dragonsbane Damara would be good. How did the fledgling kingdom survive after the passing of veritably all their epic heroes, with the possible exception of Emelyn the Grey (If the spellplague didn't mess him up funny) and maybe, just maybe, Grandmaster Kane

And as MT also pointed out, fleshing out narfell and perhaps bringing more of the Abyss into the realms would be an interesting play with Narfell being so near Damara and Impuliter.

Edited by - Aes Tryl on 27 Jan 2012 06:41:26
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  10:28:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aes Tryl

Agreed.

Also, I'd like my all-time favorite realms to get a detailed treatment: the newly reborn Netheril, Thay, High and Deep Imaskar, Aglarond, and Rashemen. Not a favorite, but sounds interesting: the Border Kingdoms.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  10:36:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ya know, one place that I always felt was a little under appreciated was Rasheman. I mean, I love the lore behind the area. The Wyches keep the reins of power over the Iron Lord (that was the title, yes?) yet the Old Ones are very important too in crafting magical items. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Russian-style backgrounds. Oh, and the society is fought for by Bear Warriors, which is cool IMO.

Hopefully, Richard's new novel (out next month) would change that.

At least, WotC didn't think it proper to erase Rashemen from the map as they did Halruaa.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  10:49:11  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

what area, region, city, or thing do you hope will get a detailed lore treatment... and why?

Any edition, but please try not to make it about the edition but rather talk about why that area or thing intrigues you.

That's a hard question to answer for me. I've seen the 5th Edn reboot threads and others, and I've stayed away from them simply because I stopped at 3rd Edn/3.5 and it's really been a few years.

The other thing is, like many I suspect, when an area, culture from the Realms fascinates you, at some point you take it on and make it your own. Inviting someone else to build on it could then run the risk of them coming up with lots of stuff that contradicts your own thoughts and opinions.

But to answer your question: Guallidurth would be interesting. (Also it's not close enough to things I'm really passionate about, such as anything Kiaransaleen.)

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  11:10:25  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic technology of Faerun, and about the conflicts for control over planar gates.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  12:56:16  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like a closer look at Damara especially a clearer explanation on the Usurper.
Also what about Auppenser the god of psionics? Someone should really resurrect him or something.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  13:29:34  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love an updated version of the "Code of the Harpers", which would include the Moostars as well. If it gave more info on the schism as well, it would be even better!
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  13:47:24  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see some new lore and detailed maps for Zakhara. This giant continent has been ignored for too long.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  14:56:03  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of them

I can#t really decide which ones I would like best because there are so many interesting regions. But I would be happy to get more stuff on the Underdark including Menzoberranzan but not exclusive.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  16:20:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

I'd love an updated version of the "Code of the Harpers", which would include the Moostars as well. If it gave more info on the schism as well, it would be even better!
Personally, I think a new 'Intrigues' style book (Covert Cabals? Cults & Cabals?) along the lines of the old Cloak & Dagger would work better, and could include the Harpers, amongst others. I think this would serve the setting better.

Part of the (perceived) problem with the 'old Realms' was that the PCs were not "in the spotlight", and I think that focusing on NPC 'good' groups is counter-productive (IMHO). Sprinkling them into more general sources - like the one I just suggested - would be the btter route to go. And no 'Seven Sisters' or 'Secrets of the Magister' - they are reprinting the old books and we will have those. New books should be just that - NEW. Great sources for DMs don't necessarily make great books for players (and there are FAR MORE players then DMs).

On the other hand, I have no idea how many non-D&Ders buy sourcebooks. That could totally skew what I just said (but doesn't change the fact that we still have the originals, and do not need more info on those topics).

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Jan 2012 00:00:03
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  22:14:25  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

I would love to see some new lore and detailed maps for Zakhara. This giant continent has been ignored for too long.

I'll second this request; I'd also like to see the same done for Kara-Tur. What I'd REALLY love is detailed maps for the entire supercontinent (Faerun, Zakhara, Kara-Tur) both pre- and post-Spellplague, assuming the "open timeline" model goes ahead (which looks all but certain at this point, given the 1E core rules reprint). Oh, and it should go without saying that these maps all be to the same scale, and if Mike Schley isn't up to the task, I'd nominate our very own Markustay for the job, simply because I'm not aware of anyone else out there with the same combination of skills and love for the Realms, with one exception, whom I haven't seen around at CK in over a year; there is a third possibility, but his map scroll appears to have gone dormant as well. Anyway, YES, map the planet! Please!

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Jan 2012 22:16:02
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  22:16:22  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

I'll second this request; I'd also like to see the same done for Kara-Tur. What I'd REALLY love is detailed maps for the entire supercontinent (Faerun, Zakhara, Kara-Tur) both pre- and post-Spellplague, assuming the "open timeline" model goes ahead (which looks all but certain at this point, given the 1E core rules reprint). Oh, and it should go without saying that these maps all be to the same scale, and if Mike Schley isn't up to the task, I'd nominate our very own Markustay for the job, simply because I'm not aware of anyone else out there with the same combination of skills and love for the Realms, with one exception, whom I haven't seen around at CK in over a year. Anyway, YES, map the planet! Please!

I would LOVE to see a detailed global map for the Forgotten Realms!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  22:40:28  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
<snip>

Part of the (perceived) problem with the 'old Realms' was that the PCs were not "in the spotlight", and I think that focusing on NPC 'good' groups is counter-productive (IMHO).

Normally I'd agree, but 2 of my PCs are moonstars in my current campaign, and sometimes, I'm not quite sure how to handle the RP while assigning quests and them reporting the results.

Besides, I'd like to see an update on the Harpers post-schism. It could be a good opportunity to change the formula a bit, which as been used quite a lot in older novels.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000