Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What do you hope gets a detailed treatment?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  23:05:27  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing which has always been lacking in every AD&D/D&D edition: explicit details about the gods and their followers.

I don't mean tables listing out the deity's favourite color, most prominent holy day, preferred holy vestment, etc. Nor do I mean more As-The-Realms-Turn divine soap opera stuff. I mean some hard crunch which specifies, in detail, the spells and granted powers of each kind of specialty priest, along with pillowy mountains of fluff describing religious titles and hierarchies, a brief history of the church, special temples, the title (and some passages) of their holy canon and sacred artifacts, some description of their holy celebrations and ceremonies, etc. Plus of course the same information for each major faction which might exist within the "same" faith. I think we should have as much information for each faith as we do for druids.

I realize that Faerūnian-pagan worship is highly non-uniform - it varies between regions, administrations, even among the priests themselves. And I realize Ed has said a great deal about the intricacies of Realms religions. So what if all this compiled information fills up an entire book? It might be lengthy but it's far from impossible.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 27 Jan 2012 23:10:18
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  01:01:04  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I'll second this request; I'd also like to see the same done for Kara-Tur. What I'd REALLY love is detailed maps for the entire supercontinent (Faerun, Zakhara, Kara-Tur) both pre- and post-Spellplague, assuming the "open timeline" model goes ahead (which looks all but certain at this point, given the 1E core rules reprint). Oh, and it should go without saying that these maps all be to the same scale, and if Mike Schley isn't up to the task, I'd nominate our very own Markustay for the job, simply because I'm not aware of anyone else out there with the same combination of skills and love for the Realms, with one exception, whom I haven't seen around at CK in over a year. Anyway, YES, map the planet! Please!

I would LOVE to see a detailed global map for the Forgotten Realms!

You and me both... they should do the pre-Spellplague map first, largely because much more of the world has already been detailed for that time period. Okay, and for other reasons too, but seriously, the primary reason is to reduce the initial workload of the cartographer(s); this is a BIG job, folks. A good unbiased second reason is to give the Spellplague a starting point for lands outside of Faerun; hopefully we can make the changes make a bit more sense for the rest of Toril. I still can't make the math for the water level changes work.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  01:26:12  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, totally... global map and regional maps, all done by the guy why did Cormyr, etc. in DDI. Mike Schley, is that right?

His maps in that style are 10 out of 10.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  02:25:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you imagine if they did them like the old (D&D) Gazeteer series? With art super-imposed over the maps in the background, for the covers?

Like this and this Caldwell.

That would be Da Bomb.

Definitely regional fold-out map in each book - I wasn't a fan of the piece-meal approach (like they did in UE - the maps didn't even line up correctly, the scale were off). I want to be able to see the full picture. Then we can have the smaller maps on the inside (like they used to in the Volo's guides, for instance).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Jan 2012 02:26:00
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  02:52:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Can you imagine if they did them like the old (D&D) Gazeteer series? With art super-imposed over the maps in the background, for the covers?

That would be Da Bomb.
You're playing my tune, Markus. Karameikos is one of my all-time favourite D&D supplements.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  05:09:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That would be Da Bomb.

I don't know if I could deal with all of the round red gemstones!

quote:

Definitely regional fold-out map in each book - I wasn't a fan of the piece-meal approach (like they did in UE - the maps didn't even line up correctly, the scale were off). I want to be able to see the full picture. Then we can have the smaller maps on the inside (like they used to in the Volo's guides, for instance).

I loved how a lot of the older boxed sets and FR-series books had the regional fold out maps! I was lucky that all of my maps escaped the fire... And I've been thinking, of late, of tossing a couple of maps up on the wall behind my desk. I want to frame my big Elmore print (the cover of FR9 The Bloodstone Lands) for there, but that's pricy. Tossing one of my extra maps of the Heartlands and an extra map of Golarion's Inner Sea area? I could do that tomorrow...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  13:43:25  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

That would be Da Bomb.

I don't know if I could deal with all of the round red gemstones!

quote:

I loved how a lot of the older boxed sets and FR-series books had the regional fold out maps! I was lucky that all of my maps escaped the fire... And I've been thinking, of late, of tossing a couple of maps up on the wall behind my desk. I want to frame my big Elmore print (the cover of FR9 The Bloodstone Lands) for there, but that's pricy. Tossing one of my extra maps of the Heartlands and an extra map of Golarion's Inner Sea area? I could do that tomorrow...

I was thinking of doing the same thing in my office...the office at home that is. People at work might start to talk if i peppered my business office with maps of places that don't exist.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  14:05:10  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My personal wishlist is because its the areas of the Realms I'm most familiar with:
- A refresh of the LOI/EotSS products (Amn, Tethyr, Calimshan, Erlkazar, Nelanther)
- A product dedicated to past and present Shanatar
- A product on the Western Heartlands

All of the above with a large dose of Volo's Guide -type content and current up to 5E
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  20:32:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Aes Tryl

Halruaa! Cos it got blown off the face of the map with nary an explanation.

Also I'd like a more detailed explanation and lore on the nimbral isles and evermeet post 4e. And also Lamruil's mythal city, somewhere out there.

I'm on board with these as well, definitely. If there's a new mythal city out there, we'd like more lore about it, please. And Halruaa, well, I have an explanation for that... the whole current (post-Spellplague) condition of Halruaa is an illusion. One massive, collaborative-epic-magic illusion. Why? Well, to keep the Shades from invading until the Halruaans have had time to build up their own military arcane strength. Well, that's what they're using it for anyway; in reality, it was simply a huge manifestation of the Spellplague, not deliberate in any way at all. Just a thought...

Nah, the Nimbraii who were secretly in Halruaa called upon Leira (who was faking her death) to create the illusion. Unbeknownst even to Shar, Leira had placed taps within the shadow weave, which she had then hidden. It was through this that she was able to hide Halruaa. :-)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  23:43:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before I added Osse and the western continents (Anchorome, Maztica, & Katashaka), the FR map I was constantly working on in Photoshop was 8' tall and 44' wide.

The office where I painted my minis (and did most of my geeky stuff) was 10'x12', with an 8' ceiling. I was planning on eventually printing out transparencies and using an overhead projector to paint all of Faerūn around the room. (YES, I really am that nuts).

quote:

I'm on board with these as well, definitely. If there's a new mythal city out there, we'd like more lore about it, please. And Halruaa, well, I have an explanation for that... the whole current (post-Spellplague) condition of Halruaa is an illusion. One massive, collaborative-epic-magic illusion. Why? Well, to keep the Shades from invading until the Halruaans have had time to build up their own military arcane strength. Well, that's what they're using it for anyway; in reality, it was simply a huge manifestation of the Spellplague, not deliberate in any way at all. Just a thought.
I like this line of thought, but the problem arises when someone goes to investigate the ruins (and someone will, this IS D&D and FR!)

Ergo, I propose that they managed to perform a ritual (High-Elven style) that would shunt most of their country into an altenate dimension, similar to how the Shades saved themselves (after all they were Netherese once too).

They could be living in Abeir, or the Feywild, or some other world entirely. Heck, they could even be living in the past (they could be the Baklunish of Greyhawk).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Jan 2012 23:57:39
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  02:59:08  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Before I added Osse and the western continents (Anchorome, Maztica, & Katashaka), the FR map I was constantly working on in Photoshop was 8' tall and 44' wide.

The office where I painted my minis (and did most of my geeky stuff) was 10'x12', with an 8' ceiling. I was planning on eventually printing out transparencies and using an overhead projector to paint all of Faerūn around the room. (YES, I really am that nuts).

quote:

I'm on board with these as well, definitely. If there's a new mythal city out there, we'd like more lore about it, please. And Halruaa, well, I have an explanation for that... the whole current (post-Spellplague) condition of Halruaa is an illusion. One massive, collaborative-epic-magic illusion. Why? Well, to keep the Shades from invading until the Halruaans have had time to build up their own military arcane strength. Well, that's what they're using it for anyway; in reality, it was simply a huge manifestation of the Spellplague, not deliberate in any way at all. Just a thought.
I like this line of thought, but the problem arises when someone goes to investigate the ruins (and someone will, this IS D&D and FR!)

Ergo, I propose that they managed to perform a ritual (High-Elven style) that would shunt most of their country into an altenate dimension, similar to how the Shades saved themselves (after all they were Netherese once too).

They could be living in Abeir, or the Feywild, or some other world entirely. Heck, they could even be living in the past (they could be the Baklunish of Greyhawk).

8' x 44'? Why didn't you go for the big one??

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  03:51:37  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A DETAILED treatment? Oh man...where do I start?

Well, for one, I like MarkusTay's route. But if I had a choice of how I wanted it and in what order, I'd go with what hasn't been done (or done for, yes, decades) is the following:

1) "Beyond Faerun"; this is a tough one, but I'd make a detailed book on Al-Qadim, Maztica, and Kara-Tur; in a new FR Campaign book, or something similiar, cover over a couple pages each all the lands such as Anchorome, Osse, Katashaka, and the other Unknowns, giving each a brief overview. If time and budgeting allows for a more detailed book, go with Anchorome first, followed by Katashaka and Osse.

2) Old Empires needs a serious update, I'd go with that next

3) The Hordelands, all of it, including those five kingdoms tucked to the south of it and that massive, epic-sized mountain range in the center of the 3 continents

4) Obscure lands like Erlkazar, Veldorn, Sossal, High Ice, The Ride, Tortured Lands, etc. The ones everyone's wanted to see covered for, yes, decades but hasn't yet

5) Underwater; not just the Inner Sea, though that should get a bigger focus, but I mean ALL the seas of the world. There's so much out there besides the Inner Sea, you can run an entirely separate Toril-based campaign considering the amount of underwater kingdoms, creatures, and adventures there could be.

That's all I can think of for now.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  09:37:33  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I like this... I was thinking about the problems associated with the illusion thing earlier today, and your solution nicely avoids those problems, as well as being something that there's precedent for... speaking of having them travel to the past, what if they went to ancient Imaskar and became the founders of that nation's magocracy? Wouldn't that be something? It makes sense on one superficial level; Halaster was from Imaskar; HALruaa; HALaster; hmm? I'm just hoping that we learn more about the Mad Mage in the months to come; Ed did say here at the beginning of 4E that there were "shiny new NDAs in place" on the Mad Mage, so hopefully something will be done with him.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  20:54:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I am an old-school Greyhawk DM, I like to interconnect FR & GH whenever possible.

In the distant past (of GH), two powerful magical empires clashed - the Baklunish (who were darker, Semite-like people) and the Suel.

What if the Halruaans had a contingency effect for their entire country, regarding Mystra's Weave? Not so far-fetched, when you consider they were the survivors of the last Weave-fall. They shift to another (known) world, but the Cerulean Waves distorts their magic, and they wind-up thousands of years in the past of Oerth (GH).

Where they rebuild and become the powerful, advanced empire they were meant to be (the Baklunish). Then a bunch of interlopers arrive to colonize parts of their world - strange Wizards who are masters of translocation and elemental magics.

Ergo, in my own HB version of the D&D universe, the Imaskari tried to colonize Oerth (as they had done to several worlds, Goa'uld-style), and ran into the Halruaans, and twin Cataclysms (where they destroyed each other) was actually the war that never happened on Toril - a war between the Imaskari and the Netherese (descendents).

Note: The Rain of Colorless Fire sounds suspiciously like what happened to the High Moor (Miyeritar), and Imaskari magic is canonically based on something the fey gave them.

Just more of my ponderings - make of it what you will (and if the new WotC teams wants to use any of this for the 'meta-setting' concept in 5e, they are welcome to it).

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Jan 2012 20:54:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  01:47:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ergo, in my own HB version of the D&D universe, the Imaskari tried to colonize Oerth (as they had done to several worlds, Goa'uld-style), and ran into the Halruaans, and twin Cataclysms (where they destroyed each other) was actually the war that never happened on Toril - a war between the Imaskari and the Netherese (descendents).

Note: The Rain of Colorless Fire sounds suspiciously like what happened to the High Moor (Miyeritar), and Imaskari magic is canonically based on something the fey gave them.
Anything more you can share on these pondering, Markus?

[I like the idea of the Imaskari visiting Oerth, BTW.]

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  09:47:18  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What if the Halruaans had a contingency effect for their entire country, regarding Mystra's Weave? Not so far-fetched, when you consider they were the survivors of the last Weave-fall. They shift to another (known) world, but the Cerulean Waves distorts their magic, and they wind-up thousands of years in the past of Oerth (GH).

Where they rebuild and become the powerful, advanced empire they were meant to be (the Baklunish). Then a bunch of interlopers arrive to colonize parts of their world - strange Wizards who are masters of translocation and elemental magics.

This is good... I second Sage's request for more, and I present you with an Ourobouros scenario: if the timeline relationships are irrelevant (as we've discussed elsewhere), what if Baklunish survivors flee to Toril after the Invoked Devastation/RoCF and become the ancestors of the Netherese? The Halruaans would then be their own cultural grandparents... just a thought.

Edited by - Jakk on 30 Jan 2012 09:53:56
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  21:34:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My answer to the question: "Do you have more thoughts on that?", can be viewed HERE.

I didn't want to further dilute this thread.

And Sage, I think I've mentioned this many times before - I treat the Imaskari like the Goa'uld from Stargate. In fact, I even go so far as to say the Pharonic pantheon were actually ascended Imaskari (from other worlds), who came back to their motherworld to conquer it, which is why the Imaskari created the Godwall and outlawed religion from their lives (like the RW Pharoahs, the leaders of the colonies forced the locals to worship them, thus causing an artificial ascendance of their own being). In other words, they truly became the first 'god kings' (similar methods were used by the Dragonkings of Athas).

One day I will have to write down all my thoughts on Imaskar (like the fact I think Hilather left Imaskar for awhile, to study Shadow-magic - which was forbidden - in a little known Realm called Thaeravel).

What? Someone had to teach Telamont the basics.

Edited by - Markustay on 30 Jan 2012 21:46:36
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  22:54:59  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One day I will have to write down all my thoughts on Imaskar (like the fact I think Hilather left Imaskar for awhile, to study Shadow-magic - which was forbidden - in a little known Realm called Thaeravel).

What? Someone had to teach Telamont the basics.

Please do! Soon! I wonder what Ed thinks of the theory...

To return more precisely to topic, I want more lore on Hilather / Halaster... I'd love a Halaster origin-novel from Ed. Halster: The Making of a Mad Mage... okay, probably not that title, but definitely that subject matter.

Edit: Right, the "why": I've loved the character of Halaster from the first time I started reading the original Undermountain boxed set. And returning to that source just now, I've encountered something interesting that I must speculate upon in Ed's scroll...

Edited by - Jakk on 30 Jan 2012 23:02:50
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  23:39:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Who said shadow magic was forbidden among the Imaskari archwizards? Madryoch, who was probably older than Hilather, became a master of shadow magic long before their empire fell. Also, I don't think there's any sort of magic that's strictly forbidden among the Imaskari (save divine magic, of course). The Shadow Stone by Richard Baker mentioned that the Imaskari drew magic from different, less known sources, and were not exactly dependent on the Weave (which most wizards outside their empire tapped for their spells).

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  01:02:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I always thought it would be interesting to explore the "Sorcerer's Netheril" alternative offered by Thaeravel.

Hmmm. Sorcery for Imaskari? Hilather the Sorcerer?

You're giving me ideas, Markus.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  05:27:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following is Homebrew and mostly Conjecture

The Imaskari - as a people - were not adverse to pursuing 'alternative' methods of magic. However, after the great disaster of the Holy City (the entire city vanished*), they decided that 'experimental' (as in, studies with unknown, unpredictable consequences) magic was banned within the empire-proper. Many of these brave pioneers setup enclaves in out-of-the-way places, some of which later became 'satellite' states of their own. This was a practice that was also not-so-coincidentally later deployed by the Netherese.

Hilathar was highly interested in Shadow magic, and had discovered a new web of energy similar to Mystra's weave encompassing Toril, which he wanted to further investigate. He traveled to the region of Faerūn where he determined the fabricate of reality between Toril and the Shadowfel was weakest... the region of the southern Anauroch basin. There he encountered the magically gifted native Talfir people, who had traditions of Shadow sorcery of their own, and he both taught and studied amongst them. Others followed Hilather to the remote enclave, and soon it grew into the nation of Thaeravel. Hilather built his own alabaster tower - something the Talfiric archmages were known for - and word spread of the land of the Sorcerer-Kings. Many were the discoveries made, and a and new type of magical device was developed - the Scepter - which could tap directly into energy-fields it was attuned to. It was only when Halithar's own Shadow-Scepter began whispering to him that the madness began....

{to be continued}

*See Rip Van Wormer's excellent Sigil theory.

Edited by - Markustay on 31 Jan 2012 18:34:17
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  06:03:46  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Detailed maps like various scribes have said would be great. If they plan to support all timelines and eras of the Realms it would be really sweet to get Pre and Post Spellplague maps and maybe some maps from the past, like 712 DR, the Year of the Tusk. Or the known world when the DR system came to be.

Heck I'd be game if they did a test for this in a DDI series. Do a map for Cormyr back in the day or when men were first gaining a foothold on those lands. Be a brand new frontier to explore and we could see things like more work done on Myth Drannor and the elven realms, Sembia's formation, Sarphil that old dwarven kingdom. Just guessing, but the ogres probably still ruled Thar at this point. Tethyamar still existed etc etc. Of course there are plenty of other areas too, but these were the first that popped into my head. The savage frontier when Waterdeep was still a small growing trading fort would probably be rockin' too.

I guess that's alot of stuff and probably way too much for a DDI article or even series. Sourcebook instead perhaps or some such would probably have the space to give an idea like that lots of depth.

Edited by - Eilserus on 31 Jan 2012 06:05:21
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  08:16:34  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I hope is that the Realms get adventure paths, like in Golarion. I think that it would be more useful than some regional book containing recycled old lore.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  09:44:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'd like to see the High and Deep Imaskar merged and reformed, preferably with the return of some Imaskari archwizards who have been in hiding since their empire fell. And instead of having one ruler (an empress), I'd like the ruling body to be a council of archwizards.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  10:36:59  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
id like some info on shiertalar.according to the fr atlas its a big city but ive never seen any info on it.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  11:09:18  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would personally like to see Amn get a lot of coverage and hopefully by extension Shoon VII.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  13:34:59  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly I left playing in the realms when WOTC created a new world wit hthe Forgotten Realms label on it, and moved my campaigns to Golarion. However if nothing else 5e gives me hope for a supported Forgotten Realms again.

I would be happy for them to focus on focusing the Forgotten Realms 3rd edition and before. I almost don't care where, as long as I get the Forgotten Realms back. I have written how the spell plague was avoided in my campaign, and I wouldn't even mind a future speculation of a Realms future that MADE SENSE.

I will buy into the Forgotten Realms provided the 4e Fallout Realms support is minimized, and most support goes to Pre 1385 DR Forgotten realms. If there is a ratio of 65% Forgotten Realms and 35% 4e Realms support I will buy into it, because I imagine alot of the support will be digital. if I have to pay to view mostly 4e support I can easily leave it.

With that said I would love to see more Damara and Moonshaes. Those two areas were where I focused my campaign in the 2nd edition days.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  14:14:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now Mournblade returns.

Welcome back friend!

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  17:42:16  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

And now Mournblade returns.

Welcome back friend!

AH MANY THANKS!

I intend to be in here more often.

:)

Good to see you.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2012 :  18:35:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"If you build it, they will come"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000