Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2016 & 2017)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Taleras
Seeker

24 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  04:56:11  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally finished the Sellswords series. Ran into some stretches of little to no reading lately, but I am now started on The Thousand Orcs. Can't believe I'm on book #17 of the Drizzt series...

Edited by - Taleras on 09 Aug 2017 05:01:10
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
725 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  07:10:17  Show Profile  Click to see Thelonius's MSN Messenger address Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished Terry Pratchett's Pyramids. Finally liked it though it took a bit to start enjoying it. Starting to dive into Ready Player One.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30083 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  16:01:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Starting to dive into Ready Player One.

That's a personal fave. It's one of the few books I've wanted to reread as soon as I completed it the first time.

His second novel, Armada, is good, but it doesn't knock it out of the park the way Ready Player One did.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CTrunks
Seeker

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2017 :  05:19:17  Show Profile Send CTrunks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I was always disappointed by the way they set that up and then went the other way with it.

I have to admit, while I can understand preferring it being a true story, I think it works better as being just a rumor or legend that started after Raistlin's death, so nobody could accurately confirm it.

quote:
The off-screen deaths at the beginning of the War of Souls trilogy bugged me, too.

When I first read the War of Souls trilogy, I genuinely enjoyed it. But this most recent re-read felt like a bit of a chore, and I think most of it falls onto Mina. I know it's popular to declare most characters a 'Mary Sue', but she really was a Mary Sue. She was apparently a perfect tactician, a perfect warrior, everyone loved her, and she was never wrong for most of the series. And because she was always right, almost everyone else, at least among the new characters, came out looking like they were either incompetent or just plain stupid.

Plus, having everything that happened between Dragons of a Summer Flame and the War of Souls trilogy be Takhisis's fault, only to hit the Grand Reset Button (after ensuring the elves were in a worse place than before, of course, since Krynnish Elves Ruin Everything), felt like a total cop out.

Anyway, in "things I am reading now" news, I've restarted the ASoIaF books, and I'm almost done Game of Thrones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000