Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Pyramids under Ascore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4768 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  12:51:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No can do just yet. It's not been ruled out of the mix. Yet.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Lhynard
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2017 :  18:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Lhynard's Homepage Send Lhynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

*put my mathematics degree to use*

The difficulty in a five-sided polygon is in figuring out how to create it with a compass (the one that draws circles, not the one that points north). It's one of those mathematical conundrums that, although you can create almost any of the basic degrees using a compass, the 72 degree needed to create a five-sided polygon is impossible* to do with a compass.

So, the question then becomes how difficult is it to express architecturally in the plans to build one? A four-sided pyramid, therefore, becomes MUCH more easier to design and build since 90 degrees is easy to create.

Of course, all this gets tossed out the window once you start using magic and it's "reality-is-just-a-guidline" rules-breaking.

*impossible, of course is defined as 'hasn't been done yet', of course.

Actually, the ancients solved how to draw a perfect pentagon with a compass and straightedge way back when; it is by no means impossible to do! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon#Construction_of_a_regular_pentagon)

I know that it has been years since this post; my main reason was to bump this thread, not to nitpick you. No offense intended!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000