Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Just Another Book Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2021 :  11:46:10  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That Spellfire review was hella entertaining. Sorry I haven't responded to this thread in a while, it's quite good! Hopefully continues.
For Spellfire/Crown of Fire I am afraid the problems mount, but I actually think Crown of Fire is a much better book in terms of keeping the narrative and character count manageable. It's problems are maybe the opposite of the first book in that the plot is very simple and repeats itself (Shandril in trouble from a huge gang of baddies, Shandril roast them to death, Shandril cries and says she can't go on, Shandril decides after getting a pep talk from Narm/Elminster/Harper/Knight that she can go on, repeat).

But Crown of Fire has some neat battles with Manshoon and Elminster, and I think the payoff in the end is decent. Huge plot hole throughout it though which we'll get to.

___

Agreed that Kymil's motivations could be explained by us, I don't think Elaine did a great job in explaining that to the reader but I didn't have a problem with his motivations the way I did with how neither the Harpers nor the Elves executed him for committing regicide and killing 20 Harpers and framing Arilyn and all the rest of his many crimes that would have him executed in modern day countries, never mind in the Realms when both the Harpers and the Elves have killed people for much less. And also all the problems I have with Arilyn thinking she has to keep him alive to clear her name when the world has detect lie and speak with dead and senior Harpers know she is innocent and all the rest of the problems I've expressed over and over again over the last 20 years.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000