Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for George Krashos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 47

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5671 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  10:08:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Eric changed the original line up (from p.2) in my thread to account for his write-up of the Barony of Starshadow in "Power of Faerūn" (p.97-99).

But you are right that this doesn't tally with LEOF (p.144). So the table is incorrect and should reference Javilarhh II founding the Kingdom of Man. I would therefore have Javilarhh III reign briefly (and be "the Dark" - Javilarhh II for a bit of fun can be "the Fair") to allow Davyd's reign.

I'll chat to Eric about changing "Under Illefarn Anew".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 11 Nov 2019 11:32:08
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1595 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  10:29:15  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

EDIT:
Out of curiosity (he says innocently), in regards to the Endless Battle, which of House of Man ruler would you say best fits the epithet of "the Marching King (The Trod of Steel and Terrible Swift Sentence)"?

I'd probably vote for Haryd II, as his life and reign are consumed by the Endless Battle.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 11 Nov 2019 10:42:08
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5671 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  10:30:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by AJA

EDIT:
Out of curiosity (he says innocently), in regards to the Endless Battle, which of House of Man ruler would you say best fits the epithet of "the Marching King (The Trod of Steel and Terrible Swift Sentence)"?

I'd probably vote for Haryd III, as he ruled for 42 years, his life and reign consumed by the Endless Battle.

Hehe, Haryd III might soon be Haryd II.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1595 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  10:49:26  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AJA

EDIT:

I'd probably vote for Haryd III, as he ruled for 42 years, his life and reign consumed by the Endless Battle.

Hehe, Haryd III might soon be Haryd II.

-- George Krashos

Ha! I'd already fixed it before you posted this. Now my old comment still lives. ;-)

--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5671 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  11:32:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Eric changed the original line up (from p.2) in my thread to account for his write-up of the Barony of Starshadow in "Power of Faerūn" (p.97-99). So the table is correct but the reference to Javilarhh II founding the Kingdom of Man is not. It should be and is Haryd I.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  22:03:34  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
I'll chat to Eric about changing "Under Illefarn Anew"

Ahh, Phalorm/Fallen Kingdom....all these years and tears and revised (re-re-revised) versions later and still capable of making poor Krash get out the rubber end of the ol' No. 2.
quote:
I'd probably vote for Haryd II, as his life and reign are consumed by the Endless Battle

I appreciate that. It's just a one-off note in another NPC's write-up, but I figured while I had your ear I'd try to name it "right." Goodbye, mighty Ambelath, ye shall march no more.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2019 :  02:45:50  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya George!

I've adapted 2 Pathfinder Adventure paths to occur in the region just north of the Giantspire Mountains. To me, in looking through various sourcebooks, this region is really between the reaches of the Damara and Narfell. I know the mountains have a huge number of hobgoblins, with one leader in particularly having control of a dracolich. The way I would read it, as there are great resources for mining there, is that this would be a 'edge of the last frontier' kind of region, where panhandlers or companies of miners try to find their riches in the area.

I come to ask if there were, or rather, are ghost towns of settlers who tried to make this region their own, whether from Narfell's far past, or even Impiltur expansionism? Or is the thread of hobgoblins, orcs, and invading giants simply too much for this region that is too far away from any true country city center?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5671 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  10:22:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

Hiya George!

I've adapted 2 Pathfinder Adventure paths to occur in the region just north of the Giantspire Mountains. To me, in looking through various sourcebooks, this region is really between the reaches of the Damara and Narfell. I know the mountains have a huge number of hobgoblins, with one leader in particularly having control of a dracolich. The way I would read it, as there are great resources for mining there, is that this would be a 'edge of the last frontier' kind of region, where panhandlers or companies of miners try to find their riches in the area.

I come to ask if there were, or rather, are ghost towns of settlers who tried to make this region their own, whether from Narfell's far past, or even Impiltur expansionism? Or is the thread of hobgoblins, orcs, and invading giants simply too much for this region that is too far away from any true country city center?

Hi Renin

Yes, the Giantspires do have a decent amount of mineral resources available for hardworking. Iron ore, some rare veins of mithral, gold and minor gemstones (amethyst and citrines in the main) can all be mined but the denizens of the mountains make any endeavor greater than a handful of prospectors a risky proposition.

Of old several gnome clans mined the lower southwestern slopes of the Giantspires where they abutted the Rawlinswood, smelting iron in underground tunnels deep under the forest until they were forced out by humanoid incursions.

And you are right that no attempts to mine the Giantspires in any large scale have succeeded over the centuries prior to the Spellplague. After the Spellplague and with the establishment of Highwatch, human prospectors had a haven to fall back on when attacked and the area around the citadel was home to more than a few middling mining concerns.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

39 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  01:37:41  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George, i just read your Ilmara's Scrying stones and your Thay one work and as usual it's amazing ...I have some questions:

- I was thinking of linking each of the Spellglobes to one of the schools of magic, like if casting a spell of the proper school the level cap is raised, the intelligence CD is little lower...what do you think? It could work or you had some different plans?

- Also...I was wondering about the other two items like the "Fiendhorn of Sorrows" and the "Archbellum of Valanthar" is there any source related to those items? Or is there anything you can say about them? I can't even find what an Archbellum is soo..I am pretty lost.

For the Thay one you gave me the idea to do an adventure to find the tombs of the first Zulkirs. Was thinking of Hahlomede Teeos (Abjuration) going first. Can you tell me more about him or all the other first zulkirs in general? I'm playing mostly 3.5 edition so no spellplague and such.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5671 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  10:05:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qilintha

Hi George, i just read your Ilmara's Scrying stones and your Thay one work and as usual it's amazing ...

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them.

quote:

I have some questions:

- I was thinking of linking each of the Spellglobes to one of the schools of magic, like if casting a spell of the proper school the level cap is raised, the intelligence CD is little lower...what do you think? It could work or you had some different plans?

Eric Boyd has already had a play with my Spellglobe of Hlithal and come up with another, here:
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22724&whichpage=4

quote:

- Also...I was wondering about the other two items like the "Fiendhorn of Sorrows" and the "Archbellum of Valanthar" is there any source related to those items? Or is there anything you can say about them? I can't even find what an Archbellum is soo..I am pretty lost.

No, I ... ahem ... made them up. There are a few FR writers and some dabblers (aka me) who like to drop names and items into work we do for other people to play with and flesh out. The intention is that they are undetailed until someone decides to do something meaningful with them. So here's your chance!

A belluth is a type of elven magical wand (see the "Cormanthyr" sourcebook, p.150).

quote:

For the Thay one you gave me the idea to do an adventure to find the tombs of the first Zulkirs. Was thinking of Hahlomede Teeos (Abjuration) going first. Can you tell me more about him or all the other first zulkirs in general? I'm playing mostly 3.5 edition so no spellplague and such.

The info on the early zulkirs in that article comes directly from Ed and is the only information on these individuals. So in simple terms you have free rein to do what you like with this idea, confident that your efforts are very unlikely to be contradicted. I could make some stuff up, but I'm sure you'd do just as good a job. Enjoy!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

39 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  11:40:35  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The info on the early zulkirs in that article comes directly from Ed and is the only information on these individuals. So in simple terms you have free rein to do what you like with this idea, confident that your efforts are very unlikely to be contradicted. I could make some stuff up, but I'm sure you'd do just as good a job. Enjoy!

I am flattered by your words but I doubt my skills can even compare to yours XD. I'll try to keep up to your expectations :)
Go to Top of Page

mikemax
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  13:58:48  Show Profile Send mikemax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George.
I'm looking to start my next campaign and I've decided to focus on Eltab as the Big Bad for this one since my players liked Impiltur so much in the last one against Sonellion. I've been doing some research (ie reading all of your posts here) and have a few questions.

1. Eltab is looking for a way to free himself from his current prison and also to bring his layer of the abyss to the prime. I was thinking that he might try to use the Shiftglass of Orthass to do this. I know that he attempted to use it at one point to get free from Thaymount with limited success. What if he tried to use it in conjunction with something like a mithal to link all of the existing demoncysts together? Do you have any details on the Shiftglass like powers and current whereabouts?

2. What can you tell me about the Cult of Eltab? Anything about it's organization and methods would be helpful.

Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1595 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  18:04:00  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ndulu is cooler than Eltab. Just sayin’.

--
Go to Top of Page

mikemax
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2020 :  15:38:51  Show Profile Send mikemax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ndulu is cooler than Eltab. Just sayin’.

No doubt he is but I figured he might have enough on his plate already. What with the whole "Be careful what you wish for" curse that has befallen him he's probably too busy dealing with the plots of the other Princes (Orcus, Frazz, etc), the plots of his underlings who so want to be him and that nagging feeling that it could all be taken away from him if Eltab ever showed back up in the abyss again, to be stirring the pot in Impiltur for the foreseeable future.

But by all means if you have some ideas or insight into any nefarious doings of the great and terrible Ndulu as they relate to Impiltur that might cause me to choose him instead of Eltab feel free to dole them out as I do enjoy your work as well Eric.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 47  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000