Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham [II]
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
8494 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  02:18:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
[i]

::snip:: I was playing Lords of Waterdeep the other day with some friends, and one of them got Danilo as their Lord and didn't know who it was (half the people playing aren't gamers). and this may sound stupid, but for just a moment I was jealous... and I actually recognized that it was jealousy that I wanted to be that lord instead of the one I had.

Ha! I hope you told them, "Danilo doesn't REALLY look like that. The card art is a copy of a bad portrait, which also doesn't look like him."

LOL, you know what, I actually did say something like that. I said "who the hell chose THAT picture for him though?"

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32660 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  01:45:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I had a similar reaction when I saw the art for Kyriani. Inexplicably, they made her look full-on drow -- even though there's something like 30 comic books with her in them that they could reference to see that she looks like a regular half-elf.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1595 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  16:05:55  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
Hi Elaine,

Did you have any thoughts on the activities of Grimnoshtadrano during the Rage of Dragons in the Year of Rogue Dragons (1373 DR)?

Examples of what we wrote for other dragons are found in Dragons of Faerun, pages 42-44.

Thanks,

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2364 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  15:45:31  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Hi Elaine,

Did you have any thoughts on the activities of Grimnoshtadrano during the Rage of Dragons in the Year of Rogue Dragons (1373 DR)?

Examples of what we wrote for other dragons are found in Dragons of Faerun, pages 42-44.

Thanks,

--Eric

Nope, no thoughts on this. Please feel free to add to the Grimosh story as you see fit.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5672 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  08:55:46  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Hi Elaine

In another question that may or may not interest you: approximately how long after the fall of Myth Drannor in 714 DR did Zoar Moonflower become the ruler of Evermeet? I was thinking that the Year of the Sharp Edge (763 DR) or the Year of the Elven Fortress (781 DR) sounded auspicious. Any thoughts?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2364 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  11:55:36  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hi Elaine

In another question that may or may not interest you: approximately how long after the fall of Myth Drannor in 714 DR did Zoar Moonflower become the ruler of Evermeet? I was thinking that the Year of the Sharp Edge (763 DR) or the Year of the Elven Fortress (781 DR) sounded auspicious. Any thoughts?

It isn't that I'm not interested, but Evermeet was published in 1999, twenty years ago, and offering an opinion on fine details would require research, which would require source materials I no longer have.

I don't have my FR novels and game books from that era--they were all lost in a basement flood, along with several hundred other books. All my notes from the research-and-novel-writing process, including timelines, were lost when we moved from Maryland to Rhode Island shortly after the book was written.

So while it may appear that I'm brushing off questions from certain books, it's more a matter of precision than lack of interest. If I can't give an informed opinion, I'd rather not comment.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 31 Dec 2019 11:56:45
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2364 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  12:15:57  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Folks, for the reasons given in the post above, I think it's time for me to leave the Candlekeep forums. I can no longer answer many of the questions posed, and since it doesn't appear that the Realms will reopen for new stories any time soon, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute.

Admins, would you close this thread to comments?

Wishing you all sweet water and light laughter,

Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5616 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2019 :  14:42:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Your wish is my command, Elaine, and very sorry to see you go, if indeed you need to. I'm locking this thread at your request, but please feel free to remain at Candlekeep, and if at any time you would like this to be reopened then please contact me via PM or email.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly