Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Nation of Ixinos
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Wenin
Senior Scribe

562 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  03:30:36  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm willing to try and pretty it up if you like. If you could send me the original Word Doc you made the PDF from. I'll see what I can do.

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can exchange email addresses.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  03:35:12  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will do...right now!

EDIT:

Never heard back from Wenin...anyone else interested in the document?

AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 20 May 2012 02:04:02
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15709 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  04:50:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized I never got a new copy (the old one went bye-bye with everything else). You can send one off to me.

Thanks - Mark

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  14:27:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I just realized I never got a new copy (the old one went bye-bye with everything else). You can send one off to me.

Thanks - Mark



I put the link in the first post.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  22:06:39  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it just accord to me that the easiest way to defeat them is to find a way to inspire a male uprising, inspire a crusade agianst all the males, convince most of the males to leave, or sterilize the population somehow. How did pirates not think of that approach?

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  01:18:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar

it just accord to me that the easiest way to defeat them is to find a way to inspire a male uprising, inspire a crusade agianst all the males, convince most of the males to leave, or sterilize the population somehow. How did pirates not think of that approach?



The same reason nobody did it for females in a male dominated society. If you would like, you can ask Ed and others; they created the She-Wolves and Ixinos.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  03:19:08  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah but males are naturally dominant, i mean u cant really have a women raping a man (without some medical intervention). i mean males just saying "the hell with this" should come naturally. ehhhh

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  03:53:18  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar

yeah but males are naturally dominant, i mean u cant really have a women raping a man (without some medical intervention). i mean males just saying "the hell with this" should come naturally. ehhhh



Males are naturally dominant eh? I'd have to dispute that at almost every single point.

As a husband and father, I'd have to say I've NEVER felt dominant in my life! lol

As for the Forgotten Realms, it surely isn't so! Some of the greatest powers in the Forgotten Realms are female.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  04:41:11  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well how many female dominant societies can you name in real life?

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  05:01:16  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar

well how many female dominant societies can you name in real life?



I usually don't talk real world all that much; but you asked:

Elamites, Sitones, Mosuo, Vietnam prior to Chinese intervention, Padaungs, Kayaw, Hopi, Haudenosaunee, ancient Crete, early Brittonic society, and more...most Matriarchal societies in the world were only forced out via the intervention of militant male dominated societies. These cultural societies were usually due to the Christian West (with early pushes by the Christian dominated Roman and then Frankish Empires alongside the male dominated Islamic Caliphate).

My favorite quote from Ancient Greece is actually from Gorgo, Queen of Sparta, who responded to a question from a woman in Attica along the lines of, "why Spartan women were the only women in the world who could rule men?" Gorgo replied, "because we are the only women who are mothers of men".

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15709 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  14:26:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only just learned - from reading through Ed's old threads - that there is a group of 'amazons' in the King's Forest.

Not 'real' Amazons - just a 'tribe' of warrior-women who have a chip on their shoulder.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone


Edited by - Markustay on 06 Nov 2014 14:49:08
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3580 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  21:03:38  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar

well how many female dominant societies can you name in real life?



I usually don't talk real world all that much; but you asked:

Elamites, Sitones, Mosuo, Vietnam prior to Chinese intervention, Padaungs, Kayaw, Hopi, Haudenosaunee, ancient Crete, early Brittonic society, and more...most Matriarchal societies in the world were only forced out via the intervention of militant male dominated societies. These cultural societies were usually due to the Christian West (with early pushes by the Christian dominated Roman and then Frankish Empires alongside the male dominated Islamic Caliphate).

My favorite quote from Ancient Greece is actually from Gorgo, Queen of Sparta, who responded to a question from a woman in Attica along the lines of, "why Spartan women were the only women in the world who could rule men?" Gorgo replied, "because we are the only women who are mothers of men".



Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.

4E Realms = Great Taste, Less Filling.

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."

Edited by - Diffan on 06 Nov 2014 21:04:23
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3695 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2019 :  23:34:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edited first post is why this is showing up as "new post"

But yes, the Spartans kicked more ass in their time than almost anyone in history per individual ass kicker.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5436 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  05:19:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were badass, but few in number and more concerned about preventing slave revolts than fighting other Greek city-states and the Persians - at least at first.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Master of Realmslore

Colombia
1255 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  07:43:57  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't the Spartans claimed to be Heraclidae? I remember reading somewhere that Leonidas I (the one that became famous thanks to 300) claimed to be a descendant of Heracles. I guess that explains why they were depicted as so baddass.

Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay. The philosopher’s path... The river of glory... Even the saints resting in the darkness rise up without response and block the way...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7853 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  11:19:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan


Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.



That is THE perfect reply.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7853 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  11:20:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan


Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.



That is THE perfect reply.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Seeker

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  00:20:33  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan


Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.



That is THE perfect reply.


Once the Persian emperor threated to send so many archers to Sparta their arrows would blot out the sun. The reply was "We can fight in the shade."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000