Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2017)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1807 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2017 :  06:20:53  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killerasus

Does he maintain a dictionary of Thorass, Loross or any other human language?

In his head, along with elvish, dwarvish, several hin variants, abyssal and infernal, drow, draconic...

Written down? Bits of each, perhaps, but used as bookmarks and scratch paper, and thus hopelessly scattered throughout his house. But he remembers it, or spontaneously reinvents it, so no worries.
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2017 :  13:37:46  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Ed Greenwood, dear Hooded One,
when did the elves of Faerūn invent the forging of mithral (or elven steel, if it exists...) for the first time? Was it invented in Tintageer and then brought to Toril? Or was it invented later in Faerūn, during the period of The First Flowering, or perhaps during the Crown Wars or even later in history? What did they use before? Was mithral or elven steel invented before or after the Sundering (c. –17600 DR)? In which elven realm was it forged for the first time?
Thank you very much! I would be very happy about an answer!
Go to Top of Page

blaek
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2017 :  07:16:58  Show Profile Send blaek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a detailed image of Elminster's Tower in any of the books, or anywhere at all? I really want to use his tower for a campaign I'm running, but I'd love to be able to use something official if it's possible.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5353 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2017 :  13:00:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blaek

Is there a detailed image of Elminster's Tower in any of the books, or anywhere at all? I really want to use his tower for a campaign I'm running, but I'd love to be able to use something official if it's possible.

Thanks!

No outside image, but check out the adventure in Dungeon #30 "Elminster's Back Door" for some information on entries into his tower. The very beginning of it gives a description. Also check out page 102 of the Forgotten Realms Atlas. It shows the layout of the interior as a sideview of the tower with the walls removed (i.e. you see tables, chairs, etc..).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

blaek
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2017 :  16:19:29  Show Profile Send blaek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks sleyvas, that's exactly the sort of info I am looking for!
Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2017 :  20:50:36  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also have a look in the Shadowdale book in the 2nd Edition Boxed Set. There is IIRC a full floor plan of the tower.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1396 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2017 :  05:10:28  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the pictures, the Dragonreach arc in Forgotten Realms comics: «The crew of the Realms Master travels to Shadowdale, seeking audience with Elminster».
No idea how good these comics are in sticking to the lore, however. Spelljammer comics have utterly ludicrous pages, so no bets.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

killerasus
Acolyte

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2017 :  23:24:30  Show Profile  Visit killerasus's Homepage Send killerasus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blaek

Thanks!

There's a foldup paper model of the tower here in Candlekeep.

http://www.candlekeep.com/gallery/gallery_12.htm

I blog in Brazilian Portuguese about RPGs at http://minasdesal.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

blaek
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2017 :  01:41:24  Show Profile Send blaek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
killerasus you're my hero. <3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000