Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5240 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2016 :  01:30:07  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Anyone have a physical copy of City of Gold?

My pdf copy is missing a map piece, and I am right in the middle of trying to piece the map back together. I used to have these maps, but like everything else, they were lost in the fire. The piece that says 'Dog People' was scanned twice, hence the problem (pieces 6 & 7 of the 8 are the same). If anyone has a better pdf, or can scan e that page, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks - Mark

EDIT: Nevermind - I found another pdf of it on my computer, scanned at a higher resolution, that has the missing piece. Now I have one piece that doesn't match the others, but oh well. I'm not going to start over. its just for reference, after all.

Hey Markustay.... I'm not sure where I found it, but someone had scanned in the entire city of gold map as a png and put the pieces together. Its not pretty but its better than looking at it as separate pages. If you want to PM me an address, I'll gladly send it your way.

Also, I've been playing around with campaign cartographer and recently did my own version of that region. Its horrid compared to your work, but if you'd like it, I'm willing to share that as well.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13386 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2016 :  02:21:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Naw, I'm good. Thanks though. That scanned-in map would have saved me some time, but I've gotten pretty fast at pasting them back together. That was one of the very few I never bothered to do before.

Working on the Maztica + Abeir map again... amongst other things.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
243 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2017 :  21:00:50  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm wondering if Seethyr is still working in this project.

As for Abeiran stuff, I've finished the Brimstone Angels saga. If Markustay need help with lore about Abeir nature, you can contact me here or in the FR wiki.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13386 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2017 :  22:40:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this (map) project is on the back-back burner for now. I have no idea if Seethyr is continuing this.

I am trying to finish one map today which I shouldn't have even bothered with (it was just too cool once I began paying around), and then I still want to re-release my Eastern Heartlands map (Director's Cut), and finally finish the last couple of things I never got to on my Shaareach map (which will be another re-release).

And all of that, before I get back to the actual NEW project I am doing. And once the first two installments of THAT is done, I'll get back to Returned Abeir & Maztica... maybe. Although, honestly, I'm just not 'into it' that much anymore (the hybrid version). I think Ed's RA lore would be better-served somewhere 'closer to home', as in, 'Faerūn proper'. Halruaa-lovers weren't too thrilled with my last solution, so I'm still mulling it all over. Perhaps in place of Lantan? (and PLEASE, there can't possibly be that many 'Lantan lovers' out there, could there be? Who the heck was using it?!)

Dammit... now you have me thinking about this again... I may need to take some Ritalin...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Jan 2017 22:46:14
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5240 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2017 :  02:04:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Well, this (map) project is on the back-back burner for now. I have no idea if Seethyr is continuing this.

I am trying to finish one map today which I shouldn't have even bothered with (it was just too cool once I began paying around), and then I still want to re-release my Eastern Heartlands map (Director's Cut), and finally finish the last couple of things I never got to on my Shaareach map (which will be another re-release).

And all of that, before I get back to the actual NEW project I am doing. And once the first two installments of THAT is done, I'll get back to Returned Abeir & Maztica... maybe. Although, honestly, I'm just not 'into it' that much anymore (the hybrid version). I think Ed's RA lore would be better-served somewhere 'closer to home', as in, 'Faerūn proper'. Halruaa-lovers weren't too thrilled with my last solution, so I'm still mulling it all over. Perhaps in place of Lantan? (and PLEASE, there can't possibly be that many 'Lantan lovers' out there, could there be? Who the heck was using it?!)

Dammit... now you have me thinking about this again... I may need to take some Ritalin...

I don't see a lot of Lantan lovers, but Returned Abeir dwarfs Evermeet by like triple its size and Evermeet dwarfs by like double its size.... unless I'm misreading you and you're just wanting to stick it off the western coast of Lantan... which yeah, that could work.... Nelanther pirates nearby... Chult nearby... Moonshaes nearby unless you make it southwest of Lantan.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000