Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29892 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  23:28:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Maps are off.

And no Krash, I haven't forgotten about Impiltur. The newer work I have been doing has actually made me dissatisfied (AGAIN) with my past work, soooooo....

I had a wacky/busy/disastrous sort of summer, and I am only now recovering, and I am starting to take care of projects promised, but it will be slow going. One of the things that happened was a computer crash, which made me go out and buy a new one (which I really couldn't afford), and then I realized I still had to repair the old one or else loose everything I've done up until this point (which is what happened when my house burned down). So now I've gotten the old one running well again, and I have a new one, so I can at least back-up my work from now on.

Anyhow, the 5th edition rules are pretty good, and I am looking forward to another edition of having fun with FR.

You couldn't just swap the hard drive, or slap it into an enclosure?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13437 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  05:33:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably, but it was a little more then that.

I have several programs heavily customized, GIMP being the major one of those. Part of what I do is create tons of textures, symbol sets, gradients, etc. When i lost PS the last time, I lost EVERYTHING - not just the files, but the tools I created to do maps.

My plan was to simply put the files in the new machine, but then I decided I really wanted to just get the old one running again, because I hate having to re-teach windows how I work (all my saved passwords, favorite sites, etc, etc).

Anyhow, thanks to Erik Boyd and the new 5e rules, I am really getting into FR lore again, which is always a good thing. Its like running into an old friend you haven't seen in awhile.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Sep 2014 16:57:52
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13437 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  15:02:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Working on a map that will combine the Neverwinter and Phandelver ones, along with older sites/lore (like the Mere of Dead Men series from Dungeon Magazine). I've come up with a newer way of presenting the maps, that I think will be more useful (to playing the game - my old ones were better for 'FR aficionados').

I should have that up in a few days, if anyone is interested. This isn't one of my usual 'wait forever' promises - I am using it for my home game.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  15:22:50  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think everyone is always interested in the maps Markus. You post a link and i will download it and file it away forever, lovingly pouring over every detail like some mad, obsessed hermit (which i am).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic