Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Romance in Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2017 :  01:47:42  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't here for the "first life" of this thread, but I'll contribute now.

I think the majority of the Realms have some form of romance going on, but some are more prominent than others. I won't spoil anything, but Last Mythal is great, and I enjoyed the romance. Oh, speaking of which, Blades of the Moonsea, also by Baker, is a very loose follow-up to LM, and that has a nice romance, too. It is also a good story. It is 4E era, but worth the read. I also recommend reading Anthology of the Elves after LM. The last story in there takes place during the events in LM, and the main character is featured in Blades of the Moonsea.

As for new stuff, I would agree that Brimstone Angels and Shadowbane feature romance more prominently in their stories, but they don't detract from the plot and action. They're well done, IMO. I would say the more recent Drizzt books deal a bit more with relationships, too.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000