Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Bruce R. Cordell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BruceCordell
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

19 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit BruceCordell's Homepage  Send BruceCordell an ICQ Message Send BruceCordell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Obviously, he wanted something to do with them at one point, since he wrote books for them.

Pretty sure WotC hasn't quite reached the level of enlightenment necessary to embrace hentacles, though.

Seriously, though, more than one past author has expressed interest in working with WotC again. Some have expressed a desire for a little more compensation for doing so, but I've seen more authors say they'd go back to the Realms than I have seen say they wouldn't.

I invested a decade in the Realms, both as a game designer and novel author (8 realms novels); I love the Realms. I'd be delighted to return if the terms were right. (But lest I get anyone's hopes up, I'm not seeing any signs that Wizards is interested in reviving their once-robust novel publishing department, which would include offering terms that I'd accept.)
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
206 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2017 :  13:52:00  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BruceCordell

1. They potentially could be, but Caiphon is the only Far Realms/Star Pact entity I specifically brought in. Depending on how things go in Key of Stars, there could be far more, and more explicitly.

This gives me a lot of ideas.

Thanks for your answer.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
206 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2017 :  18:07:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again! (This seems like double post, but it isn't).

I was reading your "Wandering Stones" short-story, and I wonder: is this "countdown" that Arambar was doing to bid his time related somehow to the Second Sundering? Or is about another event? Though, I can't think of events as important as to making the spirit of an old primordial marking the time with so much care.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...
Go to Top of Page

BruceCordell
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

19 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  17:27:02  Show Profile  Visit BruceCordell's Homepage  Send BruceCordell an ICQ Message Send BruceCordell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I was reading your "Wandering Stones" short-story, and I wonder: is this "countdown" that Arambar was doing to bid his time related somehow to the Second Sundering? Or is about another event? Though, I can't think of events as important as to making the spirit of an old primordial marking the time with so much care.

Very much so, though I don't think events played out as Arambar hoped (if such a being can be said to have hopes and fears like mortals).

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
206 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  04:52:14  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see. Thanks, that gives me a few ideas.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000