Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Mages And Sages Podcast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
126 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2020 :  20:16:41  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if you are all still entertaining questions, but in case you are:

I was wondering if the Lizardfolk of Faerun have their own native terms to describe their race? I wouldn't imagine they would call themselves that. Also, given that Lizardfolk classically are generally neutral in terms of alignment and that they generally worship a nature-oriented deity, is there some reason for they why they aren't more visible in human cities? Are there prejudices or superstitions among human societies that bars them from "civilized society"? Are there some nations on Faerun that are more friendly and welcoming towards them than others?

Edited by - deserk on 08 Jul 2020 20:17:36
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
126 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  15:40:45  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just firing in with another query for Ed & co. Are there other aliases for certain prominent deities like e.g. Bane, Tempus, Chauntea, Silvanus, Ilmater, Sune, etc. have which are not referenced in the official sourcebooks, that the sages could talk about? Perhaps aspects that depict the deities with a different race or gender, or perhaps with a slightly different dogmatic focus than what is ordinarily depicted? For instance, it would seem likely from my point of view that the Shaaryans and Calishites, being quite culturally distinct from Chondathans would have a different name for Tempus (which I'm assuming is the Chondathan version of his name)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000