Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Eaerlann Teasers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  14:28:24  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Cosmar,
can you provide more informations/details about the Circle of the Black Hand and maybe also about Bellan'daaran?
Sounds very interesting, and I could use it very well in an adventure, which I'm running just now (concerning Siluvanede, the fey'ri and also Graz'zt). So it would fit well, and with your permission (or the permission of your DM) I would maybe use some of your background-informations...
Thanks a lot!!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  18:39:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Owesstaer

I thought that Tree Ghost & Blue Bear were 2 distinct tribes that existed parallelly: Tree Ghost looking for Grandfather Tree, and Blue Bear subject to Hellgate Keep.
So do I get this correctly now, that actually, the survivors from Blue Bear, after its downfall, became the Tree Ghost tribe after they found GF Tree!? (I hope so, because this sounds awesomely cool.)

Correct. Tree Ghosts are the breakaway Blue Bears.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  18:43:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmar

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

This doesn't add much to what you already know, but it fits in the context of a much larger discussion of the history of Siluvanede and its ruling structure.

===

Myth Adofhaer
The city of Adofhaeranede, renamed Myth Adofhaer after the construction of its mythal in -5,300 DR, was the capitol of Siluvanede and the heart of the gold elf kingdom. Little is known of this once-magnificent city, as even its former location is cloaked in the passage of time. Accounts from the Seven Citadels War simply speak of a sprawling, tree-filled city, dominated by fractious gold elven noble houses who clawed for every opportunity to advance their status at the expense of their rivals.
At the end of the Seven Citadels War (-4,500 DR), the final decree of the fragmented Aronala of Siluvanede authorized the remaining untainted Siluvanedenn high mages to place the city of Myth Adofhaer in magical stasis, effectively enabling its residents to flee to the far future to escape association with the fey’ri houses. It is believed that in so doing, they wholly removed Myth Adofhaer from Faerûn, for no trace of the city’s location has ever been found.

===

Awesome, thanks! :) So, it was the capital, and not everyone inside agreed on everything. That's something. For some reason I always assumed Lothen was the capital, but I guess there was never anything stating so.

My guess at the Seven Citadels are:
Myth Adofhaer
Lothen
Telardon
Ascalhorn
Myth Glaurach
Tall Trees (can't remember the "...dar" name)
... and I dunno. The Nameless Dungeon maybe?

I think of the Seven Citadels as 5 +2.

There are 5 Dlardrageth Armories (armories created by House Dlardrageth and filled with Vyshaantaar weaponry to entice the gold elves of Siluvanedenn towards the Dlardrageth "way-of-life") and two Dlardrageth fortresses: one beneath the Horn(later Ascal's Horn or Ascalhorn or Hellgate Keep) and one in what later became Myth Drannor (Dlardrageth Keep).

Three of the armories were plundered. The fourth armory (Nameless Dungeon) was breached / restocked / breached again. The fifth armory (Citadel of the Mists) has never been breached.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  18:45:44  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deepening Moon

Hello Cosmar,
can you provide more informations/details about the Circle of the Black Hand and maybe also about Bellan'daaran?
Sounds very interesting, and I could use it very well in an adventure, which I'm running just now (concerning Siluvanede, the fey'ri and also Graz'zt). So it would fit well, and with your permission (or the permission of your DM) I would maybe use some of your background-informations...
Thanks a lot!!

http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829d

--
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  22:05:25  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say I'd love to see this come together as a complete supplement. I'm old so I understand 1st and 2nd Ed stats best but that's just me - 3.5 or 5th wouldn't matter. The good part about the things you've done in the past wasn't centered on the stats, but on the great detail you put into the characters and places. Would love to see the Elves of the High Forest fully flushed out like that.
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  22:09:50  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Eric,
thank you for this link to Mintiper's Chapbook.
And also thank you very much for your great previews from your "Crown of Eaerlann"-adventure/sourcebook. I really like them and I'm looking forward to read more about this.
However, the Circle of the Black Hand, which is mentioned by Cosmar, must be a different group (not the Bane-worhipping Brotherhood of the Black Hand described in Mintiper's Chapbook), because in one of his messages above Cosmar describes the Circle of the Black Hand as a cabal of evil Graz'zt-worhipping Siluvaneden demon-binders... I hope, Cosmar can tell us more about the Circle of the Black Hand...

quote:

quote:

Hello Cosmar,
Thanks a lot!!

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5507 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  00:56:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
However, the Circle of the Black Hand, which is mentioned by Cosmar, must be a different group (not the Bane-worhipping Brotherhood of the Black Hand described in Mintiper's Chapbook), because in one of his messages above Cosmar describes the Circle of the Black Hand as a cabal of evil Graz'zt-worhipping Siluvaneden demon-binders... I hope, Cosmar can tell us more about the Circle of the Black Hand...

It appears to be from Cosmar's own game, so yes would be interesting to see what his DM has done here. But it won't feature in Crown of Eaerlann.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

20 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  21:40:23  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric, for that clarification on what the Seven Citadels are. I love that the Citadel of the Mists hasn't been breached yet: what a great adventure that would be!

Yes, my DM's Circle of the Black Hand is his own creation I think. It was located in the Nether Mountains in a place called the Valley of the Bear's Teeth, not far from the temple of Loviatar. The real entrance was a disguised phase door (the apparent main entrance was a trap- the door was fake and surrounded by an energy Transformation Field spell that converted any magic into a prismatic spray effect). Inside we fought a horde of allips, a couple living spells, an insane dryad ghost, a whisper demon, an advanced Flameskull (which had apparently once been the Circles leader) and a powerful feyri sorcerer my gold elf mage was tricked into freeing from this artifact called a Bloodstone Chamber the feyri wanted to recover (which was like an advanced Mirror of Life Trapping). Apparently the inhabitants had died in the Seven Citadels War when moon elf mages from Sharrven found their lair. We found some combatants from that fight frozen in stasis bubbles. The coolest thing was we found out my character's wizard/Spellguard/Harper father and his companions had already been there looking for a spellbook called the Song of Stillness, an artifact of Labelas Enoreth that contained a ritual to open a portal between planes out of temporal sync with each other, which the dad used to travel to Myth Adofhaer after his companions died. We have the spellbook now, my character had deciphered the ritual and we're questing for the components to do it ourselves (need 10k in diamonds, focii from both planes and a scale from the hide of Chronepsis).

Sorry, didn't mean that to be so long. I'll stay on topic now, I promise :)

Edited by - Cosmar on 05 May 2019 21:42:53
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
665 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  23:39:36  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hello Cosmar,
Thanks a lot!!

Interesting. My group is just now searching Hellgate Keep for the stolen Staff of Silverymoon.

It would be way cooler to put it in the Crypt of the Black Hand than to just have it laying about.

Has the Crypt ever been detailed?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2019 :  02:05:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has not other than to show where it lies vertically with regards to rest of Hellgate Keep module.

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:

quote:

Hello Cosmar,
Thanks a lot!!

Interesting. My group is just now searching Hellgate Keep for the stolen Staff of Silverymoon.

It would be way cooler to put it in the Crypt of the Black Hand than to just have it laying about.

--
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2019 :  19:20:03  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cosmar, for your summary what happened in the fey'ri lair. Sounds pretty cool, and gives some nice adventure ideas.
Good luck during the next steps of your adventures ;-)

quote:

Thanks Eric, for that clarification on what the Seven Citadels are. I love that the Citadel of the Mists hasn't been breached yet: what a great adventure that would be!

Yes, my DM's Circle of the Black Hand is his own creation I think. It was located in the Nether Mountains in a place called the Valley of the Bear's Teeth, not far from the temple of Loviatar. The real entrance was a disguised phase door (the apparent main entrance was a trap- the door was fake and surrounded by an energy Transformation Field spell that converted any magic into a prismatic spray effect). Inside we fought a horde of allips, a couple living spells, an insane dryad ghost, a whisper demon, an advanced Flameskull (which had apparently once been the Circles leader) and a powerful feyri sorcerer my gold elf mage was tricked into freeing from this artifact called a Bloodstone Chamber the feyri wanted to recover (which was like an advanced Mirror of Life Trapping). Apparently the inhabitants had died in the Seven Citadels War when moon elf mages from Sharrven found their lair. We found some combatants from that fight frozen in stasis bubbles. The coolest thing was we found out my character's wizard/Spellguard/Harper father and his companions had already been there looking for a spellbook called the Song of Stillness, an artifact of Labelas Enoreth that contained a ritual to open a portal between planes out of temporal sync with each other, which the dad used to travel to Myth Adofhaer after his companions died. We have the spellbook now, my character had deciphered the ritual and we're questing for the components to do it ourselves (need 10k in diamonds, focii from both planes and a scale from the hide of Chronepsis).

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  00:46:16  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It has not other than to show where it lies vertically with regards to rest of Hellgate Keep module.

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:

quote:

Hello Cosmar,
Thanks a lot!!

Wasn't it described a bit in one of the Mintiper Chapbooks?
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  22:05:14  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Eric,

in one of your previous posts you mention the Aronala of Siluvanede. Can you tell me, who they are?

And is it maybe possible for you to reveal some additional names of some of the noble houses of Siluvanede (tainted and untainted)?
So far, I have collected the following informations:
"Cloak & Dagger" mentions, that a branch of House Hyshaanth settled in Siluvanede (but I don't know, if they settled there before or after the Seven Citadels' War...?)
As far as I know, Richard Baker mentions the following fey'ri-houses in his Last Mythal-trilogy: Aelorothi, Almyrrtel, Dhaorothi, Ealoeth, Floshin, Ilviiri, Reithel, Ulvaerren, Ursequarra and Yesve.
Richard Baker describes some of these houses, like House Reithel, as „ancient Houses from Siluvanede“ that were strong and numerous, having been imprisoned in Nar Kerymhoarth for fifty centuries. Other houses, like House Aelorothi and House Floshin, he calls „descendant houses“ / „survivor houses“, families of daemonfey who had passed their demonic heritage down through twenty generations from the time of Siluvanede to the present time.
Are there any other ancient or descendant noble houses (or single individuals from other noble houses), who were also tainted by house Dlardrageth?

It would be very nice, if you could answer my questions… Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1656 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  22:32:05  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This makes me wonder how pure Elorfindar Floshin's blood is as this means his family is tainted. He was written up as a good and kindly mentor type who worked closely with Daggerford. Now I'm off to do a bit of research.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  23:03:23  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I recommend you to read the trilogy "The Last Mythal". Elorfindar also plays some part in the trilogy.

quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

This makes me wonder how pure Elorfindar Floshin's blood is as this means his family is tainted. He was written up as a good and kindly mentor type who worked closely with Daggerford. Now I'm off to do a bit of research.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5507 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  23:26:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are good and bad Floshins. He's one of the good ones.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
665 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  20:01:40  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

whoa this is great. I need more!
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  23:44:34  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very excited to see the full Crown of Eaerlann, Eric - Under Illefarn Anew was a masterpiece!

quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch
(...) I know 3.5e had some strange ones like weresharks and werecrocodiles.

In fact, they existed prior to 3.5. The wereshark is in the 2e Waterdeep boxed set, and may be earlier. And there are werecrocs in non-Realms sources in 2e, but I'm not sure if they are usable there.

EDIT: My mistake, there are werecrocodiles in the 2e Powers and Pantheons Realms sourcebook.

Weresharks were also in 1E, specifically Monster Manual 2. I think werecrocodiles were originally from Scott Bennie's Old Empires for 2E.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1827 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  22:42:59  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why not? There are good and kindly tieflings. Or neutral and fun tieflings. They got visible amount of fiend stuff. For that matter, 20% of alu-fiends are non-evil. And they count as lesser tanar'ri.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

20 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  18:10:13  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if his ancestry has Demonfey blood, I kind of took it as being rather diluted in his immediate family so as not to actually manifest traits.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  12:09:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

Why not? There are good and kindly tieflings. Or neutral and fun tieflings. They got visible amount of fiend stuff. For that matter, 20% of alu-fiends are non-evil. And they count as lesser tanar'ri.

There are at least two branches of the Floshin family. Elorfindar is descended from the (a) branch that never consorted with demons. He's not a tiefling; he's a pure-blooded elf attempting to atone for the sins of his distant cousins.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  12:10:16  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you liked it! Specific feedback always welcome.

I'm moving along on Crown of Eaerlann, but it's a big project. :-)

--Eric

quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

I'm very excited to see the full Crown of Eaerlann, Eric - Under Illefarn Anew was a masterpiece!

quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by jamesewelch
(...) I know 3.5e had some strange ones like weresharks and werecrocodiles.

In fact, they existed prior to 3.5. The wereshark is in the 2e Waterdeep boxed set, and may be earlier. And there are werecrocs in non-Realms sources in 2e, but I'm not sure if they are usable there.

EDIT: My mistake, there are werecrocodiles in the 2e Powers and Pantheons Realms sourcebook.

Weresharks were also in 1E, specifically Monster Manual 2. I think werecrocodiles were originally from Scott Bennie's Old Empires for 2E.

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  12:18:09  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At its founding, Siluvanede was governed by the rule of Aronala (“the Sunspeakers”), the leaders of seven greater noble houses, who elected an Iyilitar (“First Speaker”) to rule, with the consent of the Aronala and their ever-changing mix of allies among the lesser noble houses. The reigning Iyilitar was not necessarily drawn from the ranks of the Aronala, but was always of noble birth.
Initially, the seven greater noble houses of the Aronala included House Caeletharr (gold elves), House Elphaerendil (moon elves), House Evanara (gold elves), House Ilviiri (gold elves), House Lamavarith (star elves), House Raerdrimne (gold elves), and House Teshurr (gold elves). During the reign of the third Iyilitar of Siluvanede, Tavaril “the Proud” Faerondarl, the leaders of House Elphaerendil and House Lamavarith found themselves increasing isolated by the gold elf majority of the Aronala and the increasing elitism of the predominantly gold elf population of Siluvanede. After House Elphaerendil and House Lamavarith resigned from the Aronala (the former to found Sharrven, the latter to disappear to parts unknown), the leaders of House Reithil and House Yesve (both comprised of gold elves) were elevated to the Aronala in their stead

quote:

Hello Eric,

in one of your previous posts you mention the Aronala of Siluvanede. Can you tell me, who they are?

And is it maybe possible for you to reveal some additional names of some of the noble houses of Siluvanede (tainted and untainted)?
"Cloak & Dagger" mentions, that a branch of House Hyshaanth settled in Siluvanede (but I don't know, if they settled there before or after the Seven Citadels' War...?)
As far as I know, Richard Baker mentions the following fey'ri-houses in his Last Mythal-trilogy: Aelorothi, Almyrrtel, Dhaorothi, Ealoeth, Floshin, Ilviiri, Reithel, Ulvaerren, Ursequarra and Yesve.
Richard Baker describes some of these houses, like House Reithel, as „ancient Houses from Siluvanede“ that were strong and numerous, having been imprisoned in Nar Kerymhoarth for fifty centuries. Other houses, like House Aelorothi and House Floshin, he calls „descendant houses“ / „survivor houses“, families of daemonfey who had passed their demonic heritage down through twenty generations from the time of Siluvanede to the present time.
Are there any other ancient or descendant noble houses (or single individuals from other noble houses), who were also tainted by house Dlardrageth?

--
Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Seeker

15 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  21:44:40  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Eric, for this great lore about Siluvanede!

quote:

At its founding, Siluvanede was governed by the rule of Aronala (“the Sunspeakers”), the leaders of seven greater noble houses, who elected an Iyilitar (“First Speaker”) to rule, with the consent of the Aronala and their ever-changing mix of allies among the lesser noble houses. The reigning Iyilitar was not necessarily drawn from the ranks of the Aronala, but was always of noble birth.
Initially, the seven greater noble houses of the Aronala included House Caeletharr (gold elves), House Elphaerendil (moon elves), House Evanara (gold elves), House Ilviiri (gold elves), House Lamavarith (star elves), House Raerdrimne (gold elves), and House Teshurr (gold elves). During the reign of the third Iyilitar of Siluvanede, Tavaril “the Proud” Faerondarl, the leaders of House Elphaerendil and House Lamavarith found themselves increasing isolated by the gold elf majority of the Aronala and the increasing elitism of the predominantly gold elf population of Siluvanede. After House Elphaerendil and House Lamavarith resigned from the Aronala (the former to found Sharrven, the latter to disappear to parts unknown), the leaders of House Reithil and House Yesve (both comprised of gold elves) were elevated to the Aronala in their stead

quote:

Hello Eric,

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1391 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2019 :  01:49:25  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having fun collaborating with George on this.

--Eric

quote:

Thank you very much, Eric, for this great lore about Siluvanede!

quote:

quote:

Hello Eric,

--
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000