Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2017)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sunderstone
Seeker

37 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  21:20:19  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Ed and THO,

Does Ed still play, develop lore, or think about characters and events in the pre-spellplague era Realms?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
2555 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  21:27:48  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sunderstone

To Ed and THO,

Does Ed still play, develop lore, or think about characters and events in the pre-spellplague era Realms?

Thanks!

Not THO, but as far as I know, Ed's Realms didn't even get to the ToT, so--if he still has time to run FR--I guess the answer is yes.

To all Facebook-using FR fans, you might be interested in checking out this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/450517575051806/
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2376 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  22:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ed. I have a question about elven nobles that I'm hoping you (or perhaps some of the other lore lords here like Steven Schend) can answer: what did they do to earn money?

I'm hoping for some ideas on what elven nobles of both the gold/silver ages and the later Cormanthor/Myth Drannor era did to keep their coffers full. Clearly from the descriptions of elven revels and nobles in general in El in Myth Drannor, there's a lot of wealth flowing around. What did elves do to create it?

Somewhat linked, how did elves of all eras go about mining? All the smithcraft going on requires plenty of metals, both iron and things more exotic. But I've never read about elven mines, nor does is seem a very "elven" thing to do. And for much of elven civilization the dwarves weren't even in Faerun, let alone available as trading partners (and we all know that the dwarves and elves often have issues).

Can you shed some light on these subjects? Many thanks, as always.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
206 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  07:23:45  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, dear Ed and THO.

I have a question for Ed, or for anyone who can answer. I know Amn and Baldur's Gate* were the only countries that had a presence in Maztica. Yet, reading the FRCG and the Tarmalune article, I don't see they had a presence in Laerakond, and I find this odd. Instead, we have Waterdavian and Neverwintan presence in Tarmalune, and even Luskani presence in the Dusk Ports.

I can get why there weren't Faerunian colonies in Laerakond (there was a proper civilization there, with countries and all), but I find odd that a country like Amn would let pass such an opportunity to trade exotic goods with a civilization from another world (and, if Laerakond was returned to Abeir -no pun intended- with the Second Sundering, such goods will became even more expensive due to their rarity).

So, my question is: Is there a reason why Baldur's Gate and Amm didn't traded with the Abeirans? I can imagine an answer on my own —the Abeirans weren't defenseless nor ignorant about the worth of their stuff (while the Maztican were like our prehispanic peoples in that regard: they believed worthless crystals were as valuable as gold), but I like to know if there is a more interesting canon reason for this.

Thanks in advance.

*Baldur's Gate is not a proper country, but you get my idea here.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 10 Mar 2017 07:28:17
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Seeker

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2017 :  04:53:39  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

My lengthy silence is inescapable and work-related

Well, hopefully no new unwanted bodily piercings this time. As Bakra once said,
quote:
Lady Hood please don't forget, Concelment is not Cover!

On to Everlovin' Ed:

Who is Thentias Margaster (yes, I know who he is, but a bit more description if you would) and why is he called "Lord of Lords."

And who in Waterdeep actually calls him that?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2017 :  16:42:39  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

Where are the fault lines across faerun and why aren't there more earthquakes in inhabited regions? How does an earthquake spell actually impact the earth area afterwards if at all?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000