Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 My maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2017 :  03:37:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^Looking forward to it^

Thanks guys.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  03:39:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Break out the torches and pitchforks!

4e Forgotten Realms Map

The one I swore I would never do. I had to this for 'historic reason', and now I can just save it as one more layer. The point of it was to see how much of the Od Empires and the Shining South I could save, and the answer is "all of it". Well, at least the settlements. LOL

I do not plan to do anything more with this - I just needed the coastlines, for the most part. However, by strategically placing islands, and bending the land just so, I have enabled anyone playing in te 4e era to 'save' any settlement they wish. ANY settlement... go ahead... superimpose the Fonstad map on it... THEY'RE ALL THERE.*
Or, you can say they were all destroyed 9which is pretty much what 4e did say... except now 5e says, "it wasn't nearly as bad as folks thought", hence, my approach to this map.

*Caveat: I just realized, I 'may' have lost some in Semphar - the lake changed too much for me to do anything crazy, and we have lore about something new there anyway. Murghôm should be fine, despite the string of honking big lakes running across it. I meant I saved everything in 'FR-proper' (and Semphar was always 'off the map').

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  05:19:25  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks really good. Kinda funny that the Underchasm seems like a galactic hole.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  05:45:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know. LOL

I didn't have a 'deep chasm' texture, and I didn't feel like finding one, or trying to make something from scratch. Basically, I just wanted this done, so I can move onto the 5th edition map. I feel like it gives it a 'bottomless pit' kind of vibe.

I'm sure there are a TON of things wrong with it that someone who actually knows 4th edition could point-out, but all I had to go on was that craptastic map. Now we can all pretend the 3rd edition maps never happened.

Which is really odd, coming from me.

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Aug 2017 05:47:45
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Sorcica
Seeker

Denmark
89 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  08:50:34  Show Profile Send Matrix Sorcica a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Stars Are Right!

Go to Top of Page

Fierro
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  10:06:24  Show Profile Send Fierro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markusteay

Thanks.

Hopefully the 5e version have me back in everyone's good graces.

Nice maps Markus.

Edited by - Fierro on 04 Jan 2021 15:33:05
Go to Top of Page

Elren_Wolfsbane
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  20:22:30  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always love the maps Markustay

(starts to pull out the pitch fork for the 4e map. lol :P)

Aa' lasser en`coialle n`natula brown.

(May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown)

-Elren Wolfsbane
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  00:42:26  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

Hopefully the 5e version will have me back in everyone's good graces.

Go to Top of Page

Elren_Wolfsbane
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  00:52:17  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha, you've always been in our good graces. I too hope they come out with a map for 5e soon

Aa' lasser en`coialle n`natula brown.

(May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown)

-Elren Wolfsbane
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  22:14:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I got a new computer for my Birthday Wed., and I've slowly been setting it up with all the files and apps I need (plus trying to remember about a hundred passwords to various sites and Emails). In fact, mods disregard any password requests you got from me (I figured this one out by counting the asterisks). I haven't been pushing too hard to get it done, and while part of that is figuring out what files are 'must haves' (the entirety of the folder marked 'Forgotten Realms' of course), another part was that I was awaiting the new video card I had ordered to go with it. That arrived today. I didn't want to install any hardware accessories (like my camera, drawing tablet, etc) until that was in.

So after much struggling trying to get a massive card into a stock HP case (including having to use wire cutters on the case itself... goodbye warranty LOL), I finally got it seated and then ran into an unexpected problem - I don't have the right power connector. The guy in the store even said I'd need a new one, and I just blew him off. You see, 'clever' me had looked up the specs on my machine before I bought it, and I made sure the stock power supply would work with the new card. What I hadn't counted on was that the stock HP power supply would only have exactly enough outputs for its own, stock devices. The card itself (a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING, 06G-P4-6267-KR, 6GB GDDR5, ACX 3.0 & LED) came with a splitter in case of that problem, but there was no 8 (or even 6) pin PCI connector to split off of. It had ZERO.

So now I get to wait another 3 days for an Amazon delivery to replace the new power supply in my case with another new supply. {sigh}

So what does this have to do with maps? Simple: I haven't really been working on them in about a week because I've been eagerly awaiting playing with them on my new machine. And not having to wait 10 minutes to save a huge file. On the bright side, I will (eventually) be able to do some stuff I haven't played with because of my old computer (stuff I saw Anna Meyer doing, like being able to 'fly over' map terrain in 3D). So, hopefully all this waiting you guys have been doing will pay off, moving forward.

Cheers - Mark

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Sep 2017 22:16:18
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2017 :  01:13:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to this in a big way. Of course I'm going to bug the crap out of you for guidance on how to actually use this map, so you have been warned!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2017 :  02:47:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, now this is pretty funny.

You know how I am constantly getting side-tracked, and starting new maps? Well, today I was working on a side-side-side project (I started about two weeks ago, and it was growing and getting more involved and complex. Today I realized, a LOT of the work I was doing on it was stuff I still needed to do on my MAIN mapping project which has been put on hold for a year now. So I looked at that project, and realized I am working at a resolution 1½ greater than that in the main project.

And part of this project has the southern part of Cormyr, and I have just the right amount of room for all the labels. That means the original project would have been TOO SMALL, even at the ginormous size I already had it. Of course, this problem really only exists in Cormyr - everywhere else I've been able to squeeze everything in.

But why squeeze? So instead of me doing a 'side project', I expanded the area I am mapping to be the first three (it was two) map sections of my Main Project. In other words, I side-projected my way all the way back to the main project.

And Sembia never looked so good, if I do say so m'self.

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Sep 2017 03:03:16
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2017 :  20:45:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I made a big decision (to me) today. I am once-again working on the main project, and its coming along rather nicely. I decided to 'split the difference' between what I had laid-out for the original version, as far as 'smooshing' the the stuff on the west side of Anauroch. What I had was a compromise of sorts, between 3e and older editions. However, that means it didn't really jibe well with what Mike Schley has already done with 5e FR. So now I've taken that and halved the 'warping' (only N>S, not E>W - that remains pristine). THAT decision was actually made a few days ago, and based upon my deciding on the new, even higher resolution for the maps (because I have to divvy-up the continent into bite-sized chunks, each fitting on a 8½ x 11 piece of paper, for easy printing). That means I don't want to have to show TONS of pointless 'wastes' above most of the map just because of annoying Icewind Dale. To be honest, I think WotC might see this and say, "Yeah, lets go with that", because if they ever decide to include maps in anything again (or just have posters to hand-out at Gencon or some-such), MY layout fits better on a rectangle then Ed's originals (and its so subtle most of you aren't even going to notice - its how the 3e map should have been done).

But that is NOT the decision I just came to today. Part of what I am doing is adding lots of non-canon stuff in, something I kept to a minimum before. However, with the DM's guild, this isn't such a big issue anymore. Settlements, lots of tiny forests and lakes, needed river systems, etc. Even tiny islands (islets) everywhere (and BTW, I note Mike Schley did just that with the 5e map - made the coasts far more interesting that way). But once again, this was not the decision I am talking about. All of these 'minor deviations from canon' have slowly been building-up to the point where I now feel comfortable changing canon. Nothing major - nothing at all like my 'Misbegotten Realms'. Little things that needed to be changed, IMHO.

And first up, Veilstone. It was in the wrong spot - everyone knows it. Its time I simply address the elephant in the room and move it someplace more sensible (someplace actually IN Cormyr, for example). Once I sized it properly (my new resolution allows for much smaller locale maps to be included), it didn't even fit where it was supposed to be (over in the NW corner of the Tunlands). So now Cormyr just got a bit more crowded... but not really. I found the ideal spot - even the terrain matches up nicely, and there was nothing else there (mostly). In fact, it was the one place in Cormyr-proper that didn't have anything going on - the area up around the Masoner's Bridge. The only other things around there were a couple of locales from stories, and they still work perfectly. Sized perfectly, terrain-appropriate, empty area, and WITHIN Cormyr - it doesn't get better than that.

Now go kill some lichlings....

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Sep 2017 20:48:12
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2017 :  21:40:30  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to know you're working on the map again. I really want to see the Old Empires area, but feel pressured by my over-eagerness and work at your own pace. You'll have to address that place eventually, so I can wait.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2017 :  00:08:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bounce around. However, my productivity has increased quite a bit lately, so I may actually finish a few things. That, plus a new computer helps.

I WILL be getting back to the Old Empires (and the Nentir Conversion as well), but I just need to finish the rough-in of this new main one. I had to go a little larger with the initial (rough) map to get the roads/rivers right, because of the way I tweaked the layout. On the bright side, that means the map 'to the left' of the Cormyr one ('The Backlands') will be half-finished before I even start it.

Oh, and in case GK is listening/watching - the Cormyr>Impiltur map will now be THREE 8½ x 11 sections, not two. I hate splitting Cormanthor/The Dales in half like that, but I think the end result will be worth it (and you now can see some of the coast on the other side of the Easting Reach - I've used the layout from my 5e world map instead of the old one I had, which means the Unapproachable East maps will still be applicable from 3e... with some minor rotations involved). EDIT: Oh, and The Vast is no longer on the same page as Impiltur, which I also wanted to avoid. However, it would be easy-enough for me to extract 'in-between maps' upon request (so I can cut it apart differently if someone needs it that way... like a designer...)

So Zeromaru, the 5e map - which is the other one you are waiting for - made an impact on this one.

EDIT2: I just checked, and actually, Cormanthor/The Dales falls out much better with this new arrangement - very little gets cut off. The vast falls-out mostly on the Impiltur page, except for the coast, where most of the settlements are.

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Sep 2017 00:15:56
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2017 :  02:43:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always listening/watching. All good. Waiting patiently. Life for all of us gets in the way of this stuff!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2017 :  20:58:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got done re-working The Moonsea (which seems to change shape in every edition, even in the very early ones), which lead to me playing around with Vaasa. I've actually managed to squeeze most of the map from Brian James' article on the area into the existing map, with no rotation. Not sure how that was possible - it seems he hadn't rotated the main river there as much as the 3e maps did elsewhere. Interesting. None of Vaasa will even be seen on the first three I'm releasing, but I have to work all of this out so I don't run into problems moving forward (rivers and roads being the major concern). I never noticed before, there was a road (Dead Man's Walk) going from Moortown in Vaasa to Ilinvuur (Ilinver) in The Ride, so there were actually two passes/trails through those mountains. Because of the fudgery of the 3e maps we had lost one.

I have to say, this 'blending' I'm doing in this region is really working out well - I've used bits of 5 different Moonsea maps to get it just right (so when you look at it, it will still look like the edition of your preference - hows that for some cartographic prestidigitation?)

Beware - I did take some liberties with the River Lis - there has to be some leftover 'carnage' from the 4e era. Whereas I am assuming the Dragonmere (which actually turned into Dragon Lake for a short time) wasn't badly affected because of the shallowness of The Neck (the water receded faster then The Neck could be 'gouged out'), the Moonsea wasn't so lucky. The Lis' silty bottom was too easily washed-away, and the upper part of the River has now become a bay. For a short time, the 'Bell in the Depths' was even visible above the water (Northkeep itself was briefly above the water again), but the Spellplague also seemed to have hastened the melting of nearby glaciers, so as the water levels began to stabilize, the Moonsea refilled within a few years from all that extra thaw run-off (assume all of that happened within the first 20 years or so during the 'lost century'). This all helps explain a LOT of stuff, but mostly because it allowed me to create my 'amalgam Moonsea' and have an in-game explanations for the slight differences (and keep all those wonderful tiny islands Mike Schley created on his Vaasa map).

Maybe I'll have something presentable to put-up later.

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Sep 2017 21:13:23
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2017 :  15:09:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made a rookie mistake yesterday... hadn't saved in several hours. Went to finally save and GIMP crashed.

Aaaaaaaargh.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2017 :  17:11:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Made a rookie mistake yesterday... hadn't saved in several hours. Went to finally save and GIMP crashed.

Aaaaaaaargh.

Does it autosave backup files anywhere? That once saved me, with Word -- though, oddly, it turned out that Word would not open its own backup file. I had to open with Notepad and copy back to Word, to save a couple hours' work. (This was many years ago, and a lesson learned!)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2017 :  03:31:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It crashed AGAIN. I think its a memory problem - the files I am working with are too large. I haven't yet fully migrated to my new computer (the idea of finding and loading in all those fonts and textures again scares me LOL), but I guess I need to just take the plunge tomorrow. This old machine just can't handle it anymore. I'll just use it as a server on my network, so I don't have to transfer-over non-vital stuff, like all my po... pony pics.

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Sep 2017 23:12:29
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2017 :  04:35:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It crashed AGAIN. I think its a memory problem - the files I am working with are too large. I haven't yet fully migrated to my new computer (the idea of finding and loading in all those fonts and textures again scares me LOL), but I guess I need to just take the plunge tomorrow. This old machine just can handle it anymore. I'll just use it as a server on my network, so I don't have to transfer-over non-vital stuff, like all my po... pony pics.

I'd admit to a lot of things before admitting I was a Brony.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2017 :  23:16:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just crashed again. UGH

Waiting for a new adapter wire in the mail before I fully migrate to the new machine (I need to convert SATA to micro-SATA, because the Power Supply I bought didn't come with adapters). It should have been here already - I need to go check the mailbox again.

At least now I am saving every 5 minutes, so all I lost was one really long path (sorry River Ashaba... we hardly knew ye).

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2017 :  23:53:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I figured-out the cause - the FR Wiki. If I have that open, it causes GIMP's path tool to crash GIMP. I knew the FR-Wiki was a resource pig, but I didn't know it was also vampiric.

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Sep 2017 23:53:39
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  14:40:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It all seems to lead back to Adobe and Flash. GIMP runs entirely on Flash (I think), and any sites that run lots of ads will do it.

And that shouldn't be a problem at all if I could just get my new video card working in my new computer. Seems I have 'a rare compatibility issue'. Grrrrrrrr...

So now I have beautiful new computer, and a $300 paperweight.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  15:39:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It all seems to lead back to Adobe and Flash. GIMP runs entirely on Flash (I think), and any sites that run lots of ads will do it.

And that shouldn't be a problem at all if I could just get my new video card working in my new computer. Seems I have 'a rare compatibility issue'. Grrrrrrrr...

So now I have beautiful new computer, and a $300 paperweight.

I assume you've gone to the manufacturer's site for the most recent drivers?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  17:45:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and thats the problem. I had it working... BRIEFLY... and then windows decided it needed to "install the latest drivers". Windows 10 is a NIGHTMARE. The latest drivers won't work on my machine (like I said, its a weird compatibility issue), so I need to use an older driver. The problem is, it does this automatically, and the issue is causing windows to crash as soon as it loads. There is a fix I read about online, but I have to go into the BIOS and disable 'fast load' of Windows, but in windows 10, you can ONLY enter the BIOS through Windows!!! (and I'd like to put my hands around the throat of whatever asshat engineer thought THAT was good idea!)

On some machines you can still enter BIOS other ways, but not on my shiny new HP - instead I can only enter their own, PROPRIETY front-end, which doesn't let you actually enter the BIOS, just look at it and say hello (and change a couple of extremely basic things, like power usage, etc). So between the brand comp., brand Vid card, and Windows 10, I am pulling my hair out. I have one last thing to try, otherwise I am sending this damn thing back to Amazon.

Gonna have to pull the card out and try booting to windows (and then to BIOS) that way, so windows doesn't crash, try changing my BIOS, and THEN putting the card back in. Because of how honkin' huge the card is, and the limited space in the factory PC, I have to unplug a bunch of crap just to get it in and out, and I've already broken the connector for my SATA cable that way (so on my brand spanking new computer I have a broken CD drive I never even got to use... which is whole 'nother headache, because I had to hook-up an old CD drive just to load the drivers off a disc). My pretty new computer looks like Frankenstein at this point, with an an old drive hanging off the side of it.

But if I can get it working, it will be DA BOMB.
I'll basically be able to run games made by guys who haven't even been born yet.

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Sep 2017 06:46:57
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  22:13:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So here I am, working on a city map (thats nearing completion), and I started thinking about the cemetery...

And at the same time, I am reading The Haunted Lands trilogy - I'm just getting past the war as of today (its been VERY slow going). In it, the problem arises that has come up hundreds (probably more like thousands, that we never heard about it) of times: Why the freak are people still burying their dead? SERIOUSLY - you live in a world with necromancers, and sometimes the graveyards are INSIDE the damn city walls!

I'm sorry, but in FR, it must be fairly simple to be a Mage - we have to wave the minimum Int score rule, because there can't possibly be a single IQ over 90 in The Realms. I simply CANNOT bring myself to do a cemetery. I CAN'T. No-one would ever build one in a world like this!

"Hey, lets bury our dead, that way, the next time some evil Wizard is in town, we get to see grandma again..."

NOPE... not having none of that.
Cremation should be a law... with a death-penalty attached if anyone broke it. You may as well invite that tribe of Orcs down from the mountains for a party.

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Sep 2017 22:15:53
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  22:51:35  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, they mocked this in Dragon Age. In that setting, people cremate their deaths just for this possibility (only in one place people entomb their dead people, and they do so in a necropolis sealed to the outside world and guarded by an order of mages and soldiers). And they this not only because the law enforces this, but also because the religion made people conscious of the possibility of attacks from the undead.

As for people in the Realms... well, I can only blame religion.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 29 Sep 2017 22:53:27
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  22:57:50  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point. Perhaps magic, as part of the burial rights, wards against such. Maybe necromancy works on those who have been dead long enough (bones rotted away to calcium deposits which aren't magically protected), wasn't given said ritual rights, and/or part of the necromantic art requires circumvention as a foundation for all the spells (and being a largely forbidden school, the burial rights aren't updated at the same pace) depending on the kind of dead raised.

In the West, cemeteries came to widespread use specifically because of the Christian belief of resurrection. We see cemeteries outside and beyond that, but that certainly popularized it. A deities' blessing in a world like FR over the dead could go a long way towards prevention. If an early deity oversaw that aspect and was killed, passed their power off, etc. in an event that wasn't recorded then it might have become a widespread tradition that, outside of arcane and historical circles, hasn't been given a reason to question if it still works until that rare necromancer comes along.

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  23:29:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So here I am, working on a city map (thats nearing completion), and I started thinking about the cemetery...

And at the same time, I am reading The Haunted Lands trilogy - I'm just getting past the war as of today (its been VERY slow going). In it, the problem arises that has come up hundreds (probably more like thousands, that we never heard about it) of times: Why the freak are people still burying their dead? SERIOUSLY - you live in a world with necromancers, and sometimes the graveyards are INSIDE the damn city walls!

I'm sorry, but in FR, it must be fairly simple to be a Mage - we have to wave the minimum Int score rule, because there can't possibly be a single IQ over 90 in The Realms. I simply CANNOT bring myself to do a cemetery. I CAN'T. No-one would ever build one in a world like this!

"Hey, lets bury our dead, that way, the next time some evil Wizard is in town, we get to see grandma again..."

NOPE... not having none of that.
Cremation should be a law... with a death-penalty attached if anyone broke it. You may as well invite that tribe of Orcs down from the mountains for a party.

They don't bury dead in Impiltur. Everyone gets cremated. The "Cleansing Fire" of the Triad.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000