Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Clan Hune, Illythiir, Illehune, Gargauth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2020 :  15:46:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Only Bwimb and Moander were (still are, in the case of Moander, I guess) his allies. The rest are listed under foes.

Not in my copy, as the aforementioned list is a cut and paste.. That being said, I'm looking at a PDF, and my real books I don't see on the shelf (so they must be packed away OR they got stolen/lost). Worryingly I don't see F&A, P&P, demihuman deities, or monster mythology on my shelf, so I hope they're in a box.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2020 :  16:20:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

Only Bwimb and Moander were (still are, in the case of Moander, I guess) his allies. The rest are listed under foes.

Not in my copy, as the aforementioned list is a cut and paste.. That being said, I'm looking at a PDF, and my real books I don't see on the shelf (so they must be packed away OR they got stolen/lost). Worryingly I don't see F&A, P&P, demihuman deities, or monster mythology on my shelf, so I hope they're in a box.

Odd. I just checked my copy, and it does indeed differentiate between Allies and Foes... But I can't copy/paste from it. My pdf is a scan I got from Paizo in 2005, when the WotC/TSR pdfs were available through them (and before all pdfs were yanked in response to 4E books being pirated), and it is most definitely not OCR'ed.

Still irked about WotC doing that. Now, if I want to get a better copy of that pdf, I've got to purchase it again -- even though I already purchased it once.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Nov 2020 16:30:01
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2020 :  21:49:22  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
quote:

Odd. I just checked my copy, and it does indeed differentiate between Allies and Foes... But I can't copy/paste from it. My pdf is a scan I got from Paizo in 2005, when the WotC/TSR pdfs were available through them (and before all pdfs were yanked in response to 4E books being pirated), and it is most definitely not OCR'ed.

Still irked about WotC doing that. Now, if I want to get a better copy of that pdf, I've got to purchase it again -- even though I already purchased it once.

Yeah, Irennan and Wooly are correct. Here's a snapshot from my print 1998 copy of Demihuman Deities.

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 04 Nov 2020 21:51:52
Go to Top of Page

Tigon
Acolyte

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2020 :  23:31:49  Show Profile Send Tigon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAHA! The game is afoot once again!!!
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2020 :  02:53:21  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I almost got super sidelined thinking about how Gargauth would be an ally, but yeah it's definitely a formatting issue that got sleyvas caught up.

SO YEAH? Gargauth as an enemy of the Eye is EXTREMELY random! I couldn't find an explanation of it anywhere, and The Drow of the Underdark (if that is the only entry of the term) gives still no backstory for Gormauth Souldrinker! I gotta say it certainly sounds like a title a Fiend in the Hells would have.. can you imagine? Ghaunadaur, somehow stealing a title from this odd-one-out archdevil. Gargauth loses access to some obscure source of power. Gargauth gets booted out of the Hells. Ghaunadaur gains power. Seriously WHAT is the relationship between these two- it seems completely unexplained! Other than cults v cults and demons v devils..

....I will have to dive back into Cloak and Dagger because I don't recall.. Has published content ever listed the date when Gargauth was removed from his position in the Hells? Can you imagine if it lined up with an obscure power grab by the Eye?

..also with the formatting controversy out of the way..
quote:
If Gargauth is tied in with Clan Hune (which I believe is responsible for the Calimshan Crystal and the Living Gem Wars and all of that nonsense due to their hidden temple to Ghaunadaur in the region which was then raided by a certain wizard ages later) then I am even more fascinated with Gargauth's relationship to Ghaunadaur...

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Edited by - PattPlays on 05 Nov 2020 02:54:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000