Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2021 :  12:56:50  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He Seethyr, how have you been? Work rearing its head?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Antanael
Acolyte

France
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2021 :  16:55:20  Show Profile Send Antanael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, quick question : does any of you know the discovery date of Maztica by Balduran (1st one to go from Faerum to Maztica if I'm correct) ?
I can't find it in any "canon" book or on the web. I have the one from Cordell's expedition (1361 CV) but nothing else...

And @Seethyr : did you get the opportunity to dig into your archives and see if you find any materials about your "Pirates islands" stuff ?

Thanks !
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  23:34:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe its ever been made official. I didn't search real hard though.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  05:08:24  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antanael

Hello, quick question : does any of you know the discovery date of Maztica by Balduran (1st one to go from Faerum to Maztica if I'm correct) ?
I can't find it in any "canon" book or on the web. I have the one from Cordell's expedition (1361 CV) but nothing else...

And @Seethyr : did you get the opportunity to dig into your archives and see if you find any materials about your "Pirates islands" stuff ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately I have no news on either front here. Funny thing when I was writing the Anchorome Campaign Guide is that the lack of a date for Baldurans expedition is one of the reasons I never included a GhotR style timeline. Perhaps it has the date somewhere in Gold and Glory or maybe somewhere in a published history of Baldur’s Gate even but otherwise I’m unsure.

That book is also gone forever. I have no idea what I did with the files! Ugh.

Anyway, I did do a major update to Lopango this week. It still doesn’t have new monsters but it’s a huge improvement over the former version.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/174537

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  13:45:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

Thanks !

Unfortunately I have no news on either front here. Funny thing when I was writing the Anchorome Campaign Guide is that the lack of a date for Baldurans expedition is one of the reasons I never included a GhotR style timeline. Perhaps it has the date somewhere in Gold and Glory or maybe somewhere in a published history of Baldur’s Gate even but otherwise I’m unsure.

Anyway, I did do a major update to Lopango this week. It still doesn’t have new monsters but it’s a huge improvement over the former version.

Downloading to see what's the latest. You may want to note a change on that page to list LP as a new product guide (i.e. see below)

MZC, ANC, etc: The main campaign guides for subregions of the True World Campaign. In this case representing the "Maztica Campaign Guide" and "Anchôromé Campign Guide" respectively.

MZS, ANS, etc: The "S" is used to represent major supplements, whether they are a monster manual for each campaign or a major regional supplement.

MZA, ANA, etc: The "A" in this case is used to represent a dedicated campaign adventure.

MZM, ANM, etc: Small, article sized supplements are tagged with the letter "M."

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  00:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

quote:

Thanks !

Downloading to see what's the latest. You may want to note a change on that page to list LP as a new product guide (i.e. see below)

MZC, ANC, etc: The main campaign guides for subregions of the True World Campaign. In this case representing the "Maztica Campaign Guide" and "Anchôromé Campign Guide" respectively.

MZS, ANS, etc: The "S" is used to represent major supplements, whether they are a monster manual for each campaign or a major regional supplement.

MZA, ANA, etc: The "A" in this case is used to represent a dedicated campaign adventure.

That’s a really good idea, I am waiting to build up a little more Lopango material before I do so though. I have a few ideas coming up including Kuntur Rapa (home of phoelarchs and their condor shapes phoenix semi-deity) and something on Qhaix Vok (dimensional warper hidden enclave). Here’s a small article I wrote on twin serpents based in Mapuche legend.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/383575

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  02:22:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks !

That’s a really good idea, I am waiting to build up a little more Lopango material before I do so though. I have a few ideas coming up including Kuntur Rapa (home of phoelarchs and their condor shapes phoenix semi-deity) and something on Qhaix Vok (dimensional warper hidden enclave). Here’s a small article I wrote on twin serpents based in Mapuche legend.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/383575

That's funny, I literally started thinking about twin dragons in the last two days, and you already have an article ready for twin serpents.

I am interested to see your take on Kuntur Rapa.

By the way, got an idea. You don't need to do it if you don't want to.. I know you're doing a phoenix based area. Mind throwing in a statement something like "While this phoenix is unusual for its condor like shape, it is not the only unusual phoenix believed to be found in this area of the world. The jungle orcs tell tales of a land on the continent to the south. Known as the Wakanari Highlands, this land reputedly is led by the Council of the Reborn Phoenix. Its said that this council consists of at least three Phoenii, one of which appears like a great blue peacock of brilliant fire, another a deep crimson fired eagle, and a third which appears as a great parrot."

I really want to get around to developing mine as well, and I think it might be kind of interesting if you develop yours first so I can see it and definitely go in a DIFFERENT direction with mine. I know mine will have a very odd mixture of things like cat folk, sphinxes, unusual griffins, bird folk, tiny mouse folk, and some flower people. The sphinxes will be "the voices of the council".... or basically the beings that do the day to day rule. I plan to have some unusual sphinxes that are actually on the council as well, some with some kind of affinity to fire (fiery mane and wings.... reminiscent of Nobanion and named Nobanu for instance).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  03:21:28  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's funny, I literally started thinking about twin dragons in the last two days, and you already have an article ready for twin serpents.

Yeah I actually wrote something about them a decade ago, I just couldn’t organize my thoughts well enough at the time to make it make sense. After really researching the Mapuche story, I realized it went well with the whole flood Lopango concept.

quote:

I actually have some motivation to continue working on this one. It has started off as a nice little regional supplement, kind of like Blacktoe or the Land of the Insect Men.

quote:

By the way, got an idea. You don't need to do it if you don't want to.. I know you're doing a phoenix based area. Mind throwing in a statement something like "While this phoenix is unusual for its condor like shape, it is not the only unusual phoenix believed to be found in this area of the world. The jungle orcs tell tales of a land on the continent to the south. Known as the Wakanari Highlands, this land reputedly is led by the Council of the Reborn Phoenix. Its said that this council consists of at least three Phoenii, one of which appears like a great blue peacock of brilliant fire, another a deep crimson fired eagle, and a third which appears as a great parrot."

Of course I will. I’ll use that quote almost directly if you’d like.

quote:

I really want to get around to developing mine as well, and I think it might be kind of interesting if you develop yours first so I can see it and definitely go in a DIFFERENT direction with mine. I know mine will have a very odd mixture of things like cat folk, sphinxes, unusual griffins, bird folk, tiny mouse folk, and some flower people. The sphinxes will be "the voices of the council".... or basically the beings that do the day to day rule. I plan to have some unusual sphinxes that are actually on the council as well, some with some kind of affinity to fire (fiery mane and wings.... reminiscent of Nobanion and named Nobanu for instance).

Do you mean in Kuntur Rapa or elsewhere in Lopango? I always try to keep consistent with your writing.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  14:52:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah I actually wrote something about them a decade ago, I just couldn’t organize my thoughts well enough at the time to make it make sense. After really researching the Mapuche story, I realized it went well with the whole flood Lopango concept.

quote:

I actually have some motivation to continue working on this one. It has started off as a nice little regional supplement, kind of like Blacktoe or the Land of the Insect Men.

quote:

Of course I will. I’ll use that quote almost directly if you’d like.

quote:

Do you mean in Kuntur Rapa or elsewhere in Lopango? I always try to keep consistent with your writing.

It will be in Katashaka. I kind of started redoing my Katashaka map when I started to want to shrink my United Tharchs areas of control. I also need to work on my copy of campaign cartographer as something went bad and I had to reinstall it, so that's why some of the white X's. It will be the area on the midwestern side circled in red. Think something like Thay's escarpment, but in something like a spiral going up. Castle sized Earthmotes dot the sky in a few dozen spots, and many of the flying beings live there and rule on high (thus the "Highlands"). Lots of lakes and water, and there may be a complex series of dams which hold the water back like locks into the upper portions. Enlightened beast folk live here with understanding of magic and science both, but they've known little of humanity over the past centuries (until the past century mainly).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19SWsv1wSbEyH3AvGqRMzQmJCG50E_6-c/view?usp=sharing

Oh, the area to the east of it that looks decimated, it's called "Skystrike Pass", and its an area that long ago was struck by numerous falling rocks from the sky (which possibly CAUSED that seismic disturbances that created the Wakanari Highlands to the west of it). Its a wasteland full of some kind of "radioactive" type effect on those who enter it.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 17 Jan 2022 15:02:02
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2022 :  03:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool stuff on Katashaka. Talk about an untouched place and one that never will be by Wotc... I always wanted to run an adventure based on Ghost and the Darkness there. I’m looking forward to more of that map.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2022 :  13:15:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cool stuff on Katashaka. Talk about an untouched place and one that never will be by Wotc... I always wanted to run an adventure based on Ghost and the Darkness there. I’m looking forward to more of that map.

Well, my devotions right now are

1) finish my amber dragons of anchorome and their influence on the cultures of the adusgi forest and nearby environs (which is using a tangential thread to flesh out in a small way several cultures in the area)

2) Do an article on the United Tharchs based on Luneira, the "repurposed" Netherese enclave of doubloon, that was brought into space by the Nimbraii. Part of this will actually delve my concepts of the moon and its inhabitants and maybe give some idea of its "locations". All in my head right now, other than having made a picture of the enclave and my notes here and there that I need to collect first.

3) Do an article on the United Tharchs, on the cliffside city of Peleverai, its history, what it went through while in Abeir, and how it has affected some of the surrounding regions of Faerun with the return to Toril (this will also touch on Chessenta in a small way and the wizard's reach in a small way... and maybe a few other things).

4) Do an article on the United Tharchs based on Lopango OR Balduran Bay's enclave and the isle of Refugee's Retreat which has become its new capital OR head into Katashaka for my tharchs of the Western Pridelands and New Eltabbar

I'm pretty certain before I get all that done, some other idea will seize my interest and drag me into it, but essentially, I probably won't make it to Katashaka for a while. So, meanwhile, I'll keep throwing out general concepts and fleshing it out in the background. Of course, married life, raising kids, work, maintaining friendships, occasionally gaming, and other things in life will all come before that.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2022 :  01:42:15  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

1) finish my amber dragons of anchorome and their influence on the cultures of the adusgi forest and nearby environs (which is using a tangential thread to flesh out in a small way several cultures in the area)

2) Do an article on the United Tharchs based on Luneira, the "repurposed" Netherese enclave of doubloon, that was brought into space by the Nimbraii. Part of this will actually delve my concepts of the moon and its inhabitants and maybe give some idea of its "locations". All in my head right now, other than having made a picture of the enclave and my notes here and there that I need to collect first.

3) Do an article on the United Tharchs, on the cliffside city of Peleverai, its history, what it went through while in Abeir, and how it has affected some of the surrounding regions of Faerun with the return to Toril (this will also touch on Chessenta in a small way and the wizard's reach in a small way... and maybe a few other things).

4) Do an article on the United Tharchs based on Lopango OR Balduran Bay's enclave and the isle of Refugee's Retreat which has become its new capital OR head into Katashaka for my tharchs of the Western Pridelands and New Eltabbar

I'm pretty certain before I get all that done, some other idea will seize my interest and drag me into it, but essentially, I probably won't make it to Katashaka for a while. So, meanwhile, I'll keep throwing out general concepts and fleshing it out in the background. Of course, married life, raising kids, work, maintaining friendships, occasionally gaming, and other things in life will all come before that.

I hear ya on life getting in the way.

Right now, I have started to become laser-focused on a Lopangan monster manual myself. In the art gathering phase at the moment.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2022 :  13:02:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I hear ya on life getting in the way.

Right now, I have started to become laser-focused on a Lopangan monster manual myself. In the art gathering phase at the moment.

Want a hippopotamoose or flying hippopotamoose? (j/k I made those as a lark, though you ARE welcome to them)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5196001
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5196021

BTW, I realized after showing that map... I thought I had made more. I found the updated file. I took some time last night and put that Katashaka and Laerakond map which is about 75% filled in (lower portions of Katashaka left blank) onto the one I made of Maztica, Anchorome, Lopango. The new addition isn't as crisp looking, and I may try to see if I can make it prettier, but I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to get it to you (it won't email as its over 200 meg.... might be able to stick it in google drive). Before I do that though, after looking at the polar stuff yesterday on the atlas, I think I'll connect the two continents in the top quadrant, as that's kind of how they look in FRIA if you use the globe.

Anyway, not sure if it might help you or not, but I've left a lot of unnamed villages and places that I just gave a name to but have little to no plans for as yet, kind of like I did with Lopango.

EDIT: check your email. I sent you a link to a map of just Katashaka.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 19 Jan 2022 16:28:51
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2022 :  03:22:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check your mail again. Katashaka added to the Lopango/Maztica/Anchorome/Laerakond map. Below is a snippet using snipping tool at a VERY high level of it (which I find makes for good background in some pictures.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXL0YDhbn0VbaC8SYL6zIsT2IfBuGZSf/view?usp=sharing

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2022 :  03:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a new thought recently tied to Zeromaru’s and Sleyvas’ thoughts about dragons in Maztica and the True Workd in general. At some point I might try to develop this.

In the old Mind’s Eye articles there was a mention of obsidian dragons led by their own thane (what would now after Fizban’s likely be called a “greatwyrm” named Seradess.

She was ambitious and though I have to read the lore again, I believe she betrayed Sardior in some way.

Perhaps she could become a menace in Maztica but for a very specific reason. I mean, plumastone is a very hard, steel-strength version of obsidian. Imagine if Seradess was seeking out the secrets of plumastone in order to wield it against Sardior’s other thanes? Perhaps she believes somehow infusing it into her body could give her a power boost of some sort? This would be a great reason to have her arrive in Maztica and possibly head towards Tewahca (the City of the Gods where the most pure plumastone is canonically found). There’s an adventure in there somewhere though killing her would only be a goal for the highest of tiers of play.

PS Sleyvas. I’m sending you another email. That map is turbo charging all sorts of ideas.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 25 Jan 2022 03:58:19
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2022 :  12:03:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I had a new thought recently tied to Zeromaru’s and Sleyvas’ thoughts about dragons in Maztica and the True Workd in general. At some point I might try to develop this.

In the old Mind’s Eye articles there was a mention of obsidian dragons led by their own thane (what would now after Fizban’s likely be called a “greatwyrm” named Seradess.

She was ambitious and though I have to read the lore again, I believe she betrayed Sardior in some way.

Perhaps she could become a menace in Maztica but for a very specific reason. I mean, plumastone is a very hard, steel-strength version of obsidian. Imagine if Seradess was seeking out the secrets of plumastone in order to wield it against Sardior’s other thanes? Perhaps she believes somehow infusing it into her body could give her a power boost of some sort? This would be a great reason to have her arrive in Maztica and possibly head towards Tewahca (the City of the Gods where the most pure plumastone is canonically found). There’s an adventure in there somewhere though killing her would only be a goal for the highest of tiers of play.

PS Sleyvas. I’m sending you another email. That map is turbo charging all sorts of ideas.

Great minds think alike. It was implied that she betrayed Sardior, but not necessarily that she was "wrong" in doing so. However, it was somewhat implied that obsidian dragons now might be evil due to resentment of that treatment.

And on plumastone.... obsidian dragons that merged with the land of Maztica.... or maybe were FORCED to merge with the land not of their free will. Sleeping in the earth, their influence may have been felt in the obsidian nearby. Obsidian being in volcanic regions would make this a good addition to possibly Lopango. Maybe they can be reawakened.

Not sure how, but .... Zaltec wielded a maca of night or something like that as well, when he "killed Maztica"... could try to link it into the story of the fall of Maztica.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2022 :  14:13:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

On that map front, in my notes, I've had ideas for like probably 40+ races in various areas, just to give an idea of what a region might look like to a visitor. I may take that map and kind of draw circles on it and put names to the types of creatures I see there in overview. For instance, while certain areas have "cat folk" they may be of multiple varieties (tabaxi, leonin <calling themselves lenastan>, and rakasta <calling themselves Tigran>)... but others might have leonin and wemics and lamia... all lion folk..., but not the other varieties

I had originally tried to do this with images inside of CC3+ but they didn't turn out so well. I may actually just edit in a paint program from here on out on the existing map and add creatures as an overlay. Will play with that today hopefully, but otherwise lists of creatures to a region that I'll circle.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2022 :  18:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the recent update on Lopango, I figured it is most certainly time for some supplements. Of course plans change, but for now here is what's on the agenda for upcoming articles and supplements.

Monsters of Lopango: A full monster manual with creatures pulled from a variety of south American sources, most of which have never been seen before. There will also be some updates to creatures from past editions that fit the setting in one way or another.

Here is a WIP for Monsters of Lopango

Flamelords of Kuntur Rapa: In the eastern portion of Lopango a society has formed within a volcano centered on a condor shaped unique phoenix. There will be sollux (giants from Dragonlance), phoelarchs, humans and other races here and the main antagonist will be Bazim-Gorag.

Qhaix Xok: A settlement of dimensional warpers. The book will delve into their society, origins and desires in Lopango. I have included the first few paragraphs of the book below.

It will take many months, but I do hope to get all three of these complete.

Qhaix Xok

Find a secret place and be unreachable! And then, in the silence of solitude, the things you cannot reach in the crowds will meet you there!
-Mehmet Murat Ildan

About
This article describes the very secretive location known as Qhaix Xok. It is a sizable outpost of the enigmatic beings known as dimensional warpers, who were first introduced in the **Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (MC11)** in 1991 and have since only made an official (albeit short) appearance in the 1998 Forgotten Realms adventure **For Duty and Deity**.

According to their original description, the dimensional warper society was “based entirely on seeking knowledge,” and that “no one has ever seen the home of a warper.” In this book, both of those assumptions will be examined and challenged.

Qhaix Xok is nominally set in the Forgotten Realms in a land known as Lopango, but this article is designed so that it can be placed almost anywhere. Portions of the article that refer to Lopango and Realms specific locations, people or events can easily be changed to suit a DM’s own personal needs.

The Outpost

In the southern reaches of the Lopangan jungles at the edge of a small mountain chain lies an old abandoned Natican outpost. The occasional predator roams its overgrown pathways but the sentient races of Lopango simply have no reason to visit. Out of the way and unappealing - that is exactly how it’s true inhabitants known as the dimensional warpers like it.

Qhaix Xok is not the ruin itself, but is rather set just behind it inside a sheer cliff with no apparent entrance. The dimensional warpers, who actually refer to themselves as Xeaqe (SEE-ak), are masters of spacial manipulation and do not require standard doorways.

The Xeaqe are capable of altering their dimensions so that they are no taller than a sheet a vellum and in this form they can enter their cubic outpost through a similarly shaped opening. In fact, there are no doors in the normal sense of the word in Qhaix Xok and the warpers move from chamber to chamber only while in their two dimensional form.

Between chambers, there are walls many feet thick with only the slightest seam indicating rooms are connected at all. Beings who do not share the Xeaqe’s supernatural ability have very few options for passage without the express assistance of a warper ally.

Qhaix Xok is a large community with well over a hundred dimensional warpers. This may be the largest gathering of such creatures in Toril’s history.

Why are they here? Well to further their knowledge of course? But has that always been the sole motivation for the Xeaqe?

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 28 Jan 2022 20:01:53
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2022 :  01:56:44  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick Update of projects that are in the idea phase and links to the three that I have done a little work on already. This will be the most updated version and I will return here often with updated WIPs of each book. I am going broke paying for art even though it is mostly Shutterstock stock art, but I feel like the books deserve it.

1. LPS1 Monsters of Lopango: This book should eventually have over 50 monsters, about a dozen of which are done already. Monsters are taken from South American mythology and a helping of Lopango specific lore.

2. LPS2 Flamelords of Kuntur Rapa: A regional guide centering on a volcano and its environs. Azer and their azerblooded descendants, firy giants known as sollux, phoelarch and phoera, and a new race of dragonborn live in relative harmony keeping the azer forged workings of a carefully crafted venting system up and running while enemies hope to destroy the balance.

3. LPM2 Qhaix Xok: A guide to dimensional warpers and the outpost they have constructed hidden in the southwestern mountains of Lopango. Note that the cover to this is just has a sketch from the artist I hired which will obviously be updated.

A few other books that I have been collecting notes over are for the following.

4. MZS4 The Maztican Underdark: This will be a guide specifically tailored to its namesake and will be written much in the same manner as the 3e supplement "Underdark."

5. ANS5 Avian Kingdoms: A book on the aearee and birdfolk of the realms. A significant chunk will be dedicated to the last remaining refuge of the aearee in northwestern Anchorome.

6. MZA7 Plumastone and the Dragon: An adventure for Maztica where the ancient obsidian thane Seradess (of Sardior) attempts to make use of Maztica's abundant plumastone.

So as you can see the current focus is on getting some Lopango content but certainly not abandoning the Maztica or Anchorome. There might also be an adventure brewing at some point, but I haven't thought of a good story arc yet. The Land of Men with Tails from Dungeon Magazine seems like a good adventure to adapt to Lopango with some major changes to monsters and other antagonists.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 04 Feb 2022 01:59:03
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2022 :  13:02:33  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Quick Update of projects that are in the idea phase and links to the three that I have done a little work on already. This will be the most updated version and I will return here often with updated WIPs of each book. I am going broke paying for art even though it is mostly Shutterstock stock art, but I feel like the books deserve it.

1. LPS1 Monsters of Lopango: This book should eventually have over 50 monsters, about a dozen of which are done already. Monsters are taken from South American mythology and a helping of Lopango specific lore.

2. LPS2 Flamelords of Kuntur Rapa: A regional guide centering on a volcano and its environs. Azer and their azerblooded descendants, firy giants known as sollux, phoelarch and phoera, and a new race of dragonborn live in relative harmony keeping the azer forged workings of a carefully crafted venting system up and running while enemies hope to destroy the balance.

3. LPM2 Qhaix Xok: A guide to dimensional warpers and the outpost they have constructed hidden in the southwestern mountains of Lopango. Note that the cover to this is just has a sketch from the artist I hired which will obviously be updated.

A few other books that I have been collecting notes over are for the following.

4. MZS4 The Maztican Underdark: This will be a guide specifically tailored to its namesake and will be written much in the same manner as the 3e supplement "Underdark."

5. ANS5 Avian Kingdoms: A book on the aearee and birdfolk of the realms. A significant chunk will be dedicated to the last remaining refuge of the aearee in northwestern Anchorome.

6. MZA7 Plumastone and the Dragon: An adventure for Maztica where the ancient obsidian thane Seradess (of Sardior) attempts to make use of Maztica's abundant plumastone.

So as you can see the current focus is on getting some Lopango content but certainly not abandoning the Maztica or Anchorome. There might also be an adventure brewing at some point, but I haven't thought of a good story arc yet. The Land of Men with Tails from Dungeon Magazine seems like a good adventure to adapt to Lopango with some major changes to monsters and other antagonists.

Hey,on the idea of the Maztican Underdark, an idea just occurred to me that might be useful to you for just planning things out. I know that having a map in front of you can sometimes just open up the ideas. So, if you wanted to, there's a free program called paint.net out there (it works similar to Microsoft paint, the main difference being if you have a selection made you can't effect anything outside that selection, and to deselect an area press Ctrl +D... once I realized that the program became easy). In it, you can add a separate layer and add things there, and then turn on and off viewing lower layers, or move one layer below another. If you save the drawing as a PDN (paint.net's default format), it keeps the layers in place, so you can close it and open it to add to it over time.

I'm thinking with that idea, you could take the aboveground map and create a layer that you place above that. Name that layer Underdark, and then use the magic wand to select the continent and paste it into a new layer that you call "black continent" or "white continent". Use the bucket then to turn the selection you just pasted black (or white). Move the Underdark layer above that, and you can then just place placehold references like a dot and a site name, so that you have a basic layout and idea of "hey this is below this civilization, below these mountains, below this lake, etc.....". In doing this, its not so much using it to make a final map, but helping you place things while you plan.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2022 :  17:58:55  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That’s excellent. I mean, the learning curve will probably take some time. I still can’t figure out Inkarnate very well but I will give it a try when the time comes. What it might eventually lead to is a map similar to the black map in the Underdark supplement.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2022 :  17:09:08  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That’s excellent. I mean, the learning curve will probably take some time. I still can’t figure out Inkarnate very well but I will give it a try when the time comes. What it might eventually lead to is a map similar to the black map in the Underdark supplement.

Just to see if I wasn't leading you down a wrong path, because I hadn't actually tried it, I just took my Katashaka map and played with it to make a white background of the continent itself and then just showed some tunnels and a lake. Then I took a picture real quick. I'll detail the steps after I show the picture.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJH2cxQrA5moBL9PN_gBdKJKL7el_UwW/view?usp=sharing

First, I opened the map PNG file. I then used the magic wand to click the ocean water. I played with the tolerance until I just had water (I think I hit that at 24%, but when I use the wand I'm always playing with the tolerance number to make it capture what I want). I know that seem odd since what we want is the continent. I then pasted into a new image. I noted that it had followed the rivers into the interior of the continent. I picked the wand again on the new drawing and clicked where the empty space was, then paint bucket white into there (I tried black first, realized afterward white is better). I then click the paint brush, change its size to huge (like 400) and just color in the interior rivers and lakes white. I now have a solid white continent.

Wand again, click the white continent. Go back to the original drawing (which we've changed nothing, just did a select then copy/paste into new image so far). In the original drawing do "paste into new layer". Name that layer underdark base (I skipped that). I then magic wanded the area around the continent and just pasted in blue to show the ocean. Then go to the original layer of the drawing and do layer > layer properties and change opacity to a relatively low number and move that layer ABOVE the underdark base layer. You could then EITHER draw directly on the underdark base layer.... OR EVEN BETTER.... make 3 new layers and call them upperdark, middledark and lowerdark. Then you could draw in the specific layer of the underdark in which you picture something existing. You could then have 3 separate underdark drawings for each "layer" of the underdark by just turning off layers (unchecking them), OR you could show all 3 on one map IF you wanted (an idea there could be something like having different colored tunnels on different layers.) I didn't go that far in this screenshot. I just drew directly on the base..... that being said, this has given me some ideas for both Katashaka AND Peleveran maps in the doing of this (more Peleveran of which I've mostly only done 3d views so far but since its a city built into canyon cliffs it could be interesting to see it going into the underdark).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2022 :  03:45:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to go ahead and make the base underdark one that covers all of Anchorome, Maztica, Lopango, and Katashaka (so basically a bottom layer of those continents that's white, with the overlay of the surface with about 15 percent total opacity). In between those two layers are 3 other layers for upper, middle, and lowerdark. It's saved as a PDN version format, so it only works with paint.net. If you do decide to try downloading that program and want a copy to start planning with, just give a yell. I'll throw it up for you to download. The file itself is 355 meg, so I'm definitely not emailing it, but space is getting to where it costs pretty much nothing nowadays.

You got me thinking about icons for underdark cities. Most of the city icons are surface ones.... not really caverns like you'd see for a drow, duergar, etc.. city. It might be something where we put creature pictures instead, as we can find those easier or make them. I might actually be able to make some cities in 3d without a lot of detail as welljust to make icons from various angles..... stick hanging stalactites, etc... show a waterfall, etc...

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2022 :  21:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Making some slow progress on Monster of Lopango

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eihzgq_d2P9HGU9f8QDwpcm9A-WfYuu6/view?usp=drivesdk

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2022 :  23:41:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Making some slow progress on Monster of Lopango

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eihzgq_d2P9HGU9f8QDwpcm9A-WfYuu6/view?usp=drivesdk

Speaking of the Gold Clad Giant Kings, mind making one who was humbled (Volgarik the Aurikong)? Maybe he's now "picked on" by the other Gold Clad Giant Kings and now overcompensates. I need to spruce up the story a good bit, but the gist is that a former mulan mage-priestess of Talos converted to the worship of the Metahel god Thoros. She still has a magically animated tattoo of 3 lightning bolts on her forehead. After the spellplague, she actually ends up carrying his spirit for a short while, just so she can recover a lost hammer which was taken by one of the gold clad giant kings. Story obviously mirrors an old Norse story.

Following the transfer to Abeir, magic was unstable to say the least. This began to change however once the gods began appearing amongst the mortals that had worshipped them on Toril. In 1390 DR, a one-eyed merchant appeared in New Kensten bearing a feather dress for sale, and it caught they eye of “The Daeronness” Shenandra Tarsorek. She was a former mage-priestess of Talos who had switched to the worship of the metahel god Thoros twelve years earlier. became a willing avatar of Thoros and grew to the size of a giantess. The god told her that she must present herself as “the goddess Eldunna reborn” to Volgarik the Aurikong of the Gold Clad Giant Kings. The god then said that she must offer to be Volgarik's wife in exchange for a powerful hammer artifact in their holding, and that this hammer would bring protection to their home. Naturally, the mage priestess agreed, and also naturally, her sometimes husband, Targuth Agneh, was less than enthused with the arrangement. Targuth announced that he would travel with her, carrying a black axe possessed by the spirit of Skaragos, god of bloodrage and executioner of the gods. They find themselves in a mountain home with azerblood dwarves being kept as slaves. They humble but do not kill the Aurikong after he breaks the Rites of Hospitality by drawing weapons on them. In return for his life, they demand the freedom of the Azerblood as well as the hammer.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2022 :  00:28:54  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Certainly. Do you just mean a stat bar or to use within the lore?

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2022 :  17:20:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just a rumor/name drop maybe in the lore. Not doing much with it other than to reference this giant king who may have a beef with the tharch of Lopango (and the tharch of the Western Pridelands).... storyline will essentially be that "The Daeronness" Shenandra Tarsorek of Thoros helped recover Thoros' hammer by pretending to be "the goddess Eldunna". The hammer gets brought back to the city of New Kensten in Lopango. The gods tell the Metahel (and Rashemi, many of whom have converted to Metahel gods) to sacrifice at the altar of Thoros and his children (with things like rune carved horn daggers, rune carved spears, rune carved metal weapons, gems, etc...). The priests are directed to bring these items around their settlement. As they do, magic stabilizes locally... at first for divine magic, and then for arcane.

Later, those metahel, rashemi, and some mulans (and some azerborn) decide to leave Lopango to form a settlement in Katashaka. They go to the western pridelands. Just a handful of years later, the idea of forming the united tharchs is put forth. Some rashemi and metahel would prefer NOT to be in a magocracy (roughly half), as well as most of the azerborn. They go to some islands off the coast nearby. The western pridelands tharch is formed, but its definitely different as it values physical prowess in addition to magic, worships metahel gods almost exclusively, etc...

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2022 :  17:57:17  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Just a rumor/name drop maybe in the lore. Not doing much with it other than to reference this giant king who may have a beef with the tharch of Lopango (and the tharch of the Western Pridelands).... storyline will essentially be that "The Daeronness" Shenandra Tarsorek of Thoros helped recover Thoros' hammer by pretending to be "the goddess Eldunna". The hammer gets brought back to the city of New Kensten in Lopango. The gods tell the Metahel (and Rashemi, many of whom have converted to Metahel gods) to sacrifice at the altar of Thoros and his children (with things like rune carved horn daggers, rune carved spears, rune carved metal weapons, gems, etc...). The priests are directed to bring these items around their settlement. As they do, magic stabilizes locally... at first for divine magic, and then for arcane.

Later, those metahel, rashemi, and some mulans (and some azerborn) decide to leave Lopango to form a settlement in Katashaka. They go to the western pridelands. Just a handful of years later, the idea of forming the united tharchs is put forth. Some rashemi and metahel would prefer NOT to be in a magocracy (roughly half), as well as most of the azerborn. They go to some islands off the coast nearby. The western pridelands tharch is formed, but its definitely different as it values physical prowess in addition to magic, worships metahel gods almost exclusively, etc...

Ok will do, likely in Kuntur Rapa. I wonder if the new That supplement will tie in well with your tharchs . I’m looking forward to getting that delivery.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2022 :  21:11:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok will do, likely in Kuntur Rapa. I wonder if the new That supplement will tie in well with your tharchs . I’m looking forward to getting that delivery.

Yeah, I finally feel up to writing about them enough to make each tharch fairly different with at least a small focus on the major cities of each tharch. I also played with some high level (beyond 20) rules to play with making NPC's, and I've been revamping a lot of the early release 5e rules I had done. I also kind of got sidetracked for a week or two on a races book for katashaka. Wish I could devote the time I could when I was younger to this type of stuff, but it is fun to write, even if its more for myself than anything.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  21:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maztica has no high level adventures and part of that is because I’ve had no clue how to write one. Levels 17-20 has always been quite the challenge for me because I always felt the encounters wouldn’t be realistic when you are trying to challenge players in god mode.

Well, I’ll do my best.

I’ve written the first act (out of two) for an adventure I am calling Dragonglass for those levels and here’s a little summary.

Prologue - PCs start wherever you want them to (nominally Waterdeep) and are approached by a gem dragonborn who tries to get them involved in the adventure. With a teleportation circle they end up near Tukan in Maztica in the desert. The PCs travel through the desert to a lonely mountain where there is believed to be a portal after finding some hints.

Note that the adventure borrows heavily from the old Mind’s Eye articles on the WotC website. This will include the articles on the banished obsidian dragon thane of Sardior named Seradess, the three headed gem dragon Blithen, the Demiplane of Ectoplasm, the Aleithian Dwarves, ectoplasmic dragons and a few other monsters.

Act 1 - The PCs encounter aleithian dwarves who guide them through a portal to the Demiplane, where they meet Blithen who informs them of Seradess’ evil plans.

Act 2 - Using Blithen’s assistance, the PCs head towards the hidden ruin known as Tewahca, the City of the Gods. It is here that Seradess has come to use the source behind the power of plumastone (what she and others call dragonglass) in order to ascend to the status of Greatwyrm once again. Up until this point she was reborn after Sardior destroyed her and has been combining with her echoes across the Prime.

So really what this adventure does is combines all the Mind’s Eye material (updating so much of it), factors in a ton of Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons, and has monumental repercussions for the True World to boot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SKADtwTO6Lptc8JxR6E50ocaFZqOYPth/view?usp=drivesdk

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000