Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Volo's Guide to Monsters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2016 :  11:30:28  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast
#2. Pit Master. What on earth is it?? An aberration to be sure, but is Pit Master a member of another Monster Manual race? Where else can he be found besides an old-fashioned Texas BBQ?

I'm thinking an extra corrupted slave that acts as a slave-driver/warden for the others slaves in an illithid colony or perhaps an aboleth's lair.
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2016 :  01:21:03  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, with the obvious tentacle appendages, I first thought that he was an Illithid servant or thrall of some type. But the Volos Guide previews say nothing about linking the Pit Master with mind flayers. He could just as easily be a servitor to another tentacled race. Aboleths perhaps. Is there another tentacular race?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2016 :  01:47:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually thinking those are snakes, as in 'Snake Pit'.

EDIT: Egads! Someone buy that poor stone Giant a cheeseburger!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Nov 2016 01:48:46
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2016 :  23:58:14  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm actually thinking those are snakes, as in 'Snake Pit'.

EDIT: Egads! Someone buy that poor stone Giant a cheeseburger!

Its a giant, buy him the cow the beef and cheese came from.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2016 :  00:17:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looks like a lot of giants and beholder kin, illithids, and other aberrations. Still its got the official froghemoth, and I was just about to use them for the very first time.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1095 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2016 :  11:37:57  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm already hearing talks about the new playable races and monsters in the new Volo's Guide, but does anyone here with the book can say if the lore of the monsters presented there are Realms-specific or tend to be more generic to be plugged into any other settings?

I might have noticed in some of the previews where Realmsian monsters like the Leucrotta have had their origin lore painted over with something not so tied to the Realms.

(Also why isn't this scroll merged with the other scroll with the exact title?)

Edited by - questing gm on 09 Nov 2016 02:59:17
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2016 :  14:52:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on the critter. Beholders were setting-neutral, but giants are Realms-specific. That's as far as I've read, thus far -- I've only skimmed the playable races section.

As for merging the scrolls, so far as I know, the forum software either doesn't permit this or doesn't make it easy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2016 :  14:05:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Alaundo has said that merging matters such as those suggested for similar scrolls, is currently outside the purview of the forum software.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000