Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Son of Thunder: "The Bones of the Beast"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Demzer
Senior Scribe

714 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2020 :  22:22:07  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

This one seems to work for me:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060624093304/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/sonthundercp

Let me know if you want me to copy-paste the text on a doc file or something

Sorry, I'm an internet moron. All I get is the wayback page - not the article.

-- George Krashos

If you copy the entire line it should work.

Anyway I had your email address since you sent me a copy of the Zulkirs of Thay article awhile back so I've emailed you a doc file with the copy-paste.

Sent you a pm with my email address so you know it's not spam.
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2020 :  14:14:28  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the interest! I can't do better than that waybackmachine link.

For some back ground, at the time there was a sort of trend of authors writing (for free, I might add) these web enhancement items so I figured I'd contribute one. In retrospect Kellin was probably a dull choice, but I had an affinity for the character (the academic, heh) and it allowed me to fill in her backstory a bit.

I wrote "Bones of the Beast" with the notion that it might land in Dragon Magazine. Not to be. Looking back, I wonder if it might have been better to fit into the novel itself as a prologue or something. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5765 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2020 :  00:21:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Murray! I love "Bones of the Beast". Great read, super-respectful of the Realms and the source material and creating fallow ground to add more stuff ... as Eric Boyd and I might be doing at the moment. Cheers.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2020 :  16:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I actually wrote "Bones of the Beast" before starting on Son of Thunder. If I had ever done a sequel, I would've liked to take Vell and Kellin to Ruathym to learn more about Uthgar's mortal life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000