Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Next WotC book: "Candlekeep Mysteries"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John Daker
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  14:58:37  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by John Daker
Yes, that is Elminster's Candlekeep Compendium, and it's pretty great. I don't know whether any of the contributors to that release (including Ed Greenwood!) have also worked on Candlekeep Mysteries, but I did take the liberty of contacting the cartographer who made the map for that release; he said he was not involved in the new book, so the poster map in the upcoming WotC book is going to be different from the map in ECC.

In some ways, that does kind of suck, in that I feel for the folks that may have poured some blood, sweat, and tears into that product only to have it possibly overwritten.

If Candlekeep Mysteries does turn out to contradict Elminsterís Candlekeep Compendium in any significant way, then (unless Iím forgetting something) that would make ECC the highest-profile DMís Guild product to date to be overwritten canonically by a later WotC release.

It would be unfortunate if this does happen, though itís hard to imagine WotC changing anything at all in their book to fit a DMís Guild product, even one with Edís direct involvement. Perhaps the creators of ECC would revise on their end to resolve discrepancies, if this can be done quickly and easily.

Edited by - John Daker on 15 Jan 2021 14:59:18
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6112 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2021 :  04:56:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was always bound to happen. There was talk early on that WotC would be monitoring the DMs Guild for quality content with a view to adopting some/all of it and giving it the "official" imprimatur. I'm not aware of that happening even once. The Candlekeep product at the Guild was pretty good, so I can well imagine that its creators would be a bit glum about the prospect of their hard work being invalidated and/or unrecognised. It's happened to me and it's not fun.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
34596 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2021 :  05:31:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Was always bound to happen. There was talk early on that WotC would be monitoring the DMs Guild for quality content with a view to adopting some/all of it and giving it the "official" imprimatur. I'm not aware of that happening even once.

I also thought it might be a way for them to scout talent... Has anyone that started on the DM's Guild gotten to work on an official WotC product?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2021 :  06:09:02  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Was always bound to happen. There was talk early on that WotC would be monitoring the DMs Guild for quality content with a view to adopting some/all of it and giving it the "official" imprimatur. I'm not aware of that happening even once.

I also thought it might be a way for them to scout talent... Has anyone that started on the DM's Guild gotten to work on an official WotC product?

A number of this bookís contributors, I believe.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2021 :  15:39:56  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:

quote:

Actually, not a one, unless there are more writers that I didn't see when checking out the ECC. If I was greatly mistaken, then I rescind my comment.

Edited by - Renin on 26 Jan 2021 21:05:27
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2021 :  03:53:13  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:

quote:

Actually, not a one, unless there are more writers that I didn't see when checking out the ECC. If I was greatly mistaken, then I rescind my comment.

Alison Huang wrote on Uncaged, the acclaimed feminist adventure anthology. I donít have the rest of the list in front of me, but I believe thereís a few more.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2021 :  21:00:40  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, I misread.

I was looking at the writers names that worked on the DMs guild Candlekeep product with Ed's name, and the new Candlekeep Mysteries. There are no crossover names between those 2 books;I had read into the posts that this was what was being asked.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000