Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Baldur’s Gate 3 in Early Access!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Demzer
Senior Scribe

750 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2020 :  17:26:22  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qilintha

... word from the producers.

Does anyone still believe what producers say?

I'm kidding, seems like it would be fun to play, but I'll personally wait for there to be more comprehensive reviews and the game to be at it's "live" status.

I hope whatever Early Access feedback is gathered is put to good use.
Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2020 :  21:24:35  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It honestly depends on the producer XD I have followed the streams and news from this game since it was announced and I am a fan of other Larian games so I might be biased however from their youtube videos it's clear that they are having Fun making this game. This was their first community update, on how Larian persuaded Wizards to make BG3 , it's hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4v6hC_rjM

About early access Larian did EA on all their games and put that formula to a big success, only reason why I bought it honestly.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2020 :  01:20:35  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have a lot of time into the pre-release yet, but it's good so far. I have learned to manage my expectations in terms of Forgotten Realms lore, but overall it isn't a flop. There are some game play issues, but those will mostly get sorted before release.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Seeker

53 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2020 :  02:44:21  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There will likely be a character or two from earlier games that can be pointed to in order to make the argument "See, it really is Baldur's Gate!" even though the rest of the game will likely be "off" tonally.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Qilintha
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2020 :  14:48:00  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly Forgotten Lore wise I am extremely pleased ^^ From tomes to the locations there is a lot of material, won't go into details because I don't want to make spoilers.

Azar, maybe for original games purist it might be a little "off" tonally, I hear that complaint a lot, especially from people that haven't played it...and I wonder what it means. Graphic wise? This game brings BG into the present era,it looks AMAZING. Music? Soundtrack is great, with some moments actually moving.Like this tiefling song -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KMuHNX2TBI Forgotten Lore: There is a lot to unpack as mentioned early. Story? It starts off well enough. Gameplay? Besides the few needed tweaks from it being an EA It may not be a BG game but it's a D&D game. I've never played any RPG game where I had that much freedom, both during combat than ( especially) outside combat. Add to that Larian's ability to build game puzzles and you have some challenging moments. Companions? They are interesting, some more than others obviously , my main complaint is that there might be less than in the original games, but we'll see. It's one thing I hope Larian will listen ( Some are saying they are raising to 25 companions and 10 origin characters...if that's true then I am satisfied).
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Master of Realmslore

USA
1363 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  22:48:25  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe keftiu,

I've played about (10) hours of this so far, and it isn't bad. I am on the fence, but I know I need to give it some more hours before I feel I can really say for sure whether it is good or not. Just my first impression.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  08:35:16  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far I'm enjoying it, but I get why a lot of old school BG fans are disappointed.

It's really a Neverwinter Nights 3 that's been heavily influenced by Dragon Age: Origins rather than a true BG3. There's precious little connective tissue to the gameplay of the old Infinite engine games, and it has all the AoE spam endemic to DoS2.

Edited by - BlackAce on 26 Oct 2020 08:37:28
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Master of Realmslore

USA
1363 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  09:14:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe BlackAce,

I try not to compare, but it is hard. I feel I need to give it a legitimate chance before I fire it (especially after spending $60.00! haha).

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000