Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What other fantasy settings do y’all like?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2020 :  03:03:30  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I grew up loving Dragonlance, having bought, for good or for ill, every DL book published. Every. Book. Published. I say 'ugh' to that now, but whatever, they were like $3.99 or $4.99 at the time only!

I loved the White Wolf/Sword & Sorcery 3/3.5 Ravenloft stuff. Such amazing things, such amazing stories; those Gazetteers!!! Such great reads.

Loved Planescape thematically for the reading, the build of the game, diTerrlizzi's art, but I never got to play it much.

With Paizo/Golarion, I get hooked into the long myth/big ramification stories of Tar Baphon the Whispering Tyrant; and all of the Runelord adventure paths and the strong magic history involving Thassilon. Demon centered Cheliax in the region is cool too. But yeah, lots of kitchen-sink stuff together makes a lot of things easy to ignore or just toss out with the bathwater.

Really won't mention books settings.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000