Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 When murdering 2 Children is the best solution...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ElfBane
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  12:28:08  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Okay, so you specifically CHOSE to run the darkest storyline of the book, picking the Cassalanters as the villains over classic villains Xanathar, Jarlaxle, and Manshoon?

At the moment Im tossing up between The Cassalanters (as written), Jarlaxle (Modfiied so hes operating out of the Crawling Spider Inn instead of his fleet and replace the submarine either with a cavern in the Underdark or Undermountain) or Make my own "Villian" in this case it will be an organisation revolving around Waterdeeps Dragons and their after the Staff not the gold, there where several Dragons and Dragon groups operating in Waterdeep in including the Confluence and at least one noble house as I remeber back in 3eds days)

I can't see Jarlaxle doing this. Admittedly, my interaction with Jarlaxle is based mainly on the RAS novels, but he strikes me as classic Neutral Evil. IOW, he does things for the money... OR if it will put down or embarrass the Llolth Prietesshood. The selling of childrens souls (unless it were going to be worth a lot of gold) seems to me to be beneath him.

Edited by - ElfBane on 21 Nov 2018 12:29:47
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  14:48:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

[quote][i]

I can't see Jarlaxle doing this. Admittedly, my interaction with Jarlaxle is based mainly on the RAS novels, but he strikes me as classic Neutral Evil. IOW, he does things for the money... OR if it will put down or embarrass the Llolth Prietesshood. The selling of childrens souls (unless it were going to be worth a lot of gold) seems to me to be beneath him.

The Child soul selling is specfic to the Cassalanters ending

The Dragon Heist module has 4 differnet final chapters depending on the Dms choice and they each have different motivations for pursueing the prize. The 4 options are: Cassalanters, Xanthar, Jarlaxle and a Manshoon clone

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  17:10:55  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

[quote][i]

The Child soul selling is specfic to the Cassalanters ending

The Dragon Heist module has 4 differnet final chapters depending on the Dms choice and they each have different motivations for pursueing the prize. The 4 options are: Cassalanters, Xanthar, Jarlaxle and a Manshoon clone

It is getting to the point of when I hear of a Manshoon clone dying, I hear a child's voice in my head saying "You killed Manshoon! You bastards."

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7593 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  22:50:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder
It may be a sign of Imitocattus Vulgaris, there seems to be a fat population of them around the "Thaumaturgists of the Shoal Reprints" office.

Classic.

-- George Krashos

Okay gonna raise my hand and show my ignorance... WTH are you two talking about??? It almost sounds like a Cthulhu reference or something?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7593 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  23:01:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban
It is getting to the point of when I hear of a Manshoon clone dying, I hear a child's voice in my head saying "You killed Manshoon! You bastards."

LOL, makes me wonder what happened to all the others. For instance, did the one in Amruthar join the Thayan revolt, and will we secretly find out he's one of Tam's Zulkirs under another name (please shoot me if that becomes true)?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000