Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Price of an assassination
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7156 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2018 :  18:29:15  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thraskir Skimper

I know a Mage who will make your noble disappear. Poof gone. It is really expensive though.

Assassin's guild will take your commission then Double it every month, or they will explain to the noble what you had planned. The noble would likely pay even more and if said noble is so bad may even be a repeat client of the local Assassin's guild. Assassin's can't be trusted.

But if you agree that an Enclave can be built in your city Slavery implemented and a Shrine of Beshaba built, by you, we can arrange this noble to have an accident. Perhaps drown in the bath?

Assassin's don't double cross Red Wizards.

Sounds great... if you were talking with an individual who could unilaterally dictate that a city give up a portion of itself lawfully to another sovereign entity. Of course, said individual likely wouldn't need to turn to that drastic a level to find someone to do their dirty work. That being said, I commend you on the roleplay.

However, I must warn you as well. You are correct, assassins don't double cross red wizards.... at least not those that want to live long. However, bounty hunters, such as myself, especially those who specialize in hunting spellcasters.... well, we're a different breed. I may have left those days in the past, but in my time in service, I've trained many a young spellhurler to put down rogue curs. One must always sleep with the knowledge that death is just an instance of unpreparedness away.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1655 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2018 :  03:12:22  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It is explicitly stated in Code of the Harpers that she was not an assassin.

...and neither was Artemis Entreri, lest we forget. He was, ah, fighter/thief who kills people for money.

quote:
Originally posted by Thraskir Skimper

Assassin's guild will take your commission then Double it every month, or they will explain to the noble what you had planned. The noble would likely pay even more and if said noble is so bad may even be a repeat client of the local Assassin's guild. Assassin's can't be trusted.

There's a contradiction in this line. Specifically, the last phrase obsoletes the rest.
Also, the whole "your bait doesn't have to be attractive for the fish, the fish is over" business model.
quote:
But if you agree that an Enclave can be built in your city Slavery implemented and a Shrine of Beshaba built, by you, we can arrange this noble to have an accident.

"People who want to have someone killed, but have no personal army don't have to be your clientele"?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Thraskir Skimper
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2018 :  06:10:51  Show Profile Send Thraskir Skimper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to consider who this noble is. Why someone wants them dead, and depends on who they are, usually the Lawful Good don't hire Assassins.

See Icewind Dale.

Negotiations start big ask for everything. End up with one or more things you want.

The Unprepared Red Wizard is the Dead Red Wizard.

Skimper uses the Sarmins Eye spell to create a Staff of the Eye staff's. Suddenly your bounty hunter succeeds the Nasty red wizard is dead and his nasty staff shattered.

There are Wizards, there is Magick and then there is Thay.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000