Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Lost Tales of Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  16:09:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

How do we reconcile the statement in this product that Myth Drannor has been "utterly destroyed" with Ed's comments regarding the Tree of Souls and how it was saved from the fall of Thultanthar ... ?

-- George Krashos

I forget what Ed said, but maybe the tree of souls "collapsed the mythal into itself". By that, I mean maybe the tree is sentient and it drew upon the nearest major power source to generate some kind of "barrier" to protect itself? Maybe the tree itself has gone into "safe room" mode, and its surrounded by demons and devils... all of whom are greedily rubbing their hands together to try and figure out some way to break through that barrier and get their hands on this beautiful tree full of soul energy that they want to corrupt. In fact, I know a lot of folks aren't extremely fond of god theories, but maybe this tree is itself an avatar of some elven deity (possibly Rillifane Ralathil... possibly Angharradh) but one outside of the god's control and if it dies it weakens the god itself.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  16:31:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Ed's explanation was that there was a barrier raised around the tree itself, and the barrier punched thru the falling city of Shade.

So as I see it, there's nothing to reconcile - the parts of the city that had been reclaimed were destroyed, but a small area around the tree (maybe a circle 50 or 100 feet in diameter) was untouched.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2018 :  21:46:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's finally up on the DMs Guild.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2018 :  13:35:15  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a copy...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 15 Jul 2018 13:40:39
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2018 :  20:31:15  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did, too.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2018 :  20:13:59  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will this be available as Print on Demand (i.e. a physical product)? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2018 :  02:44:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to see if I can find one at Gen Con for an affordable price. I have the PDF so no biggie if they are trying to price gouge.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2018 :  03:43:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm going to see if I can find one at Gen Con for an affordable price. I have the PDF so no biggie if they are trying to price gouge.

-- George Krashos

Good luck. I've been watching them on eBay, and I think the cheapest I've seen was still something like $100.

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  02:55:41  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If only we could get an Undermountain Adventure. The Curse of Halaster's Hall's!

Yes, because Undermountain has not been overdone at all, having been included in more publications than literally any other location in any fantasy setting...
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  03:00:53  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems to me the like goal here is to reset Myth Drannor to 2nd Edition, which is exactly how I liked it; just work in a couple explanations of how Phaerimm and Alhoon have returned and there you have it... and the baelnorn are back, having only been physically destroyed and now reformed.

Go to Top of Page

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  13:35:49  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been confirmed over at EN World (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?651693-Lost-Tales-of-Myth-Drannor-Now-On-DMs-Guild) that a Print on Demand version will be available through DMsGuild "right around GenCon or so."
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  13:45:18  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If only we could get an Undermountain Adventure. The Curse of Halaster's Hall's!

Yes, because Undermountain has not been overdone at all, having been included in more publications than literally any other location in any fantasy setting...

It's all about beating that dead horse to death.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 20 Jul 2018 13:45:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll