Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Blackrose Elves
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2020 :  04:44:26  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good evening all!

I was hoping with a bump, someone may know what source Master Shadowlord was referring too regarding the "Blackrose Elves"?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Shadowlord,

What was your source for this? I would just like to take a look out of curiosity.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

I've heard rumors of certain elves called "Blackrose Elves" that were the inhabitants of another elven world such as Faerie. However, I have not managed to find any official information on them. All I have so far is "The origins of the Blackrose Elves are mostly unknown. They were first sighted some 1,000 years ago - only later to disappear and were believed to be extinct, though there have been recent reports of activity and sightings. However, most who meet them never live to tell anyone. They are evil and have sadistic traits that almost rival those of the Drow." Even if they actually don't exist in Realmslore, it might be fun to make them into a new player race...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2020 :  04:51:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good evening all!

I was hoping with a bump, someone may know what source Master Shadowlord was referring too regarding the "Blackrose Elves"?

Well, there's this 2004 quote from him, earlier in this discussion...

quote:

Ah Sage, after a bit of delving I discovered that they are a created race, and not truly "canon," though it is as I expected. Hmmm, might be a nice idea to create the race though... At least this elven subrace doesn't have lightbulbs hanging off their foreheads...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2020 :  08:01:33  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course Sage Time(tm) strikes again!!!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  03:21:48  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Thank you for that! Right under my nose, and I did not even see it. haha

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Good evening all!

Well, there's this 2004 quote from him, earlier in this discussion...

quote:

Ah Sage, after a bit of delving I discovered that they are a created race, and not truly "canon," though it is as I expected. Hmmm, might be a nice idea to create the race though... At least this elven subrace doesn't have lightbulbs hanging off their foreheads...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  01:12:26  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say go with Sage's first impulse. Sounds a lot the the Sith from Ravenloft to me.

In fact, this might be perfect... a faction of Sith that managed to escape the Demiplane of Dread during the Reformation, but are forever tainted by the Demiplane and the Shadow Rift.

(For those not up on Ravenloft Lore, the Reformation was a period of upheaval in Ravenloft where the Dark Powers shook things up a bit).

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  17:01:49  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Masked Mage,

That's awesome. I did not know that, as I know very little about Ravenloft. I ran the module back in the day as a kid, and that was pretty much it.

That would be amazing to see Sith, haha.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

I'd say go with Sage's first impulse. Sounds a lot the the Sith from Ravenloft to me.

In fact, this might be perfect... a faction of Sith that managed to escape the Demiplane of Dread during the Reformation, but are forever tainted by the Demiplane and the Shadow Rift.

(For those not up on Ravenloft Lore, the Reformation was a period of upheaval in Ravenloft where the Dark Powers shook things up a bit).

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000