Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Every one of my characters...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Thraskir Skimper
Learned Scribe

204 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2018 :  03:32:18  Show Profile Send Thraskir Skimper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Something I've always wanted to do was do a partner tandem. So if you're going to play in the Realms one player picks say....a Red Wizard and another one plays a Thayan Knight (protector) that's "with" the other character. Same concepts for say a Hathran from Rasheman and her Berserker protector (I actually have an AWESOME character concept from 4E that works well as they're a Berserker Heroes of the Feywild that can turn into a Bear and is from the Bear Warrior tribe). Things like that which delve into the setting's history and lore just make me all giddy!!

I do play Red Wizard and Cleric of Beshaba combo's.

Thay Red
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Seeker

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2019 :  22:36:26  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fighter I played preferred lighter armor. He even successfully appropriated drow mail...with a pilfered recipe for non-magical oil that shielded drow items from direct sunlight. Ah yes, you must love +5 gear that does not register as magical, nor penalized stealth checks.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3724 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2019 :  16:01:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The common theme it seems for my characters seems to be that they start out with, or can later have, the ability to use magical spells.

Whether it is a Ranger, a Thief or a Wizard...arcane magic seems to be something I really enjoy using.

The usual exception to this is at low level I obviously don't have arcane magic for the ranger or thief character I may be playing and so it seems like I don't have a thing for the arcane...but it is apparently always in the back of my mind.

I never got there with a Dwarf thief; but I always dreamed of having a dwarven Fighter/Thief who had the ability to use spell scrolls (in 1e/2e). 3.x made it much easier to use scrolls as a thief. I haven't played 4e more than a handful of times and 5e the same...

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2019 :  00:57:35  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Answering the original question, I would say: intelligence. All of my characters have always been smart, at least somewhat. An intelligence score of 10 is as low as I am willing to go. Not just because I don't really enjoy RP'ing "dumb" characters, I really like them to be well-rounded in their skills and knowledge. Even a barbarian or fighter I'll have at 10 or 12 INT at least so I can give them a few cross-class skill ranks in some random knowledge or other thing.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Seeker

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2019 :  05:55:01  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In all editions, I never dumped Constitution, no matter the class or race. From ed 3.X onward, I always got feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude and Iron Will no matter the class.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000