Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Ed's Unofficial History of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
402 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  11:09:57  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

More articles? I only see up to the 7th

Fan creations - The Lord of the End of Everything

-- George Krashos

This was simply superb. And now we finally know the reason for the pyramids of Ascore!!!

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3178 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  03:04:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookmarked...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  10:10:58  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or does the 'for the fans' hyperlink not work when you click on it (of course you can enter 'http://realmssecretariat.com/for-the-fans/' manually into your navbar and it will work)?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 19 Jun 2015 10:13:04
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  22:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Eric wrote a piece on Jergal for some other work and then I massaged it by adding some further stuff, turning it into what is on the site.

-- George Krashos

I finally had some time to read this. Very good, George! A question: Is this the canon origin for the phaerimm? If so, this could mean the phaerimn could be present in other campaign worlds, like Greyhawk. The phaerimm could have played a part in the Sea of Dust's creation.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5956 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  23:31:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's not canon. Just Ed sharing my fan musings. He did like the piece though!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
33879 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  00:09:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krash is one of those that does what I consider "semicanon" stuff. Yes, it's not published by WotC and thus not canon -- but it's good enough to be canon, and there has been semicanon stuff that became canon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  18:22:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. So long as it doesn't conflict with anything I already established lore-wise in my Realms, I consider anything borrowed from George's stuff posted here at Candlekeep as "canon" for my campaigns.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
120 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  07:41:56  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I know I am resurrecting an old scroll, however as far as I know, Ed no longer has a website and there is no access to these unofficial Realms tidbits.

Does anyone have these snippets available, and can share with the rest of us?

TIA
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
120 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  07:48:30  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

btw, what happened with the book teased in this scroll? Originally I was thinking it might have been Elminster Presents the Realms, but that tome was written back in 2012.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000