Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Communities of the Underdark
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  05:13:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Underdark map surprised me the most...I really had no idea how large an area it actually was. Also, to finally have an absolute reference for where exactly all the various cities and locales of the Underdark (that had been mentioned in the novels and the like) are relative to the surface, really helped me organise for my next upcoming partial Underdark campaign.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  06:46:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I think the Underdark map surprised me the most...

The map was really well done.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  13:05:01  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Sage,

First, I want to say that I went to follow the link provided by Master Alaundo, but it was not functioning, so I just came back to the original post. I have to say, and I am sure I very well may catch flak for this, but...

I loved the small, but amazing part about the Glimmersea. To think that it is (20) miles underneath the bottom of the Sea of Fallen Stars. Now granted, the Sea of Fallen Stars isn't particularly deep of course (1,875 feet deep at the Protectorate of Ahlor's), but that is effectively when taken into account down at 22,000 feet to the Glimmersea: 4.14 miles down! Amazing to even consider such a thing, and creepy to me, as I am no Dwarf! haha.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

With the release of the new Underdark tome, I felt the need to start a topic about this interesting subject. As I am sure there will be some significant official canon discussion, I am just as interested in hearing about unofficial changes to races and communities of the Underdark that DM's may have made in their own FR campaigns.

Let's hear from you

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  07:54:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Alaundo,

Do you have any other way of directing me to that scroll you linked too, that is now defunct?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

Hmmmm, this should really all be discussed over in this scroll. Lets see if we can move product discussions over to there now and leave this one for discussing the actual communities of the Underdark. Its already a bit of a mish-mash but we can try to get a little order to the scrolls.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  11:16:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Alaundo,

Do you have any other way of directing me to that scroll you linked too, that is now defunct?

Best regards,

Try this link.

Ye gods, what an old scroll! I've not seen the name "Sage of Perth" in a long time, and my senile old friend SiriusBlack is long gone from our halls...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2020 :  20:52:39  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

As always, thank you! That link worked perfectly.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Alaundo,

Best regards,

Try this link.

Ye gods, what an old scroll! I've not seen the name "Sage of Perth" in a long time, and my senile old friend SiriusBlack is long gone from our halls...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000