Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 The Re-Vamped Mischiefmaker (comments welcome)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2017 :  04:51:07  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Diffan, I like the ideas you suggested. I'm trying to give one of my groups PC's what he wants. Divine Agent with full spell progression and take away 5 class abilities. And also, thanks for the help with The Mischiefmaker.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3391 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2017 :  05:30:54  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem! Home brewing stuff is one of my favorite parts of D&D so I'm glad I could help. Heck I'm still converting and homebrewing old Prestige Classes to 4e and I haven't really touched any conversions for 5e yet.

4E Realms = Great Taste, Less Filling.

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  20:16:59  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I changed Conceal Spellcasting to Granted Domain, and I changed Mislead to Greater Invisibility.

I'd like to know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2017 :  15:40:53  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to add an ability that is like Sacred Outlaw but that stacks with Sacred Outlaw. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2017 :  01:42:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of adding the Sacred Outlaw feat as a prerequisite to gaining this class. In doing so I would replace the Sneak attack ability at 3'rd level with something like this.....

Divine Scoundrel: At 3'rd level the MM gains the ability to add her Mischiefmaker class levels to stack with her Sacred Outlaw feat. For example, a 5'th level cleric/ 3'rd level rogue/ 3'rd level Mischiefmaker Turns undead as a 11'th level cleric, and deals +6d6 points of damage on a successful sneak attack.

Comments on this change are welcomed and appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Senior Scribe

419 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2017 :  05:27:38  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Planeshift and Godly Gift seem like really poor capstone abilities. They're painfully generic for a prankster class.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2017 :  14:45:15  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Planeshift and Godly Gift seem like really poor capstone abilities. They're painfully generic for a prankster class.

Neither of those abilities are in The Mischiefmaker PrC I created. Those are part of the Divine Agent PrC that I gave up on.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2017 :  16:49:01  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I added the Divine Scoundrel ability to the MM PrC. Please let me know what you think of it.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3391 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2017 :  19:35:32  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read over the Prestige Class and really, only two things sort of stick out for me:

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: This part is worded kinda weird. It should probably follow most other PrC's description of either getting specific weapons/armor OR just saying that they don't gain any new proficiencies.

Sneak Attack: I've never really liked the additive +xd6 effects for Prestige Classes. I think it would be better if you just had the 3rd level effect say your levels of Mischiefmaker stack with levels of any other class that has Sneak Attack. If you have two or more classes that have the sneak attack ability, you choose one. This decision cannot be changed later. That way you're not losing 5 levels of SA (or an additional +2d6 over all) and it still fits thematically.

4E Realms = Great Taste, Less Filling.

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

374 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2017 :  05:13:02  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I read over the Prestige Class and really, only two things sort of stick out for me:

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: This part is worded kinda weird. It should probably follow most other PrC's description of either getting specific weapons/armor OR just saying that they don't gain any new proficiencies.

Sneak Attack: I've never really liked the additive +xd6 effects for Prestige Classes. I think it would be better if you just had the 3rd level effect say your levels of Mischiefmaker stack with levels of any other class that has Sneak Attack. If you have two or more classes that have the sneak attack ability, you choose one. This decision cannot be changed later. That way you're not losing 5 levels of SA (or an additional +2d6 over all) and it still fits thematically.

This re-vamped version is old so to say. I have a newer thread with my finalized Mischiefmaker.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000