Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Spoiler: "Anauroch: The Empire of Shade"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  07:27:53  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uhh, I didn't read a whole lot of that part. You don't fight the Wiz 35 demi-lich, that's for certain. You beat up on a unique undead, a bunch of thaluud, and flee very quickly after getting the chalice artifact.

Now that I think about it, that section is probably the place with the greatest chance of players going off the deep end. That Tomb is an adventuring Holy Grail... I'm not sure how you keep your players from looting EVERYTHING. Other than unleashing the thaluud hordes, of course.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  14:56:42  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After reading the book fully, I see that the concern I had over the artifacts is balanced out in the adventure so that all but the Chalice really have no long lasting influence in a campaign.

As for that item...there is this fella that wants to bring back Amaunator (sp?) that I'm sure would get wind of the party having the chalice...so he would probably be after it.

Nuff said...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  03:16:44  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Nip all this stupidity in the bud."

Oh, Hoondatha, my praises! You have given my character a new motto (and myself a new motto for game designers to follow, especially CERTAIN game designers [no, no names]).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  03:35:58  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Uhh, I didn't read a whole lot of that part. You don't fight the Wiz 35 demi-lich, that's for certain. You beat up on a unique undead, a bunch of thaluud, and flee very quickly after getting the chalice artifact.

Now that I think about it, that section is probably the place with the greatest chance of players going off the deep end. That Tomb is an adventuring Holy Grail... I'm not sure how you keep your players from looting EVERYTHING. Other than unleashing the thaluud hordes, of course.

I agree...I understand the entrance shifts quite often...but the door itself stays the same if I read that correctly. What is to prevent a wizard from scrying the location of the door, and then simply going there with his party of looters?!

Talk about the mother of all treasure troves!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2016 :  01:43:53  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What year does this Module take place in? 1376?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2016 :  05:50:57  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

What year does this Module take place in? 1376?

I believe so. Our group is currently in the adventure and it's a few months after the Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land adventure. It should also be listed in the Grand History of the Realms book.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000