Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2018)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31056 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2018 :  01:54:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading the Riftwar Saga, the first four books of the series. I've decided to do the Empire trilogy next, since it covers a lot of the same time period.

I think I'll take a break after these books, so I don't burn out on the series, as I've done before. Not sure what that break will consist of, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

goblins
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2018 :  21:20:40  Show Profile Send goblins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started on Shadowdale this past weekend. Iím just a little bit in, but I like it.

I ended up enjoying Neversfall, so I am happy I made it through this time. I like the main character Adeenya quite a bit. The story is a mix of mystery and military/political intrigue, but it is heavy on the relationship dynamics as well. It touches on colonialism, and the tension between cultural conservation and xenophobia, but it doesnít explore these issues in great detail. Most of the conceptual focus is on the moral gradations of Law.
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  00:56:11  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished The Ghost King which was my favorite of this most recent trilogy within the Drizzt series, although I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. I'm onto Bands of Mourning now, but am excited to get to Gauntlgrym and see what's next for the series...

Although I also want to get to the rest of the Cosmere, as well as WoT. I need more time to read...
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  23:58:28  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage  Send Bragi an AOL message  Send Bragi an ICQ Message  Send Bragi a Yahoo! Message Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been listening to Whisper of Waves on audio book and I have come to realize I pronounce quite a few realms terms incorrectly. Most egregious of which are the names of the months. I'm working on correcting that but 30 years of pronouncing something incorrectly is hard to change. As for the book itself, it has been interesting. It made much more sense once I realized it was set in the Lake of Steam area and not the Lake of Mists area.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2018 :  00:52:45  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

I've been listening to Whisper of Waves on audio book and I have come to realize I pronounce quite a few realms terms incorrectly. Most egregious of which are the names of the months. I'm working on correcting that but 30 years of pronouncing something incorrectly is hard to change. As for the book itself, it has been interesting. It made much more sense once I realized it was set in the Lake of Steam area and not the Lake of Mists area.

I can't speak to that book in particular, but I have noticed when different narrators do books in the same series or "realm" they often pronounce things differently. So you might not be wrong...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000