Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
35454 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  04:56:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stumbled across an announcement of this one a few weeks ago, and now it's live.

I like alt-history and alt-future stuff, and I've long had a casual interest in Native American culture and history (I've actually got a bit of Native blood, myself, though not enough to count for anything -- a couple generations too far back for it to count).

Given that this one coincides with a couple of my interests and sounds interesting, I'm in.

Coyote & Crow the Role Playing Game

quote:
A science fiction and fantasy tabletop RPG set in a near-future where the Americas were never colonized, created by a team of Natives.

Coyote and Crow is a tabletop role playing game set in an alternate future of the Americas where colonization never occurred. Instead, advanced civilizations arose over hundreds of years after a massive climate disaster changed the history of the planet. You'll play as adventurers starting out in the city of Cahokia, a bustling, diverse metropolis along the Mississippi River. It's a world of science and spirituality where the future of technology and legends of the past will collide.

The game is created and led by a team of Native Americans representing more than a dozen tribes and we've built a game that both Natives and non-Natives will thrill to explore and build upon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  07:58:59  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coyote and Crow looks killer, and having Native writers on it is cool as hell.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
10765 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2021 :  01:04:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Despite not having a single piercing or tattoo, I like the idea of magical tattoos... So this one, also mentioned in that same ENWorld article, caught my eye and is getting some of my gaming dollars.

They've also got a nice sample available for download.

Tome of Mystical Tattoos for 5e

quote:
Hi folks! It's taken a while and a little bit of courage but I've decided to try and release a fully-illustrated compendium of all the magic tattoos I have created over my time DMing for my parties. Magic tattoos are special in that they allow you an extra level of character customization (look that much more badass) while simultaneously granting you unique and interesting abilities (be that much more badass)! Why not give it a shot, right? There will be more than 120+ illustrated, never-before-seen, and functional magic tattoos, with much more to come depending on the stretch goals we reach!

The tattoos will also all be tweaked to be more in line with the ones being introduced to us in recent 5e releases. All the tats you'll find in this book will have some amazing flavor of their own, which will set them apart from the limited selection of existing magic tattoos and the large pool of magic items already out there!

For one, all the magic tattoos you will find in this book are tailored to work in tandem with specific body parts! For example, tattoos like the Soaring Tattoo will grant you majestic inky wings when applied on your back (and only your back)! The Tome of Mystical Tattoos will also show you exactly how each beautiful tattoo would look on the optimal limbs alongside a detailed flat sketch for a clear view of all the designs. Beautiful full-page illustrations are also in the works showcasing the wide variety, utility, and power of the tattoos within this compendium.

Hey Wooly, I just saw that they released this yesterday. I was just curious if you downloaded it yet. I was damned surprised, because its 290 pages long. I honestly didn't expect to get so much bang for my buck. It has some interesting ideas too, like flaming ink (illusory type flames). My mind immediately went raunchy with that, but it would be pretty awesome in regular uses too.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
35454 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2021 :  01:45:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I downloaded it, but I was barely awake at the time, and forgot about it until just now.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3230 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2021 :  06:59:36  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I backed this Kickstarter today.

It's an OSR project. I first saw it at enworld

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2021 :  07:02:21  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this looks really, really promising for injecting some Dark Sun flavor into 5e, and they just hit a stretch goal to offer some Spelljamer-y content as well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webdm/worlds-of-web-dm-weird-wastelands

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
35454 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2021 :  17:41:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have backed another Kickstarter.

XDM: X-treme Dungeon Mastery, 2nd Edition

quote:
XDM: X-treme Dungeon Mastery, by Tracy and Curtis Hickman, hailed as "the cure for the common game¹," is a tabletop role-playing supplement designed to improve every RPG you play. First published in 2009, it's high time for a second edition. We've brought back the original creative team for a fresh round of edits, expansions, illustrations, and much more.

This project will cover the costs of that second edition, which will be bigger and better than the first, and if we reach our stretch goals, some of those betterments will become battlements, and we'll throw really cool digital downloads into the mix.

If you'd like a 3rd party review of the original book Professor Dungeon Master of DungeonCraft has this excellent video review.

quote:
¹ By the authors, and the publisher, and some of their friends.

I picked up the original copy of this book at GenCon, several years back. It's a system-agnostic book of tips for the DM -- and it's freaking hilarious (as in, Tasslehoff/Zifnab/Simkin hilarious). I'd say it's worth reading even if you don't DM.

My copy was signed by Tracy Hickman himself, who wrote in there that I gained a level. Sadly, my DM did not accept that, saying he'd only allow it if we were playing in Dragonlance.

I'm going for print and pdf on this one, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1657 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2021 :  19:26:07  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Ed is involved with this one (and so am I tentatively), I figure I ought to share this link on its launch day.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/tanares-rpg?ref=jj47lc&fbclid=IwAR3l9WEtDcsJni1gXSCRMXwKNjmqW3gbMudqQuoYyQnbYeu1nP-pVQyw_yw

It's already past half a million so it's met its funding goals; for those who like really intricate or just huge miniatures, be sure to pledge today so you get the astounding miniature dragon.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
35454 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2021 :  01:27:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

As Ed is involved with this one (and so am I tentatively), I figure I ought to share this link on its launch day.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/tanares-rpg?ref=jj47lc&fbclid=IwAR3l9WEtDcsJni1gXSCRMXwKNjmqW3gbMudqQuoYyQnbYeu1nP-pVQyw_yw

It's already past half a million so it's met its funding goals; for those who like really intricate or just huge miniatures, be sure to pledge today so you get the astounding miniature dragon.

Steven

The dragon looks really cool... But I don't like the way they did that offer. "Order any pledge tier higher than $70 to get this HUGE dragon mini for FREE!" -- and their listed tiers go from a $69 one to a $129 one, with nothing in between. So it's not "higher than $70", it's $129 or more.

I find that kind of thing questionable.

It otherwise looks like some really cool stuff, but man, that "get a great deal on this mini but not really" thing really bugs me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
35454 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2021 :  04:51:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one went live today, and is already funded almost three times over...

Planebreaker—Explore the Planes for 5e

quote:
Explore exotic alternate planes with this 5e tome from legendary RPG designers Bruce Cordell, Sean Reynolds, and Monte Cook.

quote:
Path of the Planebreaker is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs that presents you with the wonders, terrors, mysteries, and treasures of dozens and dozens of new alternate worlds—plus the inexplicable Planebreaker itself. It includes a bestiary of planar creatures and new planar class options for players to their campaigns, as well as new subclasses, feats, spells, and player character species options.

Monte Cook Games has gotten a lot of my gaming dollars, for a while, now, and much of it has been via Kickstarter. I also have a lot of respect for Sean K Reynolds. This isn't Planescape and it's not Wizards giving it to us, but it looks like a good alternative (or possibly something complimentary to Planescape), and I have much greater faith in MCG than I do in WotC.

I've already backed this one.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Oct 2021 04:55:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000