Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  14:41:27  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm, the one thing that gives me pause

More than one hundred spells, each with unique, stunning visual effects

Its got 8 classes. Its based on 3.5. Sounds great... but it should have a LOT more than just 100 spells if there's 8 classes (cleric, druid, wizard/sorcerer, paladin, ranger, bard.... ). Granted, they say more than 100, which could mean 200 or so. With 9 levels of spells (assuming they advance up to level 20 mind you) cut across the 3 mains alone (cleric, druid, wizard/sorcerer) if they have 3 unique spells per level that's 81.

Then again, I may seriously be making an assumption in thinking the spells go above 3rd level. The video shows a listing of spells and none at a glance are of 4th level or above I don't believe.

BTW, I would love to see a 3.5 based game like this that actually got into the spells. One of my favorite things was Baldur's Gate II where it had things like contingency and simulacrum and spells that stored other spells, etc...

This youtube video has some sample combat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvc2NdR_1O0&t=16s
The mage has access to level 5 spells, using a Summon V spell at 7:56 to summon some sort of demon. I believe the intent is to have more spells, but only if the KS campaign is successful. Looks promising and you can find out more at the games website https://www.realms-beyond.com/ if you're interested.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Edited by - Tamsar on 07 Nov 2018 14:42:21
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32452 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  03:46:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if I want to back this one or not...

Lord Gelbert Jellington - A Gelatinous Plush Dice Pouch

quote:
Lord Gelbert Jellington is a friendly gelatinous cube who will hold your favorite shinies, coins, preciouses, or polyhedral dice set (without all that messy acidic slime).

He measures 5.5 inches and is made with super soft minky fabric. He has adorable embroidered details as well as a matching zipper for his pouch of holding. This zippered pouch can easily hold two 7-piece sets of polyhedral gaming dice.

It is delightfully goofy, and thus strongly appeals to me... but at the same time, it's more than I want to spend for a glorified dice pouch that I'll never use.

So I don't know if I'm going for this one or not. But I am sharing it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Feb 2019 03:46:52
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32452 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2019 :  03:42:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a fan of drow, myself, but I know others are.

Rise of the Drow: Collector's Edition for D&D 5E and PFRPG

quote:
This project combines our best-selling, 5-star, ENnie-nominated Rise of the Drow book series into a massive 600+ page, collector's edition hardcover.

Rise of the Drow is a mega-adventure over 600-pages in length and takes your characters from levels 1-20. In addition to the main adventure, you can use Rise of the Drow to run multiple campaigns set entirely underground!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Feb 2019 03:48:43
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32452 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2019 :  17:03:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'm going to support this one, at least at the pdf level.

Remarkable Shops & Their Wares

quote:
The Ultimate Guide on Roleplaying Shops
Remarkable Shops & Their Wares is the ultimate guide to fantasy shops and how to roleplay them. From the classic general goods store to wildly exotic locations such as magic item artificers, black markets, underwater libraries, and traveling merchants.

The Highly Anticipated 2nd Book!
Following the success of our Remarkable Inns & Their Drinks book, Remarkable Shops has all the familiar ingredients that made "Inns" such a big hit, while being bolder and bigger, exploring new exciting avenues.

This book is written to be largely system neutral, providing 90% worldbuilding ideas, rumors, roleplaying ideas and more that are not rules-specific. It is very easy to adopt the material into your fantasy roleplaying game and is bound to inspire you and your players.

Estimated content around 100 pages
Full-color and "pencil" illustrations
Largely system neutral contents to fit any fantasy ttrpg
Some special effects and item stats in "5e-ish" rules
Easy to adapt and fit into any campaign

And...

quote:
Wonderful characters, items and history - Remarkable Shops is filled with interesting NPCs, wares, and history behind the stores. The pages are fully stocked with rich world-building details and rumors/story hooks to use in your campaign. Indeed, many of our characters such as Bilz Fizzlenozzle and Quilla Bladesong are now mainstay personalities in roleplaying campaigns around the world.

Common Goods & Exotic Items - Our book will not only list an extensive range of common goods, local produce, prices and services. It will be packed with imaginative exotic wares, rare goods, magical items and more. Prepare to be inspired!

Elevate your stores - This book, like Remarkable Inns, sets a new standard for what detail and roleplaying you can bring to a "cliche". With this book, you will no longer have the players simply dump their gold and move on. The core chapters describe everything from the classic general goods store, to item prices, services, how local products are sourced, and supply and demand. Never was there a more detailed source for roleplaying shops. Then we deep-dive into exotic wares, magical items, markets, festivals, traveling merchants, clandestine operations, and much more.

Build Your Fortune - The last section of the book is wholly dedicated to building your own store. This allows the GM to roll up (or choose from many, many tables) the most detailed shops ever to grace your world. From buying the property to hiring the architect to draw the plans. From sourcing building materials to overseeing construction. From the staff, grand opening to operating and becoming profitable. Have high-level characters that are ready for their next big adventure? Have them open a store!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Jun 2019 17:04:29
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
8341 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2019 :  02:12:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are into minis, the latest round of reaper bones kickstarters just started

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon

and yes, even though I have way too many already, I pledged.

Oh, and Wooly, I know its not a reason to buy it, but I thought of you when I saw the latest add on. At $1,090,000 (which apparently they've already passed by 80 thousand and don't even have set what the next goals are... damn, that's in less than 24 hours....) they put in a dragon wolf... some kind of bat winged wolf. I remember you talking about something called silverwolf in the past or somesuch that was a winged dog on some kind of anime or something, so when I saw it, I thought of you.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 02 Oct 2019 13:16:07
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32452 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2019 :  15:32:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

If you are into minis, the latest round of reaper bones kickstarters just started

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon

and yes, even though I have way too many already, I pledged.

Oh, and Wooly, I know its not a reason to buy it, but I thought of you when I saw the latest add on. At $1,090,000 (which apparently they've already passed by 80 thousand and don't even have set what the next goals are... damn, that's in less than 24 hours....) they put in a dragon wolf... some kind of bat winged wolf. I remember you talking about something called silverwolf in the past or somesuch that was a winged dog on some kind of anime or something, so when I saw it, I thought of you.

Been meaning to look into this one; I got a handful of minis (all add-ons) from the prior one.

Silverbolt was a wolf/eagle mix in the otherwise bad Transformers Beast Wars cartoon. I really disliked almost everything about the cartoon, but Silverbolt was cool. Body of a wolf, forelegs and wings of an eagle.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Oct 2019 15:51:21
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
32452 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2019 :  03:45:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I'm not a minis enthusiast, that Reaper Bones KS has thus far failed to grab me. There were add-ons with the last one that I liked and went for, but thus far, there's only a couple of minis I like, and none of them are in the add-ons.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000