Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  14:41:27  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm, the one thing that gives me pause

More than one hundred spells, each with unique, stunning visual effects

Its got 8 classes. Its based on 3.5. Sounds great... but it should have a LOT more than just 100 spells if there's 8 classes (cleric, druid, wizard/sorcerer, paladin, ranger, bard.... ). Granted, they say more than 100, which could mean 200 or so. With 9 levels of spells (assuming they advance up to level 20 mind you) cut across the 3 mains alone (cleric, druid, wizard/sorcerer) if they have 3 unique spells per level that's 81.

Then again, I may seriously be making an assumption in thinking the spells go above 3rd level. The video shows a listing of spells and none at a glance are of 4th level or above I don't believe.

BTW, I would love to see a 3.5 based game like this that actually got into the spells. One of my favorite things was Baldur's Gate II where it had things like contingency and simulacrum and spells that stored other spells, etc...

This youtube video has some sample combat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvc2NdR_1O0&t=16s
The mage has access to level 5 spells, using a Summon V spell at 7:56 to summon some sort of demon. I believe the intent is to have more spells, but only if the KS campaign is successful. Looks promising and you can find out more at the games website https://www.realms-beyond.com/ if you're interested.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Edited by - Tamsar on 07 Nov 2018 14:42:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page