Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2017 & 2018)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5339 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  02:23:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant. I know Ed has all these - I've seen them. I'll ping through the question to him.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Learned Scribe

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2018 :  02:49:30  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yo Ed,

After an evening spent listening to the oeuvre of Jackie Wilson, is it odd that the next Waterdeep-based adventure I want is one that involves the PCs commandeering a Walking Statue made ambulatory by the awesome tunes of the resident PC bard to attack the Ghaunadan-created slime barrier around the corrupted Maernos Shrines?

You know,
quote:
Blackstaff: I'm afraid the vibrations will shake her to pieces. We should have padded her feet.
Piergeiron: I don't think they make hob-nails in her size, Khelben.

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 01 Nov 2018 03:35:52
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
759 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2018 :  00:17:11  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed and the Hooded One,

I'm hoping either of you can provide some information of Waterdeep's city gates - how they look, how they're guarded, the kind of traffic they get, that kind of stuff. I've been looking all over but can't seem to find much on them, besides some excellent information provided some years back about when the gates are shut.

Thanks in advance, and hope you're both keeping well.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
185 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  08:31:05  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed and THO,
I've seen on the DMsGuild presentation of the Haunted Halls that there was in your original module a "Silent House hideout" in or around Eveningstar.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/16833/FRQ1-Haunted-Halls-of-Eveningstar-2e?it=1

Can you confirm or deny that information and if you confirm it, can you say something more about it ?
Thanks,
Marco

Edited by - Marco Volo on 26 Nov 2018 08:31:41
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
185 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2018 :  07:50:17  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again to you all,
It's a question for Ed or THO :)

I was wandering if the lord bandit Rivior of Eveningstar had a special ("favourite") deity among the human pantheon ? (It is for having a little shrine in my version of the Haunted Halls).
I imagine there also should be an "all faith" shrine for his men, right ?

Thanks,
Marco

Edited by - Marco Volo on 04 Dec 2018 07:53:26
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1824 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2018 :  20:57:48  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just now saw this, and failed my saving throw vs distraction. Let's hope I didn't also fail my math skill roll.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I just need a flagon with a small (say 2 inch radius) one-way, activatable portal. If you could only open it for an hour a day, how many barrels do you think could you fill? 2? 4? 10?

The decanter of endless water is a similar item, capable of disgorging 1, 5, or 30 gallons per round.

Instead of 1 gallon per round, I prefer to visualize the flagon filling itself in one round -- it just seems more natural/useful. If the "portal" can open for an hour each day, 6 seconds at a time, then it can "create" 600 flagons of ale over the course of 24 hours. The flagon probably has a capacity of 2 imperial pints (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagon), or 1.1 liters, or 2.4 US pints. Thus 600 flagons is equal to 150 imperial gallons or about 180 US gallons (Google conversion). UK beer barrels are typically 36 imperial gallons, so the flagon could fill 4+1/6 such barrels each day. Most US beer barrels have a 31 gallon capacity, so the flagon could fill about 5.8 of these barrels per day.

At 5 gallons (Imperial or US) per round, an hour of activations would "create" 3000 equivalent gallons per day.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000