Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29790 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  19:53:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is too goofy to not share...

Owlbears - Fantasy RPG Themed Designer Plush

quote:
Owlbears are fictional creatures that can be found in a myriad of fantasy role-playing games. In most cases, they are ferocious monsters that have the burly body of a bear and the head of an owl.

Whimsy Works' Owlbears are super cuddly, extra soft, and non -aggressive versions of these fearsome predators. These Owlbears are designer plush toys with role-playing game themed Paunch Patches on their tummies.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2017 :  03:14:22  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I'm backing this.

I'll just say my daughter wants one. Yeah, that's it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29790 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  12:56:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks cool, and I made a point of pinging Markus, so he'd see it.

World Engine: An Online Map-Making Tool for Tabletop RPGs

quote:
World Engine is the awesome, online RPG map maker you’ve always wanted.

World Engine lets you seamlessly combine freehand drawing and tile-based painting tools. The application runs in your browser on virtually any device – and because World Engine is designed from scratch for touch, all its capabilities are being optimized with touch and stylus in mind.

Creating great looking maps for your campaign has never been this simple or fun. Build your maps, export them for print or use inside your favorite virtual tabletop and get playing your game!

World Engine will let you create jaw-dropping maps quickly and easily – without requiring you to be a graphic artist.

World Engine supports all the mapping features you’d expect – pens, brushes, fills, layers, snap to grid, scaling, rotating – and more. It also provides the advanced tools that artists need to take their maps to the next level.

Making great maps requires solid building blocks. World Engine comes with a built-in library of hundreds of high-quality pre-made tiles, textures, and objects to build truly unique maps for your campaign.

But if that isn’t enough, World Engine’s marketplace puts an ever-expanding library of premium art from top fantasy artists at your disposal.

If you can imagine it, World Engine will let you build it.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Mar 2017 12:57:31
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1755 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  06:30:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A blast from the past!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc-lankhmar
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29790 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  10:10:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kinda interested in that one, myself, but I know diddley about DCC.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  04:24:23  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The same. I'm curious, though I'd like to read up on this a little more before I commit any gold pieces.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1755 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  05:53:38  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know anything about the DCC game system either, but I suspect that given DCC's aim to produce dungeons which are like the early D&D modules, their system is probably pretty similar to at least one edition of D&D. I have a few of the 2e D&D Lankhmar books, and they're almost mechanics-free. Although they were published as AD&D products so they didn't need to have mechanics. Anyway, I predict that translating DCC's rules to 5e D&D won't be a hassle for those DMs who are so inclined. Just my guess.

I've debated plonking Nehwon down on one of the so-far-undetailed continents of the Realms, or one of Toril's moons. There are pros and cons of course.

I would like to read through it before buying, but reviewing other recent DCC products might be the only option for each of us to answer the question of whether their material is likely to be useful to us.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29790 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2017 :  15:52:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

So I was originally going to support this Kickstarter, even though it was for 5E... But then they said they were going to do a new one, as soon as the first ended, for Pathfinder. So I decided to hold off and support that one, instead. Here's it's link. It's the same as the 5E one, with the same stretch goals and all, only it's for Pathfinder, instead.

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde for Pathfinder!

I got the pdf for this one last week, and I've had just enough time to flip through it... It looks like what Volo's Guide to Monsters was attempting to be, minus the Volo element. I'm impressed.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1755 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
errr... Wooly?

Gyrating Hamsters

"That's what I'm talkin about! Gimme yo hamstas!"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29790 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  18:21:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Seeker

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:51:54  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Well, at least I didn't "facepalm". :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13385 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2017 :  15:29:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks really good, even if you are not into 'Old School'. I personally know the artist, and all the artwork is done already. In fact, the entire project is complete - this Kickstarter is just to get up the money for a print-run. Please do whatever you can - the original of this was ahead of its time, and a LOT of its concepts made it into later editions of D&D.

The Arcanum

UPDATE: Its funded, but still a great thing to get in on!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 May 2017 13:27:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000